• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Two Bugs that I've encounted

Orphan

May 23, 2004
Two Bugs that I've encounted

Not sure if they're pre 1.11 or not.

My first character on the new season was a barb. I used to run through a lot of acts, just getting wp's. I noticed, that for a certain time stamina potions did absolutely nothing to me. It didn't refill my bar or give me unlimited stamina for a short time. This was around lvl 30 or something. I didn't really think much of it, and never used stamina potions again. Now that he's lvl 64 however, I grabbed a stamina potion from the ground and used it, and it seems to work fine.

I know this wasn't just a bug with the single game I was in, since the problem stayed with my ~lvl 30 barb for several games. I haven't really done much testing of this, but I do plan on starting over a new barb again, and I'll probably try it out.

The second bug I encounted is with enchant. My enchantress has a staff, with a bow on switch. I know that casting while wielding a bow gives me a variable fire damage (or, at least a lower than usual fire damage). However, my brief way around that was to cast enchant while on the staff, and then switch to the bow.

I've noticed, though, that while having the bow equipped then, I an unable to cast enchant anymore. The casting animation happens, but no fire swirls up around me, no mana is used, and from what I can tell, the spell isn't cast at all. I don't know whether it resets the duration of the current enchant on me or not though. I tried it with several bows, all experience the same problem.

Edit: I just tried the same thing with several weapons in place of the bow, and all have the same problem. Something to do with switching weapons after casting enchant..?

Nimbostratus

Jul 30, 2005
New Jersey, USA
I've never had that first problem you're talking about, though I did have something similar. Just about any barbarian I've ever had has encountered a problem where his stamina is NEVER full; He was always lacking about 20% of his maximum stamina (even after being healed by and NPC). And yes, it stays that way throughout all games.

For the second question, it may be that the staff gives a + to enchant. I remember reading before that a lower level enchant cannot overwrite a higher level one.

Orphan

May 23, 2004
Well, the staff in question is the salamander (unique battle staff). So no +enchant skills individually, but +2 to fire skills. I'll try a seperate staff sometime (or seperate weapon as a whole).

I just finished playing around with it abit more, the duration of the enchant isn't reset by the "faulty cast" caused by switching to a different weapon. When I cast enchant with my staff, it'll end 12 minutes later, no matter how many times I switch to my bow and cast it.

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
Orphan said:
Well, the staff in question is the salamander (unique battle staff). So no +enchant skills individually, but +2 to fire skills. I'll try a seperate staff sometime (or seperate weapon as a whole).

I just finished playing around with it abit more, the duration of the enchant isn't reset by the "faulty cast" caused by switching to a different weapon. When I cast enchant with my staff, it'll end 12 minutes later, no matter how many times I switch to my bow and cast it.
Again, this happens because a lower Slvl aura cannot overwrite the higher one.

Orphan

May 23, 2004
So enchant is classed as an aura? What about Battle Orders? That seems to be able to be overwritten by a lower Slvl?

I knew that auras couldn't be overwritten by higher lvl auras, but I just never thought of enchant as an aura. I guess I always classed it as a curse (though beneficiary), in that you cast it on someone, and it stays there for the duration...

How about fade? If an assassin casts fade with 2 claws that have +3 shadow skills, and then casts it again without those claws, will the same rule apply?