• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Wrong Runeword, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah !

pitcike

Jul 28, 2005
Paris, France
Wrong Runeword, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah !

ok check this out :
at that time i wasnt vry rich, just like 2 or 3 hrs worth.
then i decided that a good way of getting rich was to make hotos :
vex = soj in eu sc nl, so if u make hoto 30, u tradee it for soj (at that time u could) and u make bewtter u make a nice benefit!..
so, i go find my soj and trade for vex
then i get 4sock flail, ko pul thul...
so in my inventory, all stuff to make a hoto !
and my 2 bros behind me couldnt believe it !
so i go ahead like " Dont miss it, DONT miss it ! "
then " aw its fine its fine im not a crap noob"
so Ko then Vex then Pul then Thul...
no bonuses display...
then i watch closer
Ko Vex Thul Pul.
I drop it and leave the game
then i realize that i could have kept the flail to unsock it...
after hit came the day after... was horrible...
i just cant tell

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
Yup it's a pain i have only done this once playing diablo ... ok twice

1st) tried to make passion in a 6 sock phaseblade(was a noob so didn't understand runewords completley)
2nd) messed a hoto up to carlesness i wasn't too annoyed as it was my fault iand i was quite wealthy :lol:

Aman

Rice_Farmer3

Dec 15, 2004
I once joined a game called "Brg Ko". I traded my ko rune for the guy's 2 lems runes :uhhuh: i decide to stay for a bit and gamble. suddenly, the guy types F***!!! all in caps and leaves. i go to where he was (right by stash) and i find something twinkling on the ground: 4 socketed crystal sword with Ko-Vex-Pul-Thul. iirc, i sold it for a lot of money to charsi :lol:

pitcike

Jul 28, 2005
Paris, France
Rice_Farmer3 said:
I once joined a game called "Brg Ko". I traded my ko rune for the guy's 2 lems runes :uhhuh: i decide to stay for a bit and gamble. suddenly, the guy types F***!!! all in caps and leaves. i go to where he was (right by stash) and i find something twinkling on the ground: 4 socketed crystal sword with Ko-Vex-Pul-Thul. iirc, i sold it for a lot of money to charsi :lol:
lol must have been o funny seeing the guy take the ko and then "F**K !" and then seeing the sword on floor
but i feel for this guy :rolleyes:

yelopen

May 19, 2005
O'Neil's Empire ~~~~~~ California
Anyways, I ALMOST messed up on my mage plate enigma. Stuck in jah first, then picked up ber dragged it over...then suddenly remember that it was ith after jah. So I put back ber and stuck in ith then ber. Whew! :lol:

EDIT: Forget about what I said about HoTo. Just realized that HoTo needs to be in mace/staff. Oops :lol:

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I remember a friend of mine was making hoto...put ko vex pul ZOD! Gawd he was pissed. The only runeword ive screwed up so far was a smoke lol DOH. Sorry for your loss tho :confused:

pitcike

Jul 28, 2005
Paris, France
MoonUnit said:
I remember a friend of mine was making hoto...put ko vex pul ZOD! Gawd he was pissed. The only runeword ive screwed up so far was a smoke lol DOH. Sorry for your loss tho :confused:
Ko Vex Pul Zod ? noooooo...
poor guy lol :lol: i fell for him
really ?

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
Yea...See I never have this problem. I always double check the runes/order/item class before I make a runeword.

About the guy trying to make hoto from a crystal sword, I think he should've been a little smarter. Yeah, it shows he was thinking because crystal sword has no dex requirement, where a flail does, but if it was possible wouldnt people be using crystal swords instead of flails? Hehe.

What pains me to see is people making a Hoto from a higher class flail, such as Scourge. It really isn't that hard to find a 4os flail. Even if you have trouble finding socketed items, its worth the wait to me for the stat points you'll save.

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Lessee, here's my list of RW's made and attempted but screwed up on(that I can remember:lol:):

1 Rhyme
1 Failed Rhyme when I put TAL instead of SHAEL lol
1 Failed Insight, when I put it into a dang good... SPEAR!!! Bah.
1 Almost made Oath, but ladder reset before I could say forget it and put them into the Ettin Axe I had...
4 Stealth
12 Steel- one's on my nl FR druid right now- Crystal Sword- does anyone know what the FR is for anyway?
1 nearly-made CtA until I forgot that ladder reset and I asked for a mal instead of an ist. So I still need the ist. lol And a 5os flail.
1 Nadir- I sold it immediately because it cost one hundred thousand to replace the charges on the one I made on a skull cap...

And that's all I remember.

Theriverstyx

Apr 17, 2005
new york
i havent had it too bad... just my first rw was insight and completly messed it up, and just like you guys, sold it forgetting that i could use the cv again whith hel+tp tomb...after that, every rw i make...even till now i have like heartattks and have arret summit to double check... :D

Freezing Rain

May 25, 2005
Never messed any up.
I've made 4~ enigmas, 1 botd, 1 infinity, 0 spirits (thats right), around 20~ stealths, 5~ lores, 3 beasts, 4 insights, and 3 ctas.

Jul 7, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
A friend of mine made a Ber-Ith-Jah armor last ladder season. I didn't feel too bad for him, because another pal of his (who was very wealthy, it would seem) traded him some high runes for it. I can't imagine the sickening feeling he had when he messed itup, though.