• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What is best, fairly cheap, weapon for a zealot

shadowxc

Aug 5, 2005
What is best, fairly cheap, weapon for a zealot

I was thinking of starting to work on my zeal pally and i was trying to find a solid weapon that could allow me to solo hell. This is ladder so i can't afford uber runewords.

I was thinking of maybe using a crescent moon phase blade. Would that be good to solo hell and run baal. Or is there something else better. I really can't afford anything that cost more than an ist.

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
Baranar's Star is a very good weapon. Easy to find, insane elemental damage, and hits very fast. With it you won't have to worry about physical immunes.

Gimmershred is also a viable choice. Loads of elemental damage and it's also relatively easy to find as well.

deadbeater

Aug 31, 2003
Rixot's Keen, either shaeled or with jewel of fervor. That's right, Rixot Keen, Level 2 sword, either shaeled or with jewel of fervor. At level 32, upgrade Rixots. Gets you through nightmare while you are laughing at the ebay buyers.
Because unlike them, you actually know how to play.

Oh, Solo Hell. Well, then, try Strength Athagan. Just uses sol and amn. Don't forget to smite at 4fps.

Epsilon Eyez

Feb 17, 2005
Cally Fahnia
awesome.atspace.org
Double Upped Crushflange has been my favorite, though a bit expensive, the base item is too easy to get. Or you could delve into the beautiful world runewords, Steel (Tir + El), Malice (Ith + El + Eth), or Strength (Amn + Tir) Scourge/Ataghan/your weapon of choice is about as cheap as you can get. If we're talking elite uniques, Gimmershred is among the pool of easiest to find/trade for, along with Nord's Tenderizer and Baranar's Star.

lCE

Apr 26, 2005
Warsaw, Poland
IMO an Oath Cryptic Sword. U just need to get lucky on 2 hellforge quests and get Pul and Mal. Any eth cryptic sword will get auto 4 sockets from larzuk and the damage on a good roll can be in the high 400's.

ramian

May 12, 2005
Singapore
I'd say Heaven's Light Mighty Scepter. I easily found 3 from Hell meph last ladder and sold 1 for a couple of pgems. My current smite/zeal paladin on NL is doing mighty well with this right now as in my brother's hammerdin who is using zeal as a secondary attack. The stats are pretty sweet...

+250-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+50% Damage To Undead
-33% Target Defense
+20% Increased Attack Speed
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
+15-20 Life After Each Demon Kill (varies)
+2-3 To Paladin Skill Levels (varies)
+3 To Light Radius
Socketed (1-2) (varies)

Almost every stat on that weapon is more than useful for a zealot. And I'd vote this higher than Baranar's Star as its WSM is 0 unlike B.Star which is 10, which allows you to hit that godly 4fps zeal much easily with *only* 65 IAS (60 of which you can easily get with 2 shaels in the weapon) as opposed to 90 if you're using B.Star. This is ofcourse taking into account that you're using Fanaticism.

Granted that you're on ladder, it shouldn't be hard to come across this (I think... I mean, I did find 3 in a relatively short span of 2 months of playing) Most people out there seem to underestimate uniques especially with all the uber runewords out there, so even if you were to try getting this in the trading channels, it shouldn't be that much more expensive that what it would be sold for on these forums.

cheers!

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
Eth Death Cleaver!

But seriously, any Elite Club or Axe should do. Oh yeah, Stormlash>PvM.

shade449

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
shadowxc said:
I was thinking of starting to work on my zeal pally and i was trying to find a solid weapon that could allow me to solo hell. This is ladder so i can't afford uber runewords.

I was thinking of maybe using a crescent moon phase blade. Would that be good to solo hell and run baal. Or is there something else better. I really can't afford anything that cost more than an ist.
If you can get a crescent moon pb then go for it. It's easily good enough to get you through hell and the static field is :thumbsup:

Choson

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Canada
A shaeffers hammers has always been a good choice it shouldn't be that expensive since there is basically no demand for them since .9..... where has the time gone

Wurmer

Jun 23, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
lCE said:
IMO an Oath Cryptic Sword. U just need to get lucky on 2 hellforge quests and get Pul and Mal. Any eth cryptic sword will get auto 4 sockets from larzuk and the damage on a good roll can be in the high 400's.

I agree, I find it to be a very nice runes/mods ratio. That's whatI did last ladder. These runes are not exactly cheap but still very attainable.