• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Wht can a banned person do?

marshaldwm2

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
Wht can a banned person do?

Sorry for a rather simple question. I know a banned poster cannot post (obviously) but can they still read this forum?

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over
marshaldwm2 said:
Sorry for a rather simple question. I know a banned poster cannot post (obviously) but can they still read this forum?

No...if you try to access the forum after being banned your computer will explode.

ToadKiller

Jun 23, 2003
Limbo, CA
Visit site
rev129 said:
No...if you try to access the forum after being banned your computer will explode.

Too bad it wasn't, "If you try to access the forum after being banned, Rev129 will explode. Would save us a lot of grief (and not the runeword).

TK

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
ToadKiller said:
Too bad it wasn't, "If you try to access the forum after being banned, Rev129 will explode. Would save us a lot of grief (and not the runeword).

I also found this a bit harsh

most of what rev129 is funny :thumbsup:

Like the reset button thread :lol:

Aman

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Jan 3, 2004
Your subconscious
marshaldwm2 said:

As long as guest accounts are turned on then I believe the answer is yes for browsing - obviously though, you need to be signed in as a member in order to post and if the guest accounts are turned off, you won't be able even browse here IIRC.

Also, if you've been banned and try sneaking back by making a new account, the moderators can and will trace and re-ban you. The only way to plead your case if you want to come back is to email Elly or a moderator.

ToadKiller

Jun 23, 2003
Limbo, CA
Visit site
rev129 said:
Thx bro...some folks get to up-tight on here and fail to see the humor in it all.

That photo is funny. Sometimes you're funny. But you have to know that, just because sometimes you're "funny", you can't just say any damn thing you want.

Sometimes you're funny.

Sometimes you're not.

TK

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over
ToadKiller said:
I can buy that. But...what's in the other half of your mouth if you're talking out of your sack?

Hmmm?

TK

Sunflower seeds...I just can't stop eating them..... Take it for what you will...I'm here to have fun...isn't that what this is all about? Maybe it's a lil bit of sweet revenge in my eyes. I'm not sure how many of you guys were playing this game back in (I think it was New Year's Eve 2001). A group of folks somehow hacked into battle.net and were able to recreate your Diablo chars with the same name and in turn do what ever they saw fit to your account. If i remember right it has something to do with creating an account with the same acc nome but on a different Realm. Well, I was one of the un-lucky ones that had my account stolen/hacked. I'm sure there have been other times since then that hackers have done their evil deeds to us. I just see it as a small bit of payback. Just last night while playing I had this conversation with one of the "Easy Map" users.

ME: Your using "EasyMap"
Him: Yea..I got it for FREE!!! It's cool.
ME: You know it's got a back-door keyloader in it right?
Him: STFU n00b, you a dumbazz, I scanned it......
ME: Is it anti-detectable with battle.net?
Him: STFU noob, I'm using it so it must be........

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over
ToadKiller said:
Payback for what? I'm 100% sure that the people who did you wrong before are not the ones that got caught now.

TK

True..True...but if it looks like a dog, walks like a dog, then it's a dog right? Why are people standing up for these guys that got busted CHEATING? I don't get? They had to have known they would catch flack if they came on here and admited it? This forum is not a "parole" board. It's dosn't make them any less a cheat does it? Maybe this action from blizz will deter future folks from doing crap to the folks that wish to play the game as it was ment to be played.

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over
ToadKiller said:
They're posting "I hope you burn in hell".

Should you really burn in Hell for cheating at a computer game?

TK

I never said anything like that, maybe your talking to the wrong guy here.