• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Wednesday

Cormallon

Oct 11, 2004
Europe
Wednesday

Hmm, less than three hours to go on wednesday, and no daily?

My frenzy barb isn't finished yet, but I felt I should continue my lightning zon for the melee blues. I got lucky... only one type of LI in the spider forest AND in the marsh, and no gloams :clap:

Right now I'm looking for the WP in the marsh. It seems I'll get a few more points. Dunno if I'll make it through the complete act, some boss packs are really nasty.

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
Cormallon said:
Hmm, less than three hours to go on wednesday, and no daily?
We are lucky you came and ended this blasphemy ;)

Today I've done countess runs and played my fanazealot, windy and my old trapsin that I had forgotten about.

Besides diablo I'm just enjoying my vacation, too bad the weather suckZ.

kazh

Hm, lightning zon rlz... Only waiting for a Lycander's Javelin to start mine...

Well, last night (already wednesday), I continue to play my Fishymancer, lvl 69. He started doing some Meph runs, but I was so unlucky that I gave up, and decided to finish Nightmare...great ideia!

NM Hellforge dropped a Lem (hm, not tht good, but it could be worst), and in the Chaos Sanctuary, found a unique Grim Scythe with Crushing Blow, and then my life got a LOT easier... Diablo dropped me NOTHING...:( Act 5...
Act 5 was A MOTHER to me, a restarting player...next to WP #2, it dropped a unique ring from a normal monster...I though "hm, it could be at least a dwarf star..." but It was a SoJ! :) My second ever... Nice... Already in the WS K, the tool that my Merc needed: Guillaume's Face...:D Meph runs got so fast and easy that It was already 04:00 AM and I wanted to run it again, and again...!!! In the last run, The Occulus came to end my the best night for my necro till now.

Occulus + SoJ...hm, will have to build a Sorc...but I really wanted to build an Assassin or a Paladin first...hehe.

See ya...

TrubbaNot

Jun 21, 2005
Midwest US
kazh said:
Act 5 was A MOTHER to me
I read that to mean the complete opposite at first :D What wonderful luck!

In about 5 minutes I am going to uninstall for the 5th time, and do a complete reinstall from my friend's discs. I got D2C to load up with mine, but every time I tried to install LoD I got a data error message. So I borrowed his LoD CD first. Same error, but I decided to try playing anyway. His CD almost never crashes the game, but when I switch to mine, I get crashes. I tried something from a blizzard help site, toggling something on the control panel, but no luck. So now I am going to try using his D2C and LoD discs and see if I get that error message again.

Tried to find info on running it without using my CD but couldn't find anything useful that I trust. (I basically only trust the SPF, really.) If it installs properly with his CDs, I guess I will send my bad discs to Blizzard, if there isn't some kind of time limit on it. Otherwise I will just use his D2 for the initial install and buy a new expansion for myself. That was probably more than you all wanted to know, but I am not going to take the time to edit it down -- one more search for the no CD thing and then I'm off to uninstall/reinstall. Sigh.

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
I, too, have been curious about a no-CD file somewhere; my LoD disk isn't anywhere near trashed, but my computer simply won't read it whenever I try to boot up the game. I have to wait a full five minutes before I get a prompt to retry reading the CD, then it's fine. But those five minutes are wasted time for my day. Then again, the next four hours of playing D2 is ALSO a waste of time, but not the same if you get my drift. BUT, if I'm switching to 1.11 soon, then it's kind of pointless until a new crack comes out.

Still nothing about my car. Good 'cause it means I still have money in my pocket, bad 'cause I want my dang car back. Getting sick of sitting on the same couch every day since I can't go anywhere.

And my D2 wishes from yesterday were *almost* fulfilled. Last night I progressed my Frenzy barb from the Arcane Sanc. to the beginning of A4 in Hell, with hopes of completing the game by the time I had to go to work today... but I failed. He's gotten the WP in the Crystalline Passage, but could go no further; I had laundry and some cooking to do, so I ran out of time. In the whole of Hell, I haven't seen a single Gloam, and that includes having to march through the entire Great Marsh to find the Flayer Jungle. I know he'll defeat Baal tonight, and probably with very little trouble.

This has been by far the easiest build I've ever used, but mostly because of a skill I just started investing in: War Cry. Why oh why haven't I ever used this invaluable skill before?? I'm barely ever injured anymore, which is good since my life isn't all that high, even after BO. I used to like Barbs pretty well, probably 1st or 2nd in my favorite class list. I think that one skill just made me decide they're definetly my favorite of all time. :thumbsup:

But I'm going to be busy at work tonight. No, not doing actual work. I just got the new Harry Potter book, so I'm going to be reading pretty much all night. Hope everyone else has a good one today! Paz!

TrubbaNot

Jun 21, 2005
Midwest US
ElmoCorruptsChildren said:
I, too, have been curious about a no-CD file somewhere; my LoD disk isn't anywhere near trashed, but my computer simply won't read it whenever I try to boot up the game. I have to wait a full five minutes before I get a prompt to retry reading the CD, then it's fine. But those five minutes are wasted time for my day. Then again, the next four hours of playing D2 is ALSO a waste of time, but not the same if you get my drift. BUT, if I'm switching to 1.11 soon, then it's kind of pointless until a new crack comes out.
I can't find any source via this forum. Googled it and got scared :eek: I'm afraid even to click on most of the sites listed! I bought all the CDs -- I want this for a legit reason, but I'm not going to risk getting a virus over it. I'd rather buy a new one. Spied at the evil Mart of Wal, and it's only 3 cents cheaper there than at Best Buy. (No, I didn't buy anything from the Wart.)

Is this a legit question to start a whole new thread about? It's mentioned in the 1.11 sticky (but no definitive answer given there). I'm just afraid of stepping over a line, so I haven't made a thread.

(Storms in the area, so I haven't tried un-/re-installing yet...)

Still nothing about my car. Good 'cause it means I still have money in my pocket, bad 'cause I want my dang car back. Getting sick of sitting on the same couch every day since I can't go anywhere.
Go anywhere? Why, you've been through the entire Great Marsh to find the Flayer Jungle, not to mention all the way to the Crystalline Passage! :lol:

I just got the new Harry Potter book, so I'm going to be reading pretty much all night.
I think you'll love it! I liked it better than Order of the Phoenix. Harry isn't so whiny in this one.

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
TrubbaNot said:
Is this a legit question to start a whole new thread about? It's mentioned in the 1.11 sticky (but no definitive answer given there). I'm just afraid of stepping over a line, so I haven't made a thread.

I doubt it myself, which is why you haven't seen a new thread from me, too.

Are you looking for a new one for 1.11, or are you just wanting to find one so you can play? I might be able to help eventually depending on your answer, but I'll PM you so we won't have admins breathing down our necks. Sorry, AlterEgo and Kremtok and all those who may take offense: we mean you no harm!

martinkingss

Apr 12, 2005
Sweden
been on vacation, was a lovely time. except 1 thing. i scratched my whole a.ss up :/ it looks like some1 has taken a bit of it..met a girl, but she lives on the other side on this land, so i have no idea how its all gonna go..as for d2, i matted my fire soso right now :)