• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Warnings on the Uber Quest

tremak

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Warnings on the Uber Quest

Warning #1: Make the portals away from your stash. Just today I managed to open my Tristram portal beneath my Furnace portal by making them both from my cube, which was in my stash. Two days down the drain. I hope no one else makes the same mistake.

Warning #2: Act 3 Quest items. Yes, I was planning to do this, and probably still will being the slippery bastard that I am. At any rate, people may as well be warned. I'm sure many of you have thought of this, but Baal's eye and Mephisto's brain look a lot like the pieces of Khalim we're supposed to collect in Act 3. I wouldn't be suprised if half of the Battle.net community has never actually walked Act 3 and done the quests in order, but thats their loss. Anyway, it's quite likely that people will start subbing Khalim's Eye for Baal's eye, and the same with the Brains, in trades. Watch out if you're trading for parts.

markDweasel

Jun 27, 2003
tremak said:
Warning #2: Act 3 Quest items. Yes, I was planning to do this, and probably still will being the slippery bastard that I am. At any rate, people may as well be warned. I'm sure many of you have thought of this, but Baal's eye and Mephisto's brain look a lot like the pieces of Khalim we're supposed to collect in Act 3. I wouldn't be suprised if half of the Battle.net community has never actually walked Act 3 and done the quests in order, but thats their loss. Anyway, it's quite likely that people will start subbing Khalim's Eye for Baal's eye, and the same with the Brains, in trades. Watch out if you're trading for parts.

I don't believe Khalim's pieces are tradable so you should be safe.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mark

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
tremak said:
Warning #1: Make the portals away from your stash. Just today I managed to open my Tristram portal beneath my Furnace portal by making them both from my cube, which was in my stash. Two days down the drain. I hope no one else makes the same mistake.

1# And opening the portals, well, I just make one near Malah, one near the place you start in Act5, one on the little path above your Stash and the Tristram one near the Wp of Larzuk.
Ps: I don't understand how you can make portals over one another, I know when I made a second portal to close to the first I just opened, it spawned on the other side of the map (not entirally, but a lot further away then where I was standing)

2# You can't trade quest items, so no worries there.

tremak

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Town portals and old Tristram portals and hell, even Cow portals were probably thuroughly tested before the game's release.

Blizzard whipped this **** together in like 15 minutes. I doubt they bothered all that much about how the portals open.