• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What character can solo hell baal?

xxljotkkalxx

Dec 9, 2003
Visit site
What character can solo hell baal?

Well, for sure I know a decked out Hammerdin can solo hell ball no problems...

but I started hardcore on new ladder so...I'm not even close to being decked out..well my plan was to just level my blizz sorc to 80 ish..and start hell mf'ing the crap out of her..then get some decent equipment to start a pit/baal runner...

what are some suggestions? would hammerdin be OK even without HOTO/Enigma?

battledroid

Jun 18, 2005
denmark
summoner
wind druid
dual element sorc
boner (dont know how easy after they removed marrow bug)
hammerdin
ik barb

those are the once that i have done it with :)

Ankeli

Oct 11, 2004
Finland
Javazon, nothing like CS hitting baal.
Blizz sorc with a good merc, those skellies in wave 2 are the only cold immunes. Lister sometimes.
Hammerdin, self explainatory.

^ those three are the fastest / best

summonmancer, ele druid, nearly any barb considering good luck with the throne, read: no knights. There are plenty, nearly any char can solo baal with a proper merc.

MoUsE_WiZ

Nov 19, 2003
Inside my head.
CL sork can do it too, and since it's a lightning skill you can get your +teleport and +es via +3 lightning instead of +1-2 all.

With CL&Blizz the actual soloing part is fairly easy, the tricky part is surviving the port there.

Bonecros and summoners can both walk there easily.

A trapper can either use mindblast spam and run there or can walk there, but if you're mfing with a trapper I'd probably just stick to pindle+cs. Ditto that with a Javazon, except javazons can't run there as easily without mindblast. Probably ditto that with a hammerdin, but I haven't had anything resembling a successful hammerdin yet this patch so I don't know ^^

Jun 26, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
the charas ive done it with are:

javazon (jab + merc (using that unique war pike) for lit immunes)

dual tree sorc

hammerdin (easy mode)

windy (i had the toughest time with my windy.... killing speed seems to be slower than dual tree sorc, maybe its just that my gear wasnt as great or something)

AAJimmy

Jul 3, 2005
Göteborg
You dont need any gear to own baal and the worldstone keep with a hammerdin. They are so overpowered its ridiculous. I have spirit, res boots, res gloves, res/life armor, res shield, res helm and res jewelry. Nothing special really. He has 25% block, 1700(found a few charms along the way) life and 75/50/60/5 res in hell.

Ps. The reason I have so low block is that I am planning on GA and HoZ. :)

Ps2. Are there really any other characters who can solo this early? Maybe necro but I doubt it?

senji

Banned
Jul 9, 2003
Hammerdin is the best early when everyone don't have good gear yet.
I solo hell baal with crap gear

Phantaxus

Jun 28, 2004
Summoner necro is safest way.

Try to find kelpie snare and equip your merc with it when entering baal room, it combined with clay golem and ice bolt mages really stuck baal so well that he cannot cast a single spell or teleport.

Then just wait and watch baal slowly going down. Upgraded kelpie snare can do the trick even better.

Valar-Wrath

Jun 9, 2004
*Valar-hc on ehcl
xxljotkkalxx said:
what lvl do you think I can solo hell ball with crappy geared pally?

and when you said res armor/res shield/res boots/etc, what does RES mean?

Res=Resists

I'd say low to mid eighties he is soloable untwinked, depending on what you find.

Tor Land

Aug 6, 2005
TElemark
PhatTrumpet said:
I would remove IK Barb from that list just because of IM and replace it with Blizzard Sorc. There aren't too many cold immunes, and your Merc should be able to handle what few there are.

This is bull****. IK Barb can handle himself just fine :rolleyes:

Rekoc

Apr 30, 2004
texas
Twinked chars I have solo hell baaled with:
Bone necro
Wind druid
Javazon
Frenzy druid.
Summoner
Blizz sorc
Lightning sorc