• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Tuesdaily

sirpoopsalot

May 24, 2005
dranking tequila
Tuesdaily

A little premature for the daily (3 hours left in Monday here), but it's midnight where I grew up, so that's close enough.

RL: I had a weird day today - I'm not even looking for work at the moment, and I had two job offers (yes, OFFERS). Unfortunately, I'm under contract until the end of the year, and neither was for a position as a ski-bum, so I had to turn them down. Still, it's good to know people love me :p.

D2: Did a few more Hell Meph runs in with Fred (who's temporarily out of retirement). Got a Homonculus (my first ever), so a pretty good day. I've collected 4M out of my 10M goal before I go back to questing, so I've still got a lot of runs left.

Have a good day everyone, and who knows... maybe I'll get two dating offers tomorrow from attractive ladies ;).

WhiskeyJack

Jun 26, 2003
seattle, WA
well, it's been ages since I've posted, but since I actually have some play to post, Ithought I would-

legion the spear wielding fanazealot (or poker, as someone called him) has made it into hell actIV...that's right, he took down hell meph. honestly, the stygian dolls were more of a pain in the butt give the low def (1500 or so). I found a guillame's face recently with my sorc, and added that to the gore riders and a crafted blood glove with 8% CB, so I'm running 58% I think, which is darn useful.

apart from that, best news in rl is that I qualified for health insurance through work finally...helloooo allergy shots...I've decided to just take some time and work (doing retail stock work, which can e more interesting than you might think) and relax instead of stressing myself trying to decide right away if I want to go back to school or go back into engineering again...and suprisingly, I'm a lot happier these days. however, if anyone is in the seattle area, and knows of some entry level chem eng, or environmental work, i'd be happy to learn about it. also interested in landscape design/architecture, and incorporating environmental concepts/design into them (just had to throw that out there...I've found that getting information might lead to a better choice later on).

other than that, as the song says 'summer time, and the living is easy...'

cheers all, and I hope everyone is having a great tuesday!

wj

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
RL just up :lol: not got much planed today. Got a new mp3 player and still waitng for appeals from my exams.

Last night played mp with people from here got to act 5. So i guess onto baal and stuff today. Blizz sorc is doing really well. Thanks to every one that gave me a few items and an extra thanks to the host who let me have most drops. :clap:

Aman

Nacaa

Jun 21, 2003
RRM/RWM
Hmm, my computer crashed yesterday so I now got no diablo files whatsoever. All that work to get to lvl96 for nothing... :confused: Dammit. And no more items and such so yea, im kinda pissed now hehe. I guess I won't be around too much now since I won't touch Diablo again and Poker takes so much time nowadays. But it have been nice playing with you guys and talking. Cya around, I will step by now and then.

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
Had to go to the dentist today to check up on how my braces is going. That didn't work very well for me because I got the time wrong and got there an hour early, no wonder I suddenly was in such a hurry :teeth:

So I decided to visit my aunt Ethel and her husband Kjell to get some movies they've borrowed from me and for a short chat. Unfortunately they had to go but they were kind enough to give me a ride to the dentist in "odontologen" as the place is called, a part of sahlgrenska university hospital in Gothenburg. Still having some time left I visited my mom's new working place in the same building but in a different department (she has been a dental nurse for years but is now working in the reception). Then I had my visit that took about five minutes, swithced some rubber bands and a spring before I went home. So I've been out on a four hour journey for a visit at the dentist that only lasted for five minutes but at least I had a good time :lol:

I'm going to play more with my new ww barb today. Going steady but slow ;)

Nacaa said:
All that work to get to lvl96 for nothing... Dammit
Well it wasn't for nothing unless you had fun doing it. Sorry to hear what's happened anyway :(

Have a nice Tuesday everyone!!!

Rizzo

Jun 21, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Visit site
Nacaa said:
Hmm, my computer crashed yesterday so I now got no diablo files whatsoever. All that work to get to lvl96 for nothing... :confused: Dammit. And no more items and such so yea, im kinda pissed now hehe. I guess I won't be around too much now since I won't touch Diablo again and Poker takes so much time nowadays. But it have been nice playing with you guys and talking. Cya around, I will step by now and then.

Awww :(
Sorry to hear that mate. Hate it when that happens...
Here, have a cookie *hands Nacaa a cookie*

But why not look at the brigth side? Now, you can actually benefit from joining my tourney :D

Rizzo

Jun 21, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Visit site
My day:

Up at around 10, then do the laundry, dishwash and a bit of shopping. At 1.30 pm I went to the gym and around 3.10 I was finish. Got back home and after a quick lunch I went to work.
Thinking I was smart I brought my D2 cd with me to work. Only here for 5 hours, I though "heck, why not meph some for the tourney prizes". Call servicedesk and got administrator rights, pulled out the CD and then it hit me... I only brought the LOD CD ... Doh !!! :rolleyes:
So now I'm stuck here, doing nothing but talking to st00pid customers for around 32 US dollars pr hour, instead of playing D2 for 32 dollars per hour :lol:

... damn!

Nacaa

Jun 21, 2003
RRM/RWM
asdfgah said:
Well it wasn't for nothing unless you had fun doing it. Sorry to hear what's happened anyway :(

Have a nice Tuesday everyone!!!

Yea :D The funniest part was all the MP with people like Zhao_Yao, Frosty, Nepeta, DX, youself (or was that just some questing :) ), Shermo, Fodder, and the list goes on. :)

Necromortis

Aug 14, 2005
California
Hmmm...my accomplishments aren't all that much compared to your guys's, but whatever.

My v1.10 Thorns Paladin (a build I'm playing for the challenge and fun aspects of the game, not to take it all the way through Hell with no trouble [though beating Baal in Hell is my goal]) absolutely destroyed Andariel at Lvl 20 in Normal. Rejoice, I move on to Act II.

Of course, that's not much, but wait till I hit Hell *smiles*

~Necro

Humphrey

Jul 5, 2005
Nottingham, UK
I'm staying at my mum's house and at relatives' until monday, so I'm stuck on dial-up till then. It's horrible, but not quite as bad as I feared. No MP for me though :-(

My meteorb sorc has just got to level 71, so can now wear Tal's set, glowey! It doesn't stop my merc dying all the time though. I think he wants a %life steal weapon. I've got one I can give him at level 75, but until then he's stuck either without it and doing 150-250 damage or with life steal and doing 20-60 damage. It does make a change having my merc die more than me in Hell.

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Old Business: car's not yet fixed. ...or still won't break in front of the mechanics.

New Business: without my car, life is still boring... except for about an hour today where I'm not playing D2, at work, or watching Adult Swim/poker/Jackass. I had been getting rides to work for the past two weeks, but my ride is on vacation and away for a few days. It has forced me to learn how to drive a standard transmission within about twenty minutes of practice all by myself, then a half-hour drive through traffic lights, slopey hills in all the wrong directions, and highway driving through a few miles of construction and hellish on/off ramps. ...When my left foot wasn't operating the clutch, it was glued to the floor 'cause I was so damn nervous!! I never stalled, though the car does rock something fierce when "easing" into 1st gear.

In the world of D2, I took a break from my Windy druid, but I had only just picked him back up after a six month extended break. Got him from A1 Hell to A4; switched out to caster gear, got a HF merc, cursed at my CPU for ghosts/wraiths, and generally have had a pretty easy going time. I died after about 30 seconds of A4, though, so I decided to give him a break.

To pick up the slack, I started my first Trapassin, aptly named TrapperMcTrappy. In two or three days' time, I've gotten her to lvl45, just rescued Cain in A1 NM. So far, I've maxed WoI, in the process of maxing Death Sentry, and ever since A2 normal I've been spamming Blade Fury on every monster type. I have to find a 1.10 guide to a Trapassin to see how I want to finish her skills out (probably synergies-based, huh?), and it's been kind of slow going. But, I still have yet to Mat an Assy or Pat a Necro, so I think it's about time I got 'er done.

And filling in all the gaps between work, sleep, eat, and D2... reading!! I've been reading books all the time again, almost as voraciously as when I was an English major. Finished the 6th Harry Potter super fast (may have already reported that... sorry, if so), but it's not like that's as tough as War and Peace. Started a new one that's made me relive my Catholic childhood and the doctrine that was jammed into my head and makes me guilty for every little pleasure life has to offer. :lol: It's about the until-now unwritten childhood of Jesus, told by his best friend Biff, and his progression from confused child into the Messiah (if you believe that kind of thing). It's hilarious, but it's still pretty heavy material when you're reading about sin and death and saving the world. Anyone who's heavy into religion and satire and wants to be a little offended, check out the book "Lamb" by Christopher Moore. Otherwise, I'd recommend the Harry Potter book if you don't want to read about Jesus saying "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth; blessed are the ****wads, for they shall receive a fruit basket."

TrubbaNot

Jun 21, 2005
Midwest US
ElmoCorruptsChildren said:
...When my left foot wasn't operating the clutch, it was glued to the floor 'cause I was so damn nervous!! I never stalled, though the car does rock something fierce when "easing" into 1st gear.
And filling in all the gaps between work, sleep, eat, and D2... reading!! I've been reading books all the time again, almost as voraciously as when I was an English major. ...check out the book "Lamb" by Christopher Moore.

Time again for me to reply to ECC here in the daily.

Right when it's time to return the car, you will have gotten the hang of it.

English major, eh? You must go to the library without delay and check out Freddy & Fredericka by Mark Helprin. (I was going to say go to your local bookstore but then I realized that hardcover books won't be in the budget any time soon.)

To everyone:

My Diablo life today consisted of converting my Jack-of-all-trades Druid, Radagast, to 1.10 and promptly crashing the game the moment he peeped beyond the gates of Harrogath. (I had my 9-year-old friend here, and he likes to play that character.) Oh well. Instead, we diagrammed a strategy for killing the new trio with a whole army of players :lol: (Don't ask ... it'll never work ... for one thing, you need at least 20 people. It was fun for him, which was the important part. I was impressed by his thinking about the need to protect the more delicate builds, and his symbols for each one on the diagram.)

I am searching for Victorian gingerbread brackets to complete the summer-long porch restoration project. I suspect these were hand-made, and that we will never find duplicates, so we will probably have to agree on a different style that still fits the period.

Hope to get lots of Diablo in tonight/tomorrow, make progress on both tourneys, and figure out what's going wrong with my screenshot process. I might get to play on Friday, since the store schedule has involved lots of trading hours around.

As for the moment, I'm off to poach some tilapia in vermouth and herbs with celery, to serve over rice with a salad. I'll probably be on later.

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
TrubbaNot said:
English major, eh? You must go to the library without delay and check out Freddy & Fredericka by Mark Helprin. (I was going to say go to your local bookstore but then I realized that hardcover books won't be in the budget any time soon.)

Hmm, just checked out the description at amazon.com and it seems like a decent enough read.... plus, I don't have any other books lined up behind the one I'm reading now, so I think I'll have to stop by the library and check it out. Already reserved the book online! :clap:

TrubbaNot

Jun 21, 2005
Midwest US
ElmoCorruptsChildren said:
Hmm, just checked out the description at amazon.com and it seems like a decent enough read.... plus, I don't have any other books lined up behind the one I'm reading now, so I think I'll have to stop by the library and check it out. Already reserved the book online! :clap:
:D When you get to the scene at the bank, you will die laughing. I still laugh, thinking about it. Definitely PM me when you're done!