• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

what are these new keys ?

tollwut

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
what are these new keys ?

hi

can someone explain me, or indicate me an URL which explains,
what are these new Keys everyone is looking for, these recent days ?
what are they used for, how to get them ?

thanks a lot in advance

Remlin

Jun 26, 2003
East Coast, USA
Visit site
I believe it is on ladder only.
In Hell difficulty when you kill the Countess, the Summoner or Nilathak they have a chance to drop a special key. Each one drops a different key. Collect 1 each of the 3 keys. Cube them in act 5 and a red portal opens to one of 3 locations where you find a bunch of tough monsters and minions AND a SUPER Unique: Lilith (Andarial's big sister) Duriel or Meph. All VERY tough (at least for us regular players, there will be those who think they are easy).

When you defeat the Biggy they will drop a 'body part' (eye, horn, heart). Each one drops a different part. But, I don't beleive you can control which MEGA-Boss the portal will open to.
Collect 1 each of the 3 body parts, cube them and a new portal opens to a tripl-play of MEGA-Bosses. Defeat them all (better bring a bunch of friends) and you will get a drop of 1 'torch' char.
The torch gives plusses to stats and resists and +3 to skills for a SPECIFIC character class. (Even in an 8-player game only one drops, so make sure you are playing with reliable friends.)

So, you might go through all of this and your invincible Barbarian might get a Druid torch. Needless to say, there is a lot of trading back and forth to get the one you want.

I believe that this is all accurate.

mannyfresh

Aug 11, 2005
canada
I might be wrong here, but I thought the three portals opened to Duriel first, Izual second, and Lilith third. Also, after defeating the 3 bosses in Tristram, don't they also drop a Standard Of Heroes too?