• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Ultimate keyrunner?

SAMTRON

Nov 15, 2004
Stockholm
Ultimate keyrunner?

Well, ive come far enough in the new ladder with my mf-sorc to consider making another char. Now im thinking about making a keyrunner but im not actually sure what build will be able to run all 3 spots fast, efficiently and without ideal eq. Any ideas?

Lyrs

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Your best bet at getting a good keyrunner is a Lightning sorc for teleport since Countess is not light immune she'll have an easier time.

Any sorceress can do Summuner, but it's better with a Light since you'll have cold and fire immunes aroun dhim sometimes.

It's dangerous to do Nithalak without good equipment. Nithalak can be hard to kill because of his CE. You'll want 75% fire resistance and some DR. A lightning sorc will also ignore the immunities of his guardian minons which are normally cold immune.

Conclusion, pack up mana pots and make yourself a lightning sorc.

SAMTRON

Nov 15, 2004
Stockholm
Many thanks for that, more replies are welcome! :D
Btw for a lightsorc should i just go with the normal build ie. L, CL, etc.
Should i go vit or max block? ES?

FreezerBurn

Banned
Dec 16, 2004
Texas
Elite X said:
Hammers Pallys are the best for key runs, I find.

he's playing ladder, so i doubt he has an enigma. a light sorc is the best bet for less than ideal gear.

your bigger problem is going to be killing the ubers once you get the keys. i can't imagine anyone beating them without godly equipment

kmk-soldier

Jan 22, 2005
Belgium - Public Chat Etf
I let my barb do the running, can tank the dmg and kill rather easy with some life leech etc
use eni too(teleport skill), if you havent got eni I would suggest the light sorc like Lyrs said

Gotcha

Dec 24, 2003
SAMTRON said:
Thanks for all the replies guys, my next character will b a light sorc :thumbsup:

HMMM, I have played most and the fastest IMO is a light sorcy, with an infinity CB sorcy/es build maybe being the best since for nat you can spam from a little ways away your cb, tele in and kill in several seconds.

Nilaripper

Aug 5, 2005
Vienna,Austria
Lyrs said:
It's dangerous to do Nithalak without good equipment. Nithalak can be hard to kill because of his CE. You'll want 75% fire resistance and some DR. A lightning sorc will also ignore the immunities of his guardian minons which are normally cold immune.

Conclusion, pack up mana pots and make yourself a lightning sorc.

You are right. Nihlatakh is dangerous, any HC player knows. I tell u that
a natures peace ring is a MUST if u are runnin nila for keys, he cant use
his CE but if ur merc kills some minions u are voulnerable. So i highly
recommend to equip the merc with a low dam insight weapon.
Whenever there were vipers in his area i left and made new game.
These monsters are insanely dangerous for a lightsorc.
Dont forget to use maxblock and 16pts in TK and 1 pts ES.

FreezerBurn

Banned
Dec 16, 2004
Texas
Nilaripper said:
Dont forget to use maxblock and 16pts in TK and 1 pts ES.

i'd agree with that in hardcore, but in softcore survivability can suffer a little. being the new ladder, he's probably not going to get a lot of plus skills from his items, so he's going to need those 17 points to be able to kill.

also, i'd recommend a holy freeze merc. it'll help keep the minions from swarming you so you can kill from a distance.

angus

Mar 1, 2004
I use a Cl/Fo sorc she is quite handy for all 3 but Nith is dangerous though the Cl generally hoses everything down before I get to see him.

I find it gets expensive resurrecting merc tho lol.

BBQ

Aug 2, 2005
Vancouver BC
Lightning Trapper also works

Surprised no one has suggested an Assasin trapper,

Gear is easy to get (can buy +3 trap claws from Anya) & can equip 2, the new armor runeword for Assasins is +2 to skills +45IAS and CHEAP . Has a lightning attack with a longer (safer) casting distance, and has CE - so can eliminate bodies. Can get Dragon flight on a claw or buy a cheap teleport amy.

With poor mans gear and a maxxed Fireblast (~4000 fire dmg), near maxxed lightning tree (6000K), great crowd control (Mind Blast, Cloak of Shadows and a good minion + Freeze act 2 defensive Merc). With a Crushing blow setup and Blade fury (shadow skills setup) on the weapon switch you get fair Physical damage, good Fire, extreme Lightning - and can solo all parts of game.

Lousy on Uber Bosses though.