• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What is the pit?

Aspeak

Aug 2, 2005
What is the pit?

ive looked it up and i cant find anything, i clicked the thread in the stickies post but it wont display

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
It's the cave below Tamoe Highlands.

The Pit is only interesting in Hell difficulty, as it's one of the alvl 85 areas --- the highest area level in the game (of the maps that have monsters, that is). This means every item can drop there (with the exception of items that only certain monsters can drop, of course).

It's popular because of the high level, and because it's populated with Act 1 monsters --- easy pickings even for weak chars. It is comparatively large, has a decent number of bosspacks, and level 2 in particular is cramped with bosspacks and monsters.

Note, however, that the monsters are normal monsters, not baby mephistos. People often expect high uniques, sets and ZODs to rain in the Pits, which is NOT the case.

pedu

Mar 15, 2005
Helsinki
Its true that it doesnt rain godly stuff there. Just have to share a nice experience from the pits.
I was doing pit runs for a whole day, and nothing dropped. I mean
A B S O L U T E L Y nothing. When I was in the "just-one-more-run" stage griffons eye suddenly dropped. I was in 7th heaven. Only to seconds later realise that it was only 5% or so from being the baddest griffon it could be. :(
That describes my luck pretty good.

dune6836

Oct 17, 2004
se england
just to add. it takes great patience and high mf to find items in the pits or ancient tunnels (act2 great area for blizz sorcs) however items are only part of the issue. if you join a "pit run" game, and there are 5-8 strong players involved, you will simply fly through it, in relative safety, and even at clvl85 you will notice some movement on your exp bar.
this is a good alternative to baal runs. dune