• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Wth?

Apr 16, 2005
Wth?

I just did my socket quest on a voulge, and got 3 sockets??? Did bliz finally make it so that you don't always get the max sockets? This is annoying, what's the point of the quest if you aren't even guaranteed anything good? So much for making an early ladder "insight"... stupid bliz. Oh well, I guess I'm off to cow cuz I'm S.O.L. on my quest.

Painman

Jun 22, 2003
Massachusetts
Visit site
You probably socketed a voulge with a low Item Level (Ilvl)... one that drops in Normal from a monster or chest there will have a low Ilvl and not get the max possible sockets. If you socketed a white voulge found in Hell, it would get all 4 since the Ilvl would be much higher. You will always get max possible sockets from the Larzuk quest, but that depends as much on Ilvl as it does the item itself.

MauJ

Jun 9, 2005
UsEast SCL
It's always been that way. Why don't you think for Cta's people didn't just go buy a1 flails in normal from Fara and use the Q? Because they have low Ilvl's and only get 3 max sockets :( There's a Page somewhere that lists Ilvls and the amount of sockets they can get, but I can't even go about remember where that's at.

Iz-GOod

Jun 22, 2003
Montreal, QC
Keep in mind that link isn't 100% accurate. I'm quite sure I've found circlets with more than one socket. Double-checking the Arreat Summit would be a good idea.