• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What's the most annoying quest to help noobs out with? ifr

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
What's the most annoying quest to help noobs out with?

I want to know for purposes of dumping all my nonladder stuff on an unsuspecting good samaritan at an undisclosed server at some random time in the future.

Dia

Jul 7, 2003
Pwnsylvania
www.digg.com
I'de say most noobs always skip (or have NEVER done):

-The Blade of the Old Religion (Gidbinn quest, Act 3)
-Freeing The Barbarians (forget exact quest name, Act 5)
-Killing Nihlathak (forget exact quest name, Act 5)

cassurai

Oct 18, 2003
Dia said:
I'de say most noobs always skip (or have NEVER done):

-The Blade of the Old Religion (Gidbinn quest, Act 3)
-Freeing The Barbarians (forget exact quest name, Act 5)
-Killing Nihlathak (forget exact quest name, Act 5)

Add Horadric Malus to that.

Darnoc

Jan 20, 2005
Chicago Burbs
Definitely act 2. Obtaining the cube, staff, amulet, then killing the summoner and duriel. Maybe even asking to go through all the tombs in the canyon to level your character to see if they really are truly a good samaritan :D

Arutha

May 20, 2004
I hate doing Izzy for other people since I can never seem to find him, also dislike anya especially when there are those sirens or whatever shooting those red lag balls(my comp is old) at me like crazy.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Good ideas. I think I'll go with Act 3 quests. Everybody hates finding their way through the swampy areas. If somebody is nice enough to give you a hand with Act 3 quests they've got to be pretty cool.

Merick

Jun 22, 2003
Fractal Land, Nebraska
www.xanga.com
It still shocks me how many people join my "a2 get staff" games and say "here's a tp to arcane, let's go"

Good luck with the act 3 thing, I've never seen anyone do it outside of the first few weeks of a ladder reset. I swear, a few people in v1.00 got the durance 2 wp and it just kept getting passed on for years until the expansion, then the same thing happened again. And then it kept getting passed on until you needed the trav too, so those 2 wps were passed down.

hellomoto

Aug 10, 2005
texas
Darnoc said:
Definitely act 2. Obtaining the cube, staff, amulet, then killing the summoner and duriel. Maybe even asking to go through all the tombs in the canyon to level your character to see if they really are truly a good samaritan :D

I have to agree. This is the longest and most annoying bcuz most of them are really big newbs. And they always ask you for items. ( moochers)

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
I think you guys are missing the point. I'm setting up a fake game to give all my stuff to someone who is actually cool enough to help out with a really tedious quest.

Jul 30, 2005
Florida
Act 5 soldier rescue:

I simply will not do the soldier rescue after normal diff.....the reward is always the same ral, ort , tal.......I cannot understand what blizz was thinking of giving those same rune for all diff......runes after norm should be random....maybe up to a vex.....that would be cool

Fluffballer

May 4, 2005
The tome isn't bad because it's always in the same temple. I really wish it was random; it's almost like having maphack.

edit: spelling

kberger

Nov 5, 2004
wisconsin
A very annoying quest to help a noob do is hell anya. A little dangerous, and very annoying.

I had my wind druid in a game, and this person asked me I if I would help with the anya quest. I was not wearing an enigma, so I had to clear the river of all of those gloam like things and winged things. And what does this noob do while tagging along and watching me struggle to clear? Opens evil urns along the way. I was to busy chugging potions and spamming tornadoes to immediately type don't do that.

letosan

Aug 2, 2005
Missouri
I never thought the Izzy quest was too bad, just run around the edges of either area until you find plains, they just run plains until you see the quest button pop.

I personally dislike the flail quest (doing it, not the concept. excellent concept, a little tedious the 80 millionth time you do it) 3 crazy pits to trawl, and the final one is a major let down because no mini-boss to beat to get into it.

Its not even required anymore so I dont know that you wanna do that one.

Hnoo B

May 10, 2005
California
Pherdnut said:
I think you guys are missing the point. I'm setting up a fake game to give all my stuff to someone who is actually cool enough to help out with a really tedious quest.

Sorry Pherdut, it appears people don't care about the giveaway, they just want to gripe. Shows you the priorities people have :)

dang79

Feb 18, 2004
Hnoo B said:
Sorry Pherdut, it appears people don't care about the giveaway, they just want to gripe. Shows you the priorities people have :)

Act 3 quests... for sure...
First of all they're not necessary, you can skip to trav and then durance 2 in a jiffy. Anybody who will trawl the swaps with you is damn cool.

I never even did that. Never have the patience really... and I admit it... I help with ancients, anya and diablo... but act 3 is a massive undertaking...