• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Weird happenings and a couple of questions

Gaz

Oct 28, 2004
Weird happenings and a couple of questions

So I decided to start a kicker and twinked her quite seriously, played the game on players 8 and killed Andariel, Duriel and Mephisto all in one session.

Now the funny thing is, all three of them only dropped one green item each, and it was the same item, a green belt. yup Hsarus' Iron Stay. Has anything odd like this happened to anyone else.

the second question. Is there a level limit on the ancients. I remember seeing something about this and the limit's being 20, 40 and 60, but I have never had the opportunity to test this and in the survivor tourney, I am almost there.

Rizzo

Jun 21, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Visit site
Gaz said:
the second question. Is there a level limit on the ancients. I remember seeing something about this and the limit's being 20, 40 and 60, but I have never had the opportunity to test this and in the survivor tourney, I am almost there.

Yes there's a limit. At least there was in 1.10 (iirc)
Dunno about the belts, guess it's just crazy "luck"

Gaz

Oct 28, 2004
I am aware of that, but the whole point of the tournament is to get a hardcore character at as low a level as possible through to nightmare baal.

Rizzo: I'm playing 1.10 at the moment. don't feel like upgrading just yet.

bill_n_opus

Apr 10, 2004
GVRD baby!
Gaz said:
So I decided to start a kicker and twinked her quite seriously, played the game on players 8 and killed Andariel, Duriel and Mephisto all in one session.

Now the funny thing is, all three of them only dropped one green item each, and it was the same item, a green belt. yup Hsarus' Iron Stay. Has anything odd like this happened to anyone else.

One green belt drop for each boss???

Man, that's weird. Both super unlucky and lucky at the same time.

It's like finding 3 50lb bags of cow testicles on separate occasions ... what are the odds of that happening ... yet you don't want it. :uhhuh:

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
Hsarus' belts are more useful than cow testicles. :lol:

If you think the multiple drops were odd, start looking for green breast plates. :lol:

Crudesash68

Jun 25, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Visit site
essojay said:
Hsarus' belts are more useful than cow testicles. :lol:

If you think the multiple drops were odd, start looking for green breast plates. :lol:

Never underestimate cow testicles. Especially flaming cow testicles.

And don't get too upset...wait until Hell Meph drops not one, but two, count em, two! Green breast plates.

Steve