• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Wth..Invincible Monsters??

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
Wth..Invincible Monsters??

There was an earlier thread about this same problem. On the new ladder I was doing nm izzy for myself with my Meteorber and I found a Cave Leaper that was stationary and invincible. The time I took the screenshot I had just orbed, so if he wasn't invincible he would've died. The problem is I used photobucket.com to load the screenie into the net and they resize images over a certain kb. Bet you can't guess why I didn't post the screenshot with this...

I'm sure you all believe me about the invincible part concidering it has happened several times. If anyone has some help about a site to post images that doesn't resize them, that would be great..

I've had this same problem with some monsters, time and time again. You get them down to nealy zero life and everything you throw at them has no effect.

As a sorceress, zap 'em with telekenesis and they'll die. No lie - try it yourself.

As for how the monsters sometimes become "invincible," I have no idea.

Hnoo B

May 10, 2005
California
ActVTristPwnt said:
Well, Cliff Lurker, not Cave Leaper...same thing though. I got a picture uploaded.

I have actually had the same thing occur twice in NL 1.10, only in act IV, and only for those cave leaper/lurker whatever type monsters. I play a lot with my girlfriend and brother and we actually play through the game and kill all the monsters, and a completely invincilble one appeared, in two separate occasions (of course I've been in Act IV far more than twice), and only in normal difficulty. I thought I was doing something wrong, but it never said anything like "Immune to ..." It just would never lose any health. I just got away from it.

I actually think that's a pretty good strategy. When facing a monster that cannot be killed I vote with my legs!

ump

Jul 26, 2005
I've had similar problems even before the patch. Not surprisingly, it happened with different leapers. I usually end up running further away. Somehow, they lose their invulnerability if they follow far enough away.

Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
barbarians cannot die in the air, so that might have something to do with it. if the game lags and the monster stays permanently airborn somehow you may not be able to kill it until it lands. if it doesnt land, it wont die.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
acceleration turkey said:
barbarians cannot die in the air, so that might have something to do with it. if the game lags and the monster stays permanently airborn somehow you may not be able to kill it until it lands. if it doesnt land, it wont die.

Very interesting, would be funny to see a barb suddenly drop in the middle of his jump :D

But when I faced Mephisto, he kept cheating his life bar to full, using 2 barbs and 6 sorcs, we fought and his bar dropped very slowly, and every now and then, it looked like he used a rejuvenation pot orso, very weird :eek: