• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

was thinking bout making godly in new ladder, then... ifra

Godz Deathz

Banned
Jul 25, 2005
usa
was thinking bout making godly in new ladder, then...

i just realized, lol, that assuming blizzard gets rid of hacks and bots, that all high end runewords will be impossible to attain, except for the insanely rich

personally, after about 15000 mf runs with my chars :uhhuh:
i have found 1 ohm, 1 vex, 1 gul, and several ists

i have not found any high end unqs such as coa, griff, tyreals, or fathom

based purely on these results, it will be impossible for about 98% of the playing body to obtain anything such as nigma, coh, botd, grief, and other rws that are commonplace nowadays

many builds would disappear (necs, bvc, auradins, windys, tele hammerdins)

and generally high powered diablo as we know it would cease to exist

MickRaider

Banned
Aug 3, 2005
Where are you people getting this rumor that blizzard got rid of all the hacks? They'll never get rid of all the dupes and hacks because their servers aren't perfect.

bladesyz

Jul 8, 2005
Bloodraven's Tomb
Godz Deathz said:
i just realized, lol, that assuming blizzard gets rid of hacks and bots

That's a mighty big assumption.

Godz Deathz said:
personally, after about 15000 mf runs with my chars :uhhuh:
i have found 1 ohm, 1 vex, 1 gul, and several ists

i have not found any high end unqs such as coa, griff, tyreals, or fathom

based purely on these results, it will be impossible for about 98% of the playing body to obtain anything such as nigma, coh, botd, grief, and other rws that are commonplace nowadays

many builds would disappear (necs, bvc, auradins, windys, tele hammerdins)

and generally high powered diablo as we know it would cease to exist

So you got 2 HRs on 15000 mf runs? (I seriously doubt it's really that much, but let's assume it is.) Assuming the average player does 1000 runs over a year of playing, 15 players will net 2-3 HRs over a year. Now how many people play on ladder? 15000? That's 2000-3000 HRs in a year. Now, consider the fact that you can cube runes, not Zod, but runes like jah, vex, and the amount goes up by quite a bit.

DieCast

Jul 9, 2005
Greenwood, IN
www.purevolume.com
i think your a lil panzy for using bots.
it's pathetic.. i see people that dont use mh or bot
and they have so much items they cant even count how many ist's or bers they have.

i have a friend like that too.. and he's so greedy he won't even give me ONE Ist compared to his 200+

HoshNasi

Jun 21, 2005
There is a dupe bug that has worked since 1.09 and I hear is still viable in 1.11. Soooo, I don't think they killed all the bugs/hacks, or can for that fact.

SirDooFuss

Jul 18, 2003
Sunny California
HoshNasi said:
There is a dupe bug that has worked since 1.09 and I hear is still viable in 1.11. Soooo, I don't think they killed all the bugs/hacks, or can for that fact.

As long as people are willing to spend money on d2 items (and that's just SAD), there will be hacks and dupes.

bladesyz

Jul 8, 2005
Bloodraven's Tomb
VaN_haMMerSteIn said:
I would say an average player would do like 15-20 thousand MF runs in a year. Not 1000.

I doubt that. Let's suppose it's 12k runs a year. That means 1000 runs a month. That means 33 runs a day, every day.

I don't know about you, but I do maybe 7 or 8 runs when I feel like running, and certainly not every day. Casual players play even less.

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
Only 1 of each High Rune needs to be found to wreck the economy. People can sell the Rune to websites which have dupers which dupe the Runes and then more dupers get their hands on the Runes and it's basically an exponential explosion!

Twoflower

Banned
May 22, 2004
SirDooFuss said:
Wouldn't it be great if we had to develop godly skill instead of godly items?

What a concept! :uhhuh:

it s a rpg, skill dosnt matter, only the time you put into it. cmon, realy, everyone can click his left and right mouse button

except PVP, but that s off topic here