• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Why do I always get "Forgoten Sands" ?

apfhelsine

Aug 3, 2005
sweden
Why do I always get "Forgoten Sands" ?

Hi Everyone!

Why do I always get "Forgotten Sands" when I throw the portal to the über bosses, I have tried 4 times with the same reult!

I Always throw the Key-portals in Hargogath, anyone hava a clue or am I just doing the wrong thing! :mad:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
If you collect three key sets and activate all three portals in the same game, each will lead to a different area. I learned that the hard way, just like you :lol:

Uzziah

Feb 20, 2004
SmokeyTreats said:
Just make sure you cube them in different spots, not just from your chest.

that should not have anything to do with it.

just get 9 keys and make all in the same game.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
It's surprisingly annoying to get multiple portals on essentially the same spot --- usually the wrong one is "on top", so the other ones are just offset by a pixel or so... difficult to click on.

pyourk

Aug 2, 2005
canada
so., can someone explain to my why smiter is better tahn zealot for the uber

also,. is the uber d in trist the same as the one that drops anni

and wat dmg can smiter achieve,.? cuz my zealot rite now does 5-6k at lvl 71. so i'm not sure y a smiter will do much better

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
The important thing about smite is that it always hits (delivering CB and lifetap more effectively) and the Tristram bosses are hard to hit, so it doesn't really pay off to switch to zeal in order to take the last 2% of their life, as they might start to regenerate betwen your hits because the duration pf your poison source runs out, gaining life faster than you inflict damage. For example, my zealot doesn't use zeal at all versus them, dealing even the final blow with smite, and a paladin using smite exclusively is a smiter ;)

I guess a zealot with 1 point spent for smite needs 5 blows more to kill a Tristram boss than a smiter, so he is exposed to them two seconds longer, making a smiter a little better in Tristram. However, if you want a character who can retrieve the keys, the body parts and torch+flag, you need more versatility and versus monster crowds, a fana-zealot is better than a smiter.

SmokeyTreats

Jul 3, 2003
Uzziah said:
that should not have anything to do with it.

just get 9 keys and make all in the same game.

It doesn't matter as far as getting all the portals but as Myrakh-2 pointed out it is a bit of a pain when they spawn on top of each other.

Bert

Apr 18, 2005
Belgium
krischan said:
I guess a zealot with 1 point spent for smite needs 5 blows more to kill a Tristram boss than a smiter, so he is exposed to them two seconds longer, making a smiter a little better in Tristram. However, if you want a character who can retrieve the keys, the body parts and torch+flag, you need more versatility and versus monster crowds, a fana-zealot is better than a smiter.

That and the fact that you can start your attack with zeal and finish off with smite.

Why starting with zeal?

If you start with zeal it takes most of the time less than a second before life tap kick's in, making you almost invunerable.

Bert

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
Bert said:
That and the fact that you can start your attack with zeal and finish off with smite.

Why starting with zeal?

If you start with zeal it takes most of the time less than a second before life tap kick's in, making you almost invunerable.

Bert

The Tristran bosses are very hard to hit, so it's not a good idea to attack them that way. However, you can trigger lifetap by hitting one of the friendly minions nearby :)