• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Untwinked Meteorb Mephing Strats?

sword

Aug 6, 2005
Untwinked Meteorb Mephing Strats?

Hmm, now this probably is a familiar predicament. When I go off doing mephisto runs with my meteorb, I tend to think as to what method I should use to kill him without dying/using too many potions. Now, I am very well aware of the moat trick and up until now I have been using it. The only problem with this is that meph dies very slowly. I know that the usual way a meteorb would approach mephisto would be to bring a merc, tele to him and static, then orb away.

There, however, is a problem with that. My merc is really weak and has horrible equipment. He would die within a second of even attempting to tank him. I remember that I once used my other mercenary on a seperate account (with great gear!) to tank meph. He had somewhat of a chance to die anyway (leeching problem). Now, without a merc and no SS (thus blocking, although alright with my rare kite shield would be horrible) I can only see the moat trick to kill him. That means very slow runs (as stated earlier).

I bet that my runs would move a LOT quicker with a few hell baal runs (she is a lv 75 right now and fire mastery definitely needs much more time to increase). Those are slow and would still require her to be around 85 to do at least alright runs (this would take a long time, and with the horrible state of baal games having success, it is even worse). I guess this is mostly my hesitation to static field meph because he would most easily 1hko if he hit.

What would YOU do in this situation?

Magicbox

Aug 5, 2005
Denmark
I have a meteorb sorc as well, untwinked. She is currently lvl. 73 and I'm having no problem killing hell Mephisto using the moat trick. Her fireball and meteor are maxed, but fire mastery still need a lot. I don't think it takes long time to kill Mephisto. Try to get a couple of +skills items, which will really boost your damage.

You could also do n/m Mephisto. He drops some decent items, which should be enough to kill hell Mephisto fast when equipped.

tctuner

Jul 6, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
at lvl 70 i am doing nm meph using the moat trick. but i find crappy items. i have about 150 mf. is there a clvl reqd to find decent items from nm meph and hell meph? meteor and orb maxed, cold mastery at 4, fireball and fire mastery at 11 and doing roughly 4k metoer. she kills ok.

sword

Aug 6, 2005
Magicbox said:
I have a meteorb sorc as well, untwinked. She is currently lvl. 73 and I'm having no problem killing hell Mephisto using the moat trick. Her fireball and meteor are maxed, but fire mastery still need a lot. I don't think it takes long time to kill Mephisto. Try to get a couple of +skills items, which will really boost your damage.

You could also do n/m Mephisto. He drops some decent items, which should be enough to kill hell Mephisto fast when equipped.
You are absolutely correct that it doesn't take a long time to kill him. The thing is, moating without staticing makes it all the much slower than a one tree build. Maybe it is just because I am used to the quick killing of a one tree build, but I've been told that meteorb can be almost as fast as a one tree. I bet this would have something to do with my low fire mastery though. For now, I am considering leveling up to get my fire mastery much higher. I just prefer killing a bit faster to get items quicker :thumbsup: .