• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

who is the summonerer?

ActVTristPwnt

Member
Aug 2, 2005
193
0
41
33
North Carolina
The summoner is found next to Horazon's Book in the arcane sanctuary. He will cast spells such as:

Fireball
Glacial Spike
Firewall

He looks kind of like a Ghoul Lord(or a necro wearing all Trang set).
 

Tutatis

Member
May 13, 2005
111
0
33
36
Bucharest
360.yahoo.com
ActVTristPwnt said:
The summoner is found next to Horazon's Book in the arcane sanctuary. He will cast spells such as:

Fireball
Glacial Spike
Firewall

He looks kind of like a Ghoul Lord(or a necro wearing all Trang set).

He doesn't seem like a goul lord, he doesn;t levitate and looks human.
I meant who he is in the story of the game, and why is it said that he is impersonating horazon
 

ActVTristPwnt

Member
Aug 2, 2005
193
0
41
33
North Carolina
That I can't help you with. There are parts of the D2 story that I understand and there are parts I don't. I understand how D1 and D2 tie together, and I understand that Baal, Diablo, and Mephisto are all brothers. I don't understand who Duriel is. He came from nowhere.
 

Tutatis

Member
May 13, 2005
111
0
33
36
Bucharest
360.yahoo.com
ActVTristPwnt said:
That I can't help you with. There are parts of the D2 story that I understand and there are parts I don't. I understand how D1 and D2 tie together, and I understand that Baal, Diablo, and Mephisto are all brothers. I don't understand who Duriel is. He came from nowhere.

the lord of pain, one of the 7 forces of hell, one of the evils that exiled the brothers etc.
In d2 he again serves them.
 

Fluffballer

Member
May 4, 2005
1,048
0
255
I can follow all of the D2 plotline EXCEPT the Summoner(er). I've listened to everyone's speeches a thousand times and it never makes an ounce of sense to me. I'm not entirely clear on anything about the Arcane Sanctuary actually, and who was the mage that visited Jehryn right before our character gets to the city and opened up the mess in the Palace? Was that the Summoner? Working for Baal? Is that why there are demons in there? Inquiring minds want to know.
 

ActVTristPwnt

Member
Aug 2, 2005
193
0
41
33
North Carolina
Not sure who you're talking about talked to Jehryn. If you mean the man the whole story follows(guy in brown cloak), you should know that he is Diablo. He is the elder version of the man that steals Diablo's soulstone at the end of D1.
 

Fluffballer

Member
May 4, 2005
1,048
0
255
Jehyrn tells a story about a Vizer-whatever the heck mage coming to look in his palace. Shortly after the Arcane Sanctuary started letting demons in. Since the Summoner is described as a Vizerisdfjfeijfei mage, that's my best guess as to who visited Jehyrn. That would make sense because Diablo needed to get Horozon's journal to unlock Baal.

The NPC speeches are pretty confusing for that part of the game. The Claw Vipers seem absolutely random as well.

We need a :nerd: icon.
 

Tutatis

Member
May 13, 2005
111
0
33
36
Bucharest
360.yahoo.com
Fluffballer said:
I can follow all of the D2 plotline EXCEPT the Summoner(er). I've listened to everyone's speeches a thousand times and it never makes an ounce of sense to me. I'm not entirely clear on anything about the Arcane Sanctuary actually, and who was the mage that visited Jehryn right before our character gets to the city and opened up the mess in the Palace? Was that the Summoner? Working for Baal? Is that why there are demons in there? Inquiring minds want to know.

The "mage" u are referring to was not a mage, but the dark wanderer aka diablo. He visited the city. The summonerer or at least Horazon was an enemy of the lords of hell, he was summoning, more likely monsternapping their minions and making them his slaves. He build the arcane sanctuary to protect himself from the imminent attack from hell. The demons beneath the city have no connection to randamant or the monsters outside. I am not 100% sure but i believe the summonerer new that jerhyn will lose against the forces of evil(of the brothers, he was pretty evil himself) and therefore decided to ocupy the castle(his former castle) and the city to fight Baal.
 

Tutatis

Member
May 13, 2005
111
0
33
36
Bucharest
360.yahoo.com
Fluffballer said:
Jehyrn tells a story about a Vizer-whatever the heck mage coming to look in his palace. Shortly after the Arcane Sanctuary started letting demons in. Since the Summoner is described as a Vizerisdfjfeijfei mage, that's my best guess as to who visited Jehyrn. That would make sense because Diablo needed to get Horozon's journal to unlock Baal.

The NPC speeches are pretty confusing for that part of the game. The Claw Vipers seem absolutely random as well.

We need a :nerd: icon.
hmm strange i don't remember the story of a mage coming to the castle.
Vizjerei is the name u miss. The palace was constructed on a former fortress of the vizjerei and horazon was the last of them. That's why the gate to the sanctuary was hidden in it.