• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What character should I start with?

xxljotkkalxx

Dec 9, 2003
Visit site
What character should I start with?

Well, I've just came back to the beautiful D2 world of addiction..i've wondered what characters I should make..since I havnt started D2 with NO ITEMS AT all in AGES.

I was thinking about blizzard sorc for MF'ing..and maybe hammerdin and meteorb..what are you guys starting out with? any reasons?

CookiesnCream

Jan 29, 2004
For me, the summon necro is the easiest char to start off with. I started a trapper this season and don't really like her that much. :(

MoUsE_WiZ

Nov 19, 2003
Inside my head.
Trapper + Summoner -- incredibly easy
Javazon + Hammerdin -- incredibly fast killers with no gear, but comparably fragile
Orb Sork -- rather fragile, somewhat gear dependant, but can run meph if you can get it that far

Jun 27, 2003
Australia
Visit site
I think summoner is easiest. (Mainly because it takes up until lvl 24 to really win with a trapper).

However, in endgame I prefer trapper for mf% potential.

I'm currently making a trapper, barb bo'er, javazon, and hammerdin (when I get some spirit ingredients).

Valar-Wrath

Jun 9, 2004
*Valar-hc on ehcl
I chose to play a Blizz sork when my computer is not busy exploding from 10000 pop-ups.

I always choose a sorc when first starting ladder. Basically because I know how to play them well and they are great for mf.

I'd suggest one if you weren't JUST coming back to D2, let alone, HC.

xxljotkkalxx

Dec 9, 2003
Visit site
Valar-Wrath said:
I chose to play a Blizz sork when my computer is not busy exploding from 10000 pop-ups.

I always choose a sorc when first starting ladder. Basically because I know how to play them well and they are great for mf.

I'd suggest one if you weren't JUST coming back to D2, let alone, HC.

I hadmy own fare share of D2 expereience..I started in classic when lance barbs/multi zons owned everything..played 1.07..1.08...1.09...1.10..then quitted heh

battledroid

Jun 18, 2005
denmark
I had my mind set on a summoner but ended out with an orber, just gonna do nm runs with her and get some good gear for other characters :)

Mal

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
As much as i enjoy playing summoner necros, I seem to have more survivability with a trapper. I always end up loosing my necros when they get amped and I don't realize theres a monster standing next to me.

Full_Circle

Apr 29, 2004
I'd go with either a javazon or a trapper, mainly because you easily can nm cow with them without killing the king. Cow until you've got a few skillers, then trade them off for all the gear you'll need for your "real" MFer. That's what I'd do if I had an internet connection. Either that or destroy my CDs. One of the two.