• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

What about this build for pvp?

DevilsWrath

Aug 29, 2004
What about this build for pvp?

It might already exist, but I dunno. I did check the pvp guides and didn't see one pertaining to this.

Poison/Summon Hybrid

Gear I had in mind (feel free to make corrections)
Shako
Maras
Enigma Bp
Arach
Trang gloves
Marrows
Darkforce 3/3/3 or Homun for resist
Deaths Web or Hoto for fcr
2 sojs or 2 rare fcr to hit the bp
Cta on switch
Anni and 10 pnb skillers in stash

Merc Gear
Fortitude
Guillaumes or Giant SKull
Infinity Polearm (conviction boosts mage dmg)

Skills would look something like this:
20 Skel Mast
20 mages
20 Psn Nove
20 Poison Explosion
1 Lower resist
1 Golem
1 Golem Mastery
1 Summon resist

I was bored today so I just thought this up, the basic premise would be dueling so you can cast LR on your enemy and have your mages stacked on you. Then you would tele on top of your enemy and nova, then the mages would finish them off too because with the LR and convic they would do some decent dmg, not to mention the nova which would hit about 9k or so would drop their health phenominally fast.
Against sorcs its possible to hit 125% fcr, however the resists wouldnt be too great without some gear substitutions, but the mages should protect you for a minute or so, mainly just long enough to cast a nova. Not to mention the psn bypasses a sorcs es and a druids cyclone armor so theres a plus. What do you all think of my mindless brainstorming?

Gix

Apr 2, 2005
New York
First of all, don't call your brainstorming mindless. We have enough people apologizing for their noob questions.

Second, mages are nice for killing some Fallen for fun but crumble against harder hitting monsters. Maybe if you had something to tank. Hmmmm....

Yup.

-Gix

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
Don’t count on the Mages to do an awful lot of damage or tanking. Since -% Enemy resist spells like LR and Conviction work from the total amount of stacked resists, instead of the 75% displayed, it might be very hard to get the PvP-ers into negative resists.
Mages take full damage from other payers so they will crumble very fast.

amphrosyne

Jul 20, 2005
DevilsWrath said:
It might already exist, but I dunno. I did check the pvp guides and didn't see one pertaining to this.

Poison/Summon Hybrid

Gear I had in mind (feel free to make corrections)
Shako
Maras
Enigma Bp
Arach
Trang gloves
Marrows
Darkforce 3/3/3 or Homun for resist
Deaths Web or Hoto for fcr
2 sojs or 2 rare fcr to hit the bp
Cta on switch
Anni and 10 pnb skillers in stash

Merc Gear
Fortitude
Guillaumes or Giant SKull
Infinity Polearm (conviction boosts mage dmg)

Skills would look something like this:
20 Skel Mast
20 mages
20 Psn Nove
20 Poison Explosion
1 Lower resist
1 Golem
1 Golem Mastery
1 Summon resist

I was bored today so I just thought this up, the basic premise would be dueling so you can cast LR on your enemy and have your mages stacked on you. Then you would tele on top of your enemy and nova, then the mages would finish them off too because with the LR and convic they would do some decent dmg, not to mention the nova which would hit about 9k or so would drop their health phenominally fast.
Against sorcs its possible to hit 125% fcr, however the resists wouldnt be too great without some gear substitutions, but the mages should protect you for a minute or so, mainly just long enough to cast a nova. Not to mention the psn bypasses a sorcs es and a druids cyclone armor so theres a plus. What do you all think of my mindless brainstorming?

Conviction doesnt lower poison resistance. Skellies are useless in pvp. Just go pure poison with a point in every summon skill. Poisonmancers are weak already in terms of viability in tough pvp; no need to reduce its damage further.

DevilsWrath

Aug 29, 2004
ok for one, skellies are not pointless in pvp. If you think that you have obviously not met a pvp summoner. And two, psn nova can drop your health to 1 pretty damn quick and if you would actually read what i wrote maybe u would notice the (conviction boosts mages dmg) next to the infinity. In no place did I say it would help the poison. The general premise for the build was to LR someone (LR means lower resist), then tele on top of them (using enigma), then nova them (nova means poison nova), then have the combination of LR (lower resist), conviction (the aura that lowers resistances), and mages (skeletal mages) to drop their health so they die (fall to the ground dropping gold and an ear).