• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

WHY you need to play Ladder....

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over
WHY you need to play Ladder....

Well, I think last night was some of the most enjoyable DiabloII play I have had in a LONG time. Myself and 12 others from this very forum created 2 HardCore Leveling Teams; Team Evil and Team Good. Team Evil played together for about 4 hours before some called it quits for the night. Then Team Evil and Team Good formed 1 group and when I finaly went to bed 6 hours had passed.

I'll note on what made this so enjoyable.

A. No Fear of PK's

B. Folks getting excited on what we would normally consider CRAP equipment, for example, GoreFoot Boots, SOL rune, 4% LL rings.

C. Playing "Untweaked" At Lev 40, there isn't a single item on her (Trapper) that in 3 months I could trade an EL rune for. Gambleing and shopping for gear takes on a whole new meaning.

D. No Maphack, Dupes, BOTS, yet. I admit, I'm a past MH user but last night I think has brought me back from the "Dark Side". Granted we wen't able to do Act3 in 5 minutes but that's what made it sooo much fun.

Oh well, that's it. I hope to see my Team Evil and Good comrades on tonight.

misterlinno

Aug 2, 2005
You found a SOL? ahh!! I want!

But in reply yea, it was awesome, probably the first time in a long time that I actually played through almost every quest running through every land thing leveling the right way untwinked. Very awesome. And my crappy gear is good enough for my fishymancer! In act 1 I found a wand and sheild head thing that I'm still using in act 1 nm. Very cool. And legit made runewords make me giddy. Kudos to the new ladder season and goodluck all! :clap:

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over
misterlinno said:
You found a SOL? ahh!! I want!

:clap:

Yep, found it on one of our Baal Runs. I nearly pooped my pants. I'm gonna make "Insight" (sp?) Runeworld for my Merc so I don't run out of mana after casting 5 traps....lol.

misterlinno

Aug 2, 2005
Thats awesome, my team really needs a merc with insight. Sol runes are rare so far. That's really weird to say... I found a Ral off of norm baal. and a couple more low runes around. But I got me a stealth and that keeps me quite happy.

yxx

Apr 23, 2005
because i am so poor, now we are same,

well, maybe not i am only lel 38

Cragthorn

May 28, 2005
Minnesota
new ladder is fun...

I did act 1 solo, all quests along the way. Then I jumped into some group games. I had a lot of fun. I finally got into a baal run group... so there I am level 28 bliz sorc dropping blizzards for baal's minions and I hit my ALT key.. .and see unique armor... I grab it as no one really seemed to be watching... identify it... Vipermagi! Now in a game with 6 or 7 sorcs... how could they not have seen it lying there???? I was just giddy.

There are some really cool players on ladder. Lots of very helpful folks.

tctuner

Jul 6, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
i agree last night was the most fun i have had in a long time playing diablo. lvl 26 meteororb sorc and did my first baal run this morning. im the first of my buddies to play and lvl so i guess ill be lvling them farly soon. i have been grabbing all the runes and jewels and charms i see on the ground. everylittle bit helps. found 2 ral runes off of diablo!

DukeZed

Jun 22, 2003
Duchy of Banville
Visit site
Cragthorn said:
... Vipermagi! Now in a game with 6 or 7 sorcs... how could they not have seen it lying there???? I was just giddy.

There are some really cool players on ladder. Lots of very helpful folks.

haha, in the game I was in it amazed me how much of everything got hoovered even without seeing what it was. Every boss was a clickfest at death. Like bloomin anteaters...*makes sucking sound*.. at least they left stuff that was potentially useful like socket armours and polearm class weaps(put in stash in case or sell later) and no one bothered levelling mercs except me and mine is now a useful lvl 18.. when I get Insight made eventually he will be the right level I think.

SixPack

Jul 30, 2005
EU
diablo3ros.************
i soloed through normal and nightmare and everything was fine (eaten some dust from the ancients @ nightmare but ok). nightmare baal dropped some magic **** and now i hate him.

then i started hell with zealot lvl63, 20 zeal, sacrifice, fantacism. almost forgot how difficult it is :) foolish zombies owned me :).

then joined some party and killed andy. now it is time for some rest.

ladder is best place to play. and if you have some trusty friends to play with it gets even better. multiplayer generaly is better because hell in SP is wicked :D

Cragthorn

May 28, 2005
Minnesota
anteaters...

DukeZed said:
haha, in the game I was in it amazed me how much of everything got hoovered even without seeing what it was. Every boss was a clickfest at death. Like bloomin anteaters...*makes sucking sound*.. at least they left stuff that was potentially useful like socket armours and polearm class weaps(put in stash in case or sell later) and no one bothered levelling mercs except me and mine is now a useful lvl 18.. when I get Insight made eventually he will be the right level I think.

That's why I couldn't understand how I got it... I mean it's the first time I've ever seen baal runs where the floor was totally clean after it was done! Not a potion or item left on the floor... same run I got a set amulet.. tancreds I think it was... people just ran right by it.

HoshNasi

Jun 21, 2005
Frosty_The_Snowman said:
[OT]
OMG rev129, you won the price of the *smallest* avatar ever :lol: ! I can't even figure out what it is :spy: !
[/OT]

It was from the BNet Diablo I chatroom. That particular image is a rouge, with three dots. Meaning the person has beat all difficulties.

HoshNasi

Jun 21, 2005
I only played two hours last night but we made it to Act2 normal. The highlight was Andy. Imagine if you will an 8 person game where the highest two chars are 12 and 13, followed by an average of lvl 8. I am following the MoteOrb build and aside from one point in fireball/static I am worthless. I believe I was the only one who did not die from Andy. I dedicated a column on my belt for antidote and spammed the floor with them. I would run up to her spam static, and then chug some pots and let the other guys do so dmg. Funny thing is I got the kill shot with a crappy fireball and she exploded with rares, no unis, but I grabbed a nice belt and a polearm for what is now my act 2 defiance merc.

The other highlight, as a rule when playing untwinked I pick up, id, and sell EVERYTHING.. After the first hour of playing I amassed a 25k sum of gold and while popping a chest in cold plains picked up a magical staff with +3 charged bolt and +3 frozen armor, Made my job MUCH eassier.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
rev129 said:
Well, I think last night was some of the most enjoyable DiabloII play I have had in a LONG time. Myself and 12 others from this very forum created 2 HardCore Leveling Teams; Team Evil and Team Good. Team Evil played together for about 4 hours before some called it quits for the night. Then Team Evil and Team Good formed 1 group and when I finaly went to bed 6 hours had passed.

I'll note on what made this so enjoyable.

A. No Fear of PK's

B. Folks getting excited on what we would normally consider CRAP equipment, for example, GoreFoot Boots, SOL rune, 4% LL rings.

C. Playing "Untweaked" At Lev 40, there isn't a single item on her (Trapper) that in 3 months I could trade an EL rune for. Gambleing and shopping for gear takes on a whole new meaning.

D. No Maphack, Dupes, BOTS, yet. I admit, I'm a past MH user but last night I think has brought me back from the "Dark Side". Granted we wen't able to do Act3 in 5 minutes but that's what made it sooo much fun.

Oh well, that's it. I hope to see my Team Evil and Good comrades on tonight.

A. No one PK's in softcore unless they want to waste their time. As for hardcore it has been ruined for a long time, 1.09.

B. Yes and that feeling lasts a whole 2-3 days, yawn. After that it is the same damn stupid meph, pits, baal, pindle, etc. treadmill.

C. Same idea as B

D. No maphack in new ladder? Don't fool yourself, remember blizzard doesn't give a damn about security. Bots? I bet there will be people pindlebotting soon (either now or in a few days) on ladder with blizzard sorcs.

Same old