• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What merc for wind druid?

BuddyLee

Aug 14, 2005
What merc for wind druid?

Hey guys. I am going to start making a wind druid for the new ladder season. I'm going to have a standard wind druid build with hurricane, tornado, twister, cyclone armor, oak sage, and grizzly bear. What would be the best mercenary for this build? Right now I'm thinking either act 2 or act 5 merc, and if i go act 2 i don't know which aura would be best. Also, I'm pretty much just going to play PvM.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt

If you really to conform and be like everyone else, go get a Holy Freeze/Defiance/Might Act II Merc. :(

They are better than the other Mercs most of the time.

However, if you want style, go with an Act V Merc. :thumbsup:

I personally stick all my characters (with a few exceptions) with Rogues. They kick ***.

Wingspan

Jul 9, 2003
NJ, USA
Act 2 Might merc... why?

I used to have a Warcry barb who would stun all he monsters, so I got an Act2 Might MErc. This way your merc does the msot dmg possible. After all, between cold and stun potential, you don't have to worry about mosnters swarming your merc and pwning him. So why not have him dish out as much dmg as possible? With good etheral gear and some deadly strike it is easy for them to do 15k+

BuddyLee said:
Hey guys. I am going to start making a wind druid for the new ladder season. I'm going to have a standard wind druid build with hurricane, tornado, twister, cyclone armor, oak sage, and grizzly bear. What would be the best mercenary for this build? Right now I'm thinking either act 2 or act 5 merc, and if i go act 2 i don't know which aura would be best. Also, I'm pretty much just going to play PvM.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt
get a barbarian so you can have 2 beef tanks. (grizzly and merc)