• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What's better for PvP? A 200 FCR Lightning Sorc, or a 200 FCR Fire Sorc?

DeDaDe

Jul 6, 2005
What's better for PvP? A 200 FCR Lightning Sorc, or a 200 FCR Fire Sorc?

Lightning would have an Energy Shield build, while the fire would be a pure fire build. Which is the best for PvP?

Godz Deathz

Banned
Jul 25, 2005
usa
depends purely on style of play
personally i prefer fire, because lightning has a sort delay while casting so it takes longer to cast than a normal spell (charged bolt, tele, fb)

200 fcr sorcs are all about speed, so i would say fire, as you will do more dmg and are faster

Crashlander

Feb 25, 2005
The bottom of the spiral
Yeah watch the casting times. Apparently lightning and chain lightning work off faster hit rate, not faster cast rate which will throw off all your other attck spells like Nova. Also I find Lightning and CL more about pure luck as the minimum damage is always 1. Disheartening to hit Baal with a fully masteried CL and only do about 10 damage :)

Leandro

Aug 2, 2005
Brazil
I'm pretty sure CL works with FCR since 1.10. Plus when i had a Lit Sorc, i got a dagger with 10% IAS and it didnt change anything in terms of my CL casting speed.