• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Upping WWS

Humphrey

Jul 5, 2005
Nottingham, UK
Upping WWS

I have just got a Pul rune from hellforge, I think I'm going to up my wws, I wanted to know is this a good idea, and what will the level requirement of the upped bow be?

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Noodle Compound
Humphrey said:
I have just got a Pul rune from hellforge, I think I'm going to up my wws, I wanted to know is this a good idea, and what will the level requirement of the upped bow be?

Here are the ATMA stats on mine:

Witchwild String
Diamond Bow
'ShaelShael'
Two-Hand Damage: 86 to 105
Required Dexterity: 132
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 61
Bow Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xb42b7a7e
+163% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +40
Required Level +7
40% Increased Attack Speed
Fires Magic Arrows
2% Chance to cast Level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
1% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (2: 2 used)

I don't have the slightest idea what the "Required Level +7" means. Maybe that's how much it increased when I upped it.

Good luck!

- Noodle

WayWardSoul

Jun 3, 2005
nebraska
Noodle said:
Here are the ATMA stats on mine:

Witchwild String
Diamond Bow
'ShaelShael'
Two-Hand Damage: 86 to 105
Required Dexterity: 132
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 61
Bow Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xb42b7a7e
+163% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +40
Required Level +7
40% Increased Attack Speed
Fires Magic Arrows
2% Chance to cast Level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
1% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (2: 2 used)

I don't have the slightest idea what the "Required Level +7" means. Maybe that's how much it increased when I upped it.

Good luck!

- Noodle

Copied and pasted from the guide to altering items ingame (final)

Rare and Unique upgrades add a hidden affix to the item used the affix is a +level required. The recipe adds +5 for upgrading to exceptional and +7 for upgrading to elite. The affixes added in such manner are additive. So a normal Rare/Unique item upgraded to an elite Rare/Unique item will have the requirements of the elite item type and level requirement of the items affixes + 5 and +7. The total level required will be rlvl + 12 to use that item. It is possible to upgrade an item to an unusable state with these recipes so know what the new requirements will be before upgrading. “Worth upgrading?†threads are common and are sometimes needed since the recipes are expensive and the results can be harmful as well as good.

WARNING etheral armor rares are currently bugged (v1.10) when using the upgrade recipe. the etheral property adds 50% base defence to an armor, how ever when upgrading this added bonus no longer applies for some reason so you end up with a rare that has no bonus to being etheral but still has the consequences.

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
I'd like to add that as of 1.11 the eth armor upgrading bug has been replaced with an eth armor socketing bug. :lol:

NeckRomancer

Jun 23, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
Humphrey said:

Just a note. I waited for a perfect WWS to drop (170%ED) before I did a WWS upgrade. The difference in +dmg isn't really that big but I wanted to get the most out of the upgrade runes. Unless you need the upped WWS right away, I'd suggest you wait for a perfect one. Anyway, a WWS is quite a common drop for NM or Hell Meph runs. You can probably trade for a perfect one or even get it at a giveaway if you're lucky.

About 2 days after I made that decision, a perfect one dropped from Hell Meph. :) Right now it's socketed with a shael and a nef, but I am waiting for two good 40%ED jewels with good suffixes to socket into the upped WWS.

Lucky_Seven

Aug 5, 2003
Portugal
I don't think a perfect WW is a easy find 1/20 chance for a perfect, I guess there isn't a big diference between a Perfect and 16X, lower than that I would wait for a better WW too.

Humphrey

Jul 5, 2005
Nottingham, UK
It's got 169% ED. Is it really worth waiting for the other 1%? Though it would be nice to have a perfect upped one I found myself. The zon's only level 25 atm so I might as well wait, I am slowly working my way through hell with my sorc so I might find a perfect one when I do runs with her.

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
Humphrey said:
It's got 169% ED. Is it really worth waiting for the other 1%? Though it would be nice to have a perfect upped one I found myself. The zon's only level 25 atm so I might as well wait, I am slowly working my way through hell with my sorc so I might find a perfect one when I do runs with her.
Sounds like an idea. Wait until the zon is high enough level to use a WWS first.