• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Why do we blame Durf??

Mordalles

Jan 7, 2004
South Africa
Why do we blame Durf??

So, im reletively new here, and i cant help but wonder why we should blame durf? How did this ill fate befell him? Was it something he said?

Oh, and i blame Durf for not knowing why I should blame Durf. Does that make sense?

Kaysaar

Jun 22, 2003
NH
Visit site
Well it all started one dim dark day in the Off-Topic forum. Durf(Durfbarian) was on vacation and the forum had become quite dull. Dutchman, another OTF poster, decided that this lack of interesting posts was Durf's fault. So he blamed Durf. Soon, everything started to be Durf's fault. By the time Durf returned from vacation it'd stuck.

Now everything that happens, good or bad (but mostly just silly) is Durf's fault.

Takis

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Yes he is still around and if we can't blame DurfBarian, then we would have to find someone else. Do you know how long that could take?
So let's stick to things we know. :drink:

Takis (El_Greco)

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
sweden
Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Ah, the good old days :D Wasn't this around AC (After Crash) 2 ?

--T
wasent it before the grand server crash went we all started from zero again (i liked that do it again then i will have burned about 10000 posts here)

but i can be wrong i can hardly recall apoc and spearthrower discussion things in a friendly way;)

but i do recall certain events all to well :(

Mordalles

Jan 7, 2004
South Africa
Well, I'dd like to thank Durf for letting me blame him for stuff that my mother usually blames me for, which is mostly everything that goes wrong. And Durf, just for precaution for next time, remember, when the engine starts to make funny noises and the car's meter is showing that the car is hot, youre best option is probably to stop and not drive for another 20 kilometres. We don't want you to cause my brother to burn out the engine again.

Dark Matter

Oct 1, 2003
London
Durf answered this himself when it was asked a month or so back, but the trouble is that the post has gone :)

IIRC Durf went on Holiday and the OTF had a flame war. These were/are often diffused by one of Durf's 'light relief' posts.

Durf returned and commented that "he blamed himself" for not being around to fix it, and that was how it started.

sunbearie

Jun 25, 2003
Dark pretty much explained it all. On a side note, we blame durf for any little thing that we're not satisfied with, even non-diablo. Btw, didn't all the discussions about squid, buttering both slices of bread in a sandwich (the correct way!), WF, etc all happen around AC(after crash) 2.

Do we have any special things to remember about the new/old age AC3?

Jun 22, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
atma.diabloii.net
Nah, Mavis_Cruet (now *that* is going waaaaay back) was the original High Priest of Bread Buttering and this was roughly before AC1. Actually, the Squid was also before AC1 while the WF was before AC2 when Waimea had an incredible drop of two high end items from Mephisto. Damn ... been here loooong time ;)

--T

tragor

Nov 27, 2003
Over there .. behind that thing
Serdash said:
Yeah. You only get those funny looks when you're sitting in a public place and something happens and you say, "Durf! It's all your fault!". They just don't get it.

Oh, but they do. Whenever I say it I see heads nodding all around. Seems like everyone knows it's Durf's fault. :D