• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What merc should I choose?

Jul 12, 2003
What merc should I choose?

I am about to hit act2 in NM and was wondering if I should go with defiance/might or HF merc. I am a blizz sorc btw and want to know what will best help me out the most :)

Naitti

Mar 2, 2004
Lahti, Finland
irc-galleria.net
I-bring-realm-down said:
I am about to hit act2 in NM and was wondering if I should go with defiance/might or HF merc. I am a blizz sorc btw and want to know what will best help me out the most :)

Might won't do you much good, since you are a caster.. I'd say choose holy freeze if you are planning to run pits or other large areas with multiple enemies and if you are planning meph running, etc.. then choose defiance

Jun 2, 2004
France
I-bring-realm-down said:
Holy Freeze is a nice choice, because the monsters will be 50% slowed, and thus it will be much easier for you to aim at them, and to hit them more often with your blizzard.

tactik

Aug 21, 2003
Reykjavík, Iceland
Visit site
When I did my Blizz sorc, I went for Might. It doesn't really help the sorc, but it helps keeping the merc alive when you don't have access to great items and makes the killing of cold immunes faster. Besides, you can always change later on, since you can now buy merc at a close lvl to yourself.

Aug 1, 2004
Depends on what you're doing with her. If you're going to be questing and have the possibility of facing a lot of cold immunes, Might (even though it doesn't help you directly) will make your merc kill those for you faster. I like a Might merc for a 1 element sorc.

--Shannon

edit: tactik, great minds think alike. :)

HoshNasi

Jun 21, 2005
The only thing good so far on the ladder to happen was a nice polearm drop. My merc was doing over 100 dmg when I bought him at lvl 10, I chose defiance, because I am a big wussy meteorb sorc.