• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What's so great about a Frost Zealot?

CubsAce38

Dec 27, 2004
USA
What's so great about a Frost Zealot?

Everyone's been raving that they will be really good in the new ladder season. I don't see why. If you can please explain to me the power of this char it would be greatly appreciated :) thanks

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
well they are pretty good in general. Nothing can block out their holy freeze aura thereby weakening all melee enemies because it slows them the down and such. And usually, paladins can tank a decent amount so ranged enemies shouldn't post that much of a problem. But the build is very item dependent so I wouldn't think that people would make a frost zealot as their first ladder char.

stzein

Jul 5, 2003
users.skynet.be
But the build is very item dependent so I wouldn't think that people would make a frost zealot as their first ladder char
I made my first char a frost zealot because it is very item INdependant. Barbs don't hit for 500 with their bare fists :cool:
Just get the fastest weapon you can get and you're good to go. I admit that in order to beat hell you do need good equipment, but there aren't many chars that can beat hell without decent equipment now are there?

buttaz

Mar 24, 2005
all u rilly need to make a nice norm/NM zealot is some CB, smart skill investment, and some IAS or -% defence.... all of which can be ade with the low lvl Runeword 'Black'.... i just made one 4 my Nl Frosty..... i love it

DaBone

Jan 4, 2005
I am making a new Freazealot in the new ladder. I love running around and watching things blow up from the cold damage. You just have to be careful in A5 due to Iron Maiden enemies.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
or just get a holy freeze merc and save yourself the trouble

where are these geniuses who think zealots will dominate ?

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
DaBone said:
I am making a new Freazealot in the new ladder. I love running around and watching things blow up from the cold damage. You just have to be careful in A5 due to Iron Maiden enemies.

Only physical damage applies when cursed with IM. If your main damage consists mainly of cold, you wont get hurt much (but if you have decent items, the physical damage might be high enough for you to get into trouble)

Fluffballer

May 4, 2005
You can use your bare fists in the CS so you won't get IMed. Slap on a weapon to kill the OKs which will cast decrepify on you when you hunt them down.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
Fluffballer said:
You can use your bare fists in the CS so you won't get IMed. Slap on a weapon to kill the OKs which will cast decrepify on you when you hunt them down.

According to the site (linked to above):

General Notes about IM: If you deal massive physical damage and are worried about Iron Maiden, keep your fists with Zeal/Holy Freeze on weapon switch! This way you can eliminate the casters without worrying about returning a lot of physical damage! Thanks to Squix.

Also of definite note was this recommendation by Loboleal:
"I realized that speed and AR with your fists were a serious problem.
I found a solution for those issues: Bone Wand of Piercing.
3-7 Physical damage, ITD and fast attack. Better than your naked fists."

:thumbsup:

Wurmer

Jun 23, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I agree, the ITD wand is a solution have been using for a good long while. I used to keep a wand with ITD and 2 very nice elemental damage. I used it with all my Tesladins and Holyfreeze Paladin.