• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Versions problem

Kylrose

Aug 6, 2005
Austin,Tx
Versions problem

I used to play D2X for about a year and a half then decided to quit. Well, now I re-install my disc on my comp, load everything up, and when it checks versions, it either gets stuck there completely or it goes into the patch screen, and instantly says can't connect. But being as the game is on 1.11 and my disc installs on .07, I don't know what to do. I CAN'T play on bnet...I can't get past those two screens.

I tried to download the patch from this site, but the link no longer exists...

What do I do???

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Try downloading the 1.10 patch, not the 1.11, if I'm thinking that you're trying to DL the 1.11 directly. You shouldn't have problems after that. Well, at least, I didn't.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
If you have WinXP, in system control panel there might be an entry "Windows firewall" or something like that. Select it and disable allow outgoing traffic via port 4000 (and perhaps 6112 as well). BTW, there are far better firewalls and a lot of them are freeware.