• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What the...? Useless restriction?

Jul 31, 2005
What the...? Useless restriction?

So I was playing in a pretty good Baal run, which are hard to find these days, and all of the sudden I got a connection interrupted thing. Oh well, that sucks, I'll get over it, so I sign back in..Only to find that on the character select screen it says something along the lines of "Your connection has been temporarily restricted from this realm. Please try to log on again at another time." Now this just pisses me off. I have done nothing to warrant this. Never used any hacks, bots, or anything. Not in my entire life. Heck, I'm pretty new to D2, I don't even know where to get them. So, this happen to any of you before? If so, how long did it take for you guys to get back on? Thanks

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
New realm down message....a bunch of threads about it...try using the search feature.

EDIT: sorry if that sounded a lil rude, didn't mean it that way; just use the search feature next time.

dave

Jun 22, 2003
Copenhagen
usually they last about an hour...but mines @ 12 hours and counting atm...and i didnt even join/leave games at the time...just quested in act 1...totally unfair :( :(

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
MoonUnit said:
New realm down message....a bunch of threads about it...try using the search feature.

Your connection has been temporarily restricted from this realm" is the new realm down message but I'm not really sure why the "connection interupt" occured.

GotFriana

Jul 13, 2005
Argentina
BillysRocketNards said:
So I was playing in a pretty good Baal run, which are hard to find these days, and all of the sudden I got a connection interrupted thing. Oh well, that sucks, I'll get over it, so I sign back in..Only to find that on the character select screen it says something along the lines of "Your connection has been temporarily restricted from this realm. Please try to log on again at another time." Now this just pisses me off. I have done nothing to warrant this. Never used any hacks, bots, or anything. Not in my entire life. Heck, I'm pretty new to D2, I don't even know where to get them. So, this happen to any of you before? If so, how long did it take for you guys to get back on? Thanks

This is not because you were using a hack or anything it is simply because you were probably going in n out of games too fast. Wait at least 15 mins and then try to log again. Trying to log on repeatedly will only make it worst.