• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Would this work? a BvC

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
Would this work? a BvC

I've got some BvC gear and thus, im making a BvC.

He will have:

Enigma Bp
Dracul's
Eth Botd Ba
Beast Ba
Dungo
Goreriders
Highlord/Angelic Amu
2xRavens/Angelics
Arreats

Bo gear:
2x 3 bo spears
3 bo wolfhowl
2x bks
arachnid
3 bo amu

Skills:

Axe mastery 20
WW 20
Bo 20
leap ??
natural resistance ??

And stats would look like:

Str:41
dex:40
Vita:rest
ene:base

And to get to this, we can calculate, that i can wear draculs when i get to use eni, and with draculs i can use botd and with botd i can use arreat and with arreat i can use beast. And i was thinking, that would this work? And as for the str, i will put 41 base coz i want to use rends for the cb, since i might do ubers with this char. and Dex 40 to use botd.

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
kingkoala said:
Wait, maybe I'm missing something but why would you put 14 points into leap? Maxing Shout is also a good idea.

leap is used to knockback minions. And why max shout? there's not idea in that, since i don't have a shield or block.

May 23, 2005
Invalid
Ce Olba said:
I've got some BvC gear and thus, im making a BvC.

He will have:

Enigma Bp
Dracul's
Eth Botd Ba
Beast Ba
Dungo
Goreriders
Highlord/Angelic Amu
2xRavens/Angelics
Arreats

Bo gear:
2x 3 bo spears
3 bo wolfhowl
2x bks
arachnid
3 bo amu

Skills:

Axe mastery 20
WW 20
Bo 20
leap ??
natural resistance ??

And stats would look like:

Str:41
dex:40
Vita:rest
ene:base

And to get to this, we can calculate, that i can wear draculs when i get to use eni, and with draculs i can use botd and with botd i can use arreat and with arreat i can use beast. And i was thinking, that would this work? And as for the str, i will put 41 base coz i want to use rends for the cb, since i might do ubers with this char. and Dex 40 to use botd.

14 Leap was suggested by blobs before anyone knew about hellforge charm, so I guess you could actually take less in it, or max it if you want to.

Only take 1 point in natural resist, with enough +skills it should get to level 5+ where the dimishing returns kicks in.

Beside you should probably get grief instead of BotD and maybe invest some points in shout.

May 23, 2005
Invalid
Ce Olba said:
leap is used to knockback minions. And why max shout? there's not idea in that, since i don't have a shield or block.

Shout increases the defence, not the shields blocking ability. It takes level 19 leap to cover the screen completely.

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
MonsterSlayer said:
Shout increases the defence, not the shields blocking ability. It takes level 19 leap to cover the screen completely.

thx for that info. I guess i will then max shout. and about leap, i could get to lvl 19 by base lvl 12, coz 2 barbs and 2 combats from arreat, and 2 from eni, and 1 from bc. So, max shout and leap lvl 12? I prefer to use Botd of the fact that with eth botd ba i can have base str 30 if i want, but i also want to have a nice 45% cb from gores+beast+rends, for ubers or other PvM, and with 41 base str i can use botd with eni, and that gives me enough str to use arreat which gives me enough str to use beast.

May 23, 2005
Invalid
I think it's commonly accepted that extra points in leap is better than just 19. When comparing BotD to Grief, you're probably comparing damage versus life. Let's say you needed all 30+ str. from BotD this saves you 30 vit points + 30 vit points from the weapon = 60 vitality. 60*4*2,5 = 600 life. Grief should've 100 more average damage than BotD. And that's ~450 versus ~350, so grief > BotD. I don't know if I explained it that well, well someone else will probably do a better job, as usually. :)

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
MonsterSlayer said:
I think it's commonly accepted that extra points in leap is better than just 19. When comparing BotD to Grief, you're probably comparing damage versus life. Let's say you needed all 30+ str. from BotD this saves you 30 vit points + 30 vit points from the weapon = 60 vitality. 60*4*2,5 = 600 life. Grief should've 100 more average damage than BotD. And that's ~450 versus ~350, so grief > BotD. I don't know if I explained it that well, well someone else will probably do a better job, as usually. :)

i know grief does way more avg and min dmg, but i don't really care, since im on NL and there a grief can easily cost 4 sojs (1 soj=1hr). I actually traded my grief for 4 sojs to get botd and beast :p

May 23, 2005
Invalid
Ce Olba said:
i know grief does way more avg and min dmg, but i don't really care, since im on NL and there a grief can easily cost 4 sojs (1 soj=1hr). I actually traded my grief for 4 sojs to get botd and beast :p

Make a high damaging fire sorc with 5xx mf, she should find about 1 soj everyother day with andy runs on nightmare in 8 players game.

Grizmorean

Aug 2, 2005
With my bvc characters I max leap and usually invest 10-13 points in natural resist. Shout is not really necessary becuase your defense is useless vs casters. You really dont have anything to fear from other melee builds because WW is such a superior attack and good melee builds will have massive AR anway. If you are up against a good bvber you aren't going to win period, so shout ain't gonna save you there.

semisonic9

Oct 21, 2004
Florida
I've always done shout (melee, to help out in pvm), BO, WW, mastery, and then sprinkled in some of the other skills. Leap, IMO, does ok...but I recomend minimizing the points into it.

Shout still helps with defense (BvB barbs must deal with AR issues too)

1-4 points in passive resists...your plus skills and gear should get it up near its diminishing returns point nicely, and you'll only have to swap out some gear in hell for the big elemental duelers (fb sorcs, cold sorcs, etc). In hell, with decent gear, I could completely outstack a necros LR or a Paladins whatever the hell that skill is called-aura with decent gear. For poinsoners, FOH I usually needed to grab a wiz spike for fcr anyway, so it was all gravy.

(I did this from memory, btw, I quit the game some time ago, which is why my wording is off.)

Scorpsspirit

Aug 16, 2005
Soj finding

Hey,
I wanted to ask a few questions if you dont mind... is there other ways to find sojs? and how many hours a day? does it take to find a soj everyother day in nm andy 8 player game? ty...

luis19

Mar 28, 2004
Ce Olba said:

what server are u playing on lol?
on useast, a godly grief goes for a couple of lifers (30ish lifers worth around 25xsojs).

but eitherway grief kills botd in dmg, ontop of the already much higher average/min dmg, it has venom and 20%deadly.
botd gg'ed

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
luis19 said:
what server are u playing on lol?
on useast, a godly grief goes for a couple of lifers (30ish lifers worth around 25xsojs).

but eitherway grief kills botd in dmg, ontop of the already much higher average/min dmg, it has venom and 20%deadly.
botd gg'ed

Im on Europe NL and with the 4 sojs i mean a low grief (mine was 33/365), dunno about a godly grief. And i know that grief is way better, but well, i don't really care about the deadly, since i will have at least 35 ow or cb with whatever glove set i use (25 to ow and cb from gores), and i can have 60% either (rends or draculs). And to me that 4 sojs is pretty damn much, since that is all that i own (or well, i got about 4 accounts full of low stuff), since my mate gave me Lo to get eni just before ladder reset. And if i want poison to my dmg, i can always get 10x 100 pdscs to have more dmg than with venom (i tested this with 12x pdscs and venom from grief). And well, i also prefer botd for the fact that it has the 30 stats, and the visible dmg is nice (i've played with grief about 1-3 monts now, getting confused with it). And if i will need a grief ba, i can borrow my mate's, since he also prefers botd>grief, coz he is not vry good with the calculations, and even tho i've explained him the grief dmg thing, he still prefers botd>grief. But that's his choice. And what about charms? since i know i can't afford 32020's, what would be good charms? 20 life charms?

oneBlast

Feb 14, 2004
Poland
20 life sc's if you want more life, and 10/xx ar Gc's if you want more dmg.
I use Gc's and I have around 5.3k life with standard vs casters gear.

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
I just made some calculations, and i'm looking for corrections. I was trying to calculate my final life at lvl 92 on this char.

First the stats:

vitality: 25+(91*5)+30= 510 (Base+levels+botd)
Life from charms: 275
Bo: 140% (lvl 36)
34 vitality dungo

So, let's start.

510*4= 2040 (vitality points into life)
2040+275=2315 (vitality+charms)
2315*1.40=3241 (life multiplied by bo)
2315+3241=5556
Then with 2x bks and dungo

25+(91*5)+30+34=544 (base vita+vita from 91 levels+botd+dungo)
544*4=2176 (vitality into life points)
2176+91+275=2542 (life without bo+charms+bks)
2542*1.40=3558.8 (life multiplied by bo)
2542+3558.9=6100.8

Can someone tell me if i am correct or inncorrect? And im i am incorrect, could someone tell me how the correct calculations would be? And to where does my enigma's 5% to max life go? I could guess it would be next to bo.

Halciet

Jun 26, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
Yeah, you're a little off. Only natural life, points-invested vit, and +direct life is affected by BO. Item vit, +life/level, and +% life is not.

So:

25 + (91*5) = 455; 455 * 4 = 1920

1920 + 275 charm life = 2195

2195 * 2.4 ( the 140% BO bonus ) = 5268

30 vit from BotD + 34 vit from Verdungo = 64 vit

64 * 4 = 256

5268 + 256 + 91 BK life = 5615 life total.

The Enigma 5% would work out in the BO stage, so counting that you'd be sitting at 5724.75. Diablo 2 uses integer division to store these totals, so you'd be sitting at 5724.

I'm not sure if you meant to leave out the +60 quest life or not. If not, you'd go back and add that in with the base life total before the BO multiplier.

-Hal

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
I've not levelled this char up to lvl 71, and i now use botd, beast, eni, dungo, rends, arreat, ravens/highlord or angelics, gores, and i do pretty good. 4k life after bo. Still need to lvl up.