• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

where to find runic claw?

sunami

Banned
Jun 27, 2003
Visit site
where to find runic claw?

Sorry if noob question, I d like to get a hold of either runic or feral claw with venom or df or other nice mods, is Ania the best place to shop for these? And how much gold should I have on hand fot the good ones? And will these always get 3 sockets? Thanks

ilkori

May 23, 2004
Pool of Beginnings
A white one cannot be shopped. You'll have to find it yourself or trade for it.

Try running an area with no MF to increase your chances. Several sites (don't have a link on-hand) have drop calculators to figure out your best chances to find one.

sunami

Banned
Jun 27, 2003
Visit site
Thanks. I understand that the difference between using suwayya and runic claw for a ww sin is the speed of mb and trap laying is faster with runic, is this true? WW speed with chaos and fury is the same?

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
I'd look in level 85 areas such as the Pit and Cows, but don't get your hopes too high.

ilkori

May 23, 2004
Pool of Beginnings
sunami said:
Thanks. I understand that the difference between using suwayya and runic claw for a ww sin is the speed of mb and trap laying is faster with runic, is this true? WW speed with chaos and fury is the same?

It's the speed of trap laying, yes. Whirlwind stays the same speed with any claw you can make Chaos or Fury in. (the IAS brings them to the fastest speed.) MB is affected by FCR, and not IAS.

BTW, I just looked on a drop calculator (for 1.10) and Hell Cows has the best odds per kill (and there's a lot to kill).

Oct 20, 2003
Visit site
sunami said:
Sorry if noob question, I d like to get a hold of either runic or feral claw with venom or df or other nice mods, is Ania the best place to shop for these? And how much gold should I have on hand fot the good ones? And will these always get 3 sockets? Thanks

Your absolute BEST bet is to get some items of value or curency to offer and post on some trade forums (here, blizz trades, etc.). You can look forever and not find a runic with nice skills. You can trade for a 3 venom runic relatively cheaply. They aren't expensive. Just post a trade and keep it bumped, esp. on the blizz forums. I was able to get a 2x runics with +3 venom and +3 mindblast on both of them (with DF on one and blade shield on the other). Took about 2 to 3 weeks of effort.