• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What is the best way to finish act2 in all dif?

What is the best way to finish act2 in all dif?

I am having a pain time trying to finish act 2 fast any sugestions?. i was thinking of making 1 char for each difficulty that will not kill duriel so next time ,i will just use that char to make a game and finish act2. I am not sure if it still work or not.
 

Fearox

Member
Dec 14, 2003
883
0
165
45
Sweden
www.squidclan.bl.am
LORDKLE said:
I am having a pain time trying to finish act 2 fast any sugestions?. i was thinking of making 1 char for each difficulty that will not kill duriel so next time ,i will just use that char to make a game and finish act2. I am not sure if it still work or not.
I don't understand what exactly it is you're wondering about. If you mean that act 2 takes too long time to finish the best solution involves two computers: just create a game with the char that needs to complete act 2, enter with another char that has already done act 2 and give the first char the necessary waypoints/complete act 2 with the other character. If you don't have two computers: just ask a friend about the waypoints or help to finish the act. Or, if you don't get too angry about stupid people, join a public game called "act 2 plzzzzz" or something like that.
Your way ("i was thinking of making 1 char for each difficulty that will not kill duriel so next time ,i will just use that char to make a game and finish act2.") works as well. But then you will have to do act 2 anyway, with the characters designed for killing Duriel for your new chars. So then the total time (including all chars involved) will be as long as if you just had played through act 2.
 
masakerr said:
why do you want to play the game, but not play the game? Are you going to have issues with Act III too?

Is nto that i dont want to play the game is about the time u spend in act 2 is much more than all the other conbine together. Act3 is ok because you only need to kill the councils and u can go to meph but in act2 full stuff is a must so what y i think i post this for?. I dont think this is a stupid question. ALso about the things that i just said before is it posible because i don't want to waste my time doing all the act2 dif without killing meph and is not working.
 
Fearox said:
I don't understand what exactly it is you're wondering about. If you mean that act 2 takes too long time to finish the best solution involves two computers: just create a game with the char that needs to complete act 2, enter with another char that has already done act 2 and give the first char the necessary waypoints/complete act 2 with the other character. If you don't have two computers: just ask a friend about the waypoints or help to finish the act. Or, if you don't get too angry about stupid people, join a public game called "act 2 plzzzzz" or something like that.
Your way ("i was thinking of making 1 char for each difficulty that will not kill duriel so next time ,i will just use that char to make a game and finish act2.") works as well. But then you will have to do act 2 anyway, with the characters designed for killing Duriel for your new chars. So then the total time (including all chars involved) will be as long as if you just had played through act 2.

If this really work i can safe time in letting all my new char finish act2 quicker and easier. That will help my friends and I. Think about it if you are making like 10 different char build it will take much longer then just create a game and let ur friend kill duriel for you.
 

Wolv

Member
Jan 29, 2004
1,042
0
120
What yer looking for is to be rushed. If U don't have friends that can hook you up, the next best thing is to join public games, or create a public game of yer own 'act2 staff qwest' or whatever....
 

DrSeuss

Member
Jun 26, 2003
25
0
5
www.seuss.org
LORDKLE said:
Is nto that i dont want to play the game is about the time u spend in act 2 is much more than all the other conbine together. Act3 is ok because you only need to kill the councils and u can go to meph but in act2 full stuff is a must so what y i think i post this for?. I dont think this is a stupid question. ALso about the things that i just said before is it posible because i don't want to waste my time doing all the act2 dif without killing meph and is not working.

So why *are* you playing the game?
 

masakerr

Member
Nov 13, 2003
656
0
165
State of Confusion
www.geocities.com
I don't know too many people are in a hurry to skip this or skip that. There's good experience to be gained all around in all acts. I guess I'm a purist, I just like playing the game for what is was designed for. I'm not in a hurry. Especially now with 1.10 if you get too far ahead of the game your experience potential drops way low!

I will admit to having a very great dislike of the Maggot Lair!
 
LORDKLE said:
Is nto that i dont want to play the game is about the time u spend in act 2 is much more than all the other conbine together. Act3 is ok because you only need to kill the councils and u can go to meph but in act2 full stuff is a must so what y i think i post this for?. I dont think this is a stupid question. ALso about the things that i just said before is it posible because i don't want to waste my time doing all the act2 dif without killing meph and is not working.
Act 2:
Cube
Staff
Amulet
Correct Symbol
Duriel

Act 3:
Eye
Heart
Brain
Flail
Council
Mephisto

Act 3 takes longer then act 2, unless you rush, of course, and just do council and mephy. Really, you dont need anything but a game with someone whos got the ammy. Then you can join and just go down to the sanc, then the canyon, and join with the other for duriel. I personally use public games to finish that mess.
 

Yavanna

Member
Sep 9, 2003
785
0
120
37
La-La Land
Visit site
LORDKLE said:
I am having a pain time trying to finish act 2 fast any sugestions?. i was thinking of making 1 char for each difficulty that will not kill duriel so next time ,i will just use that char to make a game and finish act2. I am not sure if it still work or not.
Make it a Barb or an Assassin.
 

Ai_Guy

Member
Jun 23, 2003
26
0
5
Visit site
masakerr said:
I don't know too many people are in a hurry to skip this or skip that. There's good experience to be gained all around in all acts. I guess I'm a purist, I just like playing the game for what is was designed for. I'm not in a hurry. Especially now with 1.10 if you get too far ahead of the game your experience potential drops way low!

I will admit to having a very great dislike of the Maggot Lair!

yeah, i usually play the game through myself, though I admit getting some waypoints at times. The maggot Lair can be annoying, but really The claw viper temple on hell level is REALLY hard now in 1.10(on norm and NM its cake)
 

ahcw

Member
Dec 15, 2003
1,429
0
165
Bellingham, WA
Ok so let me get this straight, u want to get through act 2 as fast as possible because it's too long (i however think it is one of the faster acts in the game), all you do in act 3 is kill the trav and move on, i'm guessing all u do in act 4 is rush through the quests and kill diablo (or is act 4 too long as well?), and if u keep up the usual routine all act 5 is for is shenk/ancients/baal. So like some of the other people in the thread have posted, why do u play the game? I for one find playing the acts as sort of the um fun part of the game, but that's just me i guess.
 

Fearox

Member
Dec 14, 2003
883
0
165
45
Sweden
www.squidclan.bl.am
ahcw said:
Ok so let me get this straight, u want to get through act 2 as fast as possible because it's too long (i however think it is one of the faster acts in the game), all you do in act 3 is kill the trav and move on, i'm guessing all u do in act 4 is rush through the quests and kill diablo (or is act 4 too long as well?), and if u keep up the usual routine all act 5 is for is shenk/ancients/baal. So like some of the other people in the thread have posted, why do u play the game? I for one find playing the acts as sort of the um fun part of the game, but that's just me i guess.
Maybe he is in it for the pvp? I was, in 1.09. But now it is really fun playing through the game. I think the maker of this thread should give a try with some build he never tried out.
 

Vladicus

Member
Nov 26, 2003
377
0
122
23
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Fearox said:
Maybe he is in it for the pvp? I was, in 1.09. But now it is really fun playing through the game. I think the maker of this thread should give a try with some build he never tried out.
I personally can't stand PVP.
Back in 1.08 and 1.09 I was still doing my best to play through the game, on multiplayer espesially.
Now it is even more phun, espesially when you find an individual who wants to do likewise and is willing to complement your characters (and vice versa).
 

frederikdnd2

Member
Jan 7, 2004
79
0
26
36
Italy
Beastie Boy said:
Act 2 is the best place in the game for easy levels between 9 and 20.
Beastie Boy said:
Why would you want to pass up on this? Then cow till 24, and your off to baalz for the rest of your life.

Well that sorta depends if he's talking about normal/nm or hell difficulty, and since he was talking about ALL difficulties ur advice is no use...


Beastie Boy said:
Why would you want to pass up on this? Then cow till 24, and your off to baalz for the rest of your life.

Personally i would Arcane till lvl 20, do duriel and a tomb run (21/22), and then join some nice trav runs...u should be lvl 25 in no time, off to baal till lvl 45, complete nm and at lvl 50 ur all set to go to lvl 70 in nm...then start hell where the real game starts...the rest is just sissy foreplay
 

Daemonaz

Member
Jun 23, 2003
454
0
83
50
The Icy Cold Plains of Finland
masakerr said:
I don't know too many people are in a hurry to skip this or skip that. There's good experience to be gained all around in all acts. I guess I'm a purist, I just like playing the game for what is was designed for. I'm not in a hurry. Especially now with 1.10 if you get too far ahead of the game your experience potential drops way low!

I will admit to having a very great dislike of the Maggot Lair!

Yeah you're right and it is also about the only way to get a good merc. If you get rushed you will have a pain to level your merc afterwards. But then again, many people like standing in the Throne of Destruction, castin endless meteors to gain XP, and they think it's actually skill.