• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Tuesdaily Carnage

nepeta

Member
Sep 19, 2004
3,831
47
258
The Netherlands
Tuesdaily Carnage

Tuesday! Still a month of holiday to go, life is sweet :)

Joined a group of EU Ladder ppl, wanted to see the über 3. They weren't only just yet, so I started a char on my own. And no, not the first, but the SECOND bugger I met, came with maphack, and was even surprised I scowled at it... Oh well, the group I joined was from dii.net, supposedly legit although I don't know them yet, they don't know me either (poor them :p), but I hope they're clean.

RL-wise: Got a job where I can list the hours I worked myself, no-one to check on it ^^ Well, they're lucky I'm legit in RL too... :/
 

SeDnA

Member
Dec 16, 2004
1,331
0
165
Singapore
Today is national day for Singapore. So tomorrow is also a public holiday. Got my mavina frost maiden to countess today. Tomorrow I'd focus on studies though, since theres a test on thursday. As I speak wednesday is getting closer. 1 Hour 40 Min to Wednesday.
 

Shagsbeard

Member
Jul 12, 2004
3,034
0
466
57
Central California Coast
Played a bit of DII for the first time in months. It's funny how much of this game is stored in muscle memory. I can do things without even knowing what it is that I'm doing. Just let my body take over.

I'm giving 1.11 a shot, though I can't really see much of a difference. It'll be nice not dieing to FE mobs. Most of my HC deaths are dirrectly attributable to the FE bug.

I don't have much use for the runeword mod, though I'll consider it. My playstyle isn't netting me many of the high level runes anyway.
 
Nov 13, 2003
1,207
0
255
45
Jerusalem, Israel
Visit site
Took the Zealot I started after getting 1.11 further, and he's now doing fine in act ! nightmare. One death so far, in the Chaos Sanctuary to iron maiden, in spite of most of the time managing to switch at the crucial moment to the Langer Briser on switch, once it did go wrong. The rest was a walk in the park so far, but using the runeword mode might have been influential as well, he's using a Spirit crown shield, which is quite overpowered (+2 to skills, 70 resist cold/poison/lightning, 35 resist fire, 55% faster hit recovery, but still a few modifiers which are not interesting at all for him such as faster cast rate and massive plus to mana). In nightmare I hauled his gear over a bit, the mentioned shield remained, but he got guardian angel as well, as well as Hand Of Blessed Light instead of Honour superior knout, to name but a few, he had been using four Angelic parts (armour, amulet and two rings), and now, apart from the aforementioned armour change he's using Raven Frost, Dwarf Star, and a chromatic amulet of revivication to get close to the maximum resists. Since he's using Venom Grip as well since starting nightmare (before he was using Death's gloves and belt for poison length reduction and cannot be frozen), he gets 95% resist to poison, 90 to lightning and the other two are just 89, since I couldn't bother to put more chamrs in with the absorbs from rings. Most of the crushing blow is coming from Guillaume's Face, an item I'd never found until some weeks ago, and now have already three of. His gear is completed by the String Of Ears, for some damage reduction. The merc (defiance) is still using the same weapon as in normal, an ethereal honour halberd, but has upgraded to Duriel's Shell and Guillaume's Face as well. Chance to hit is about 95%, chance to be hit about 5% with 75% chance to block. Overpowered?
 

GodofWar

Member
Apr 27, 2005
166
0
86
33
Buffalo NY
Sir Lister of Smeg said:
Took the Zealot I started after getting 1.11 further, and he's now doing fine in act ! nightmare. One death so far, in the Chaos Sanctuary to iron maiden, in spite of most of the time managing to switch at the crucial moment to the Langer Briser on switch, once it did go wrong. The rest was a walk in the park so far, but using the runeword mode might have been influential as well, he's using a Spirit crown shield, which is quite overpowered (+2 to skills, 70 resist cold/poison/lightning, 35 resist fire, 55% faster hit recovery, but still a few modifiers which are not interesting at all for him such as faster cast rate and massive plus to mana). In nightmare I hauled his gear over a bit, the mentioned shield remained, but he got guardian angel as well, as well as Hand Of Blessed Light instead of Honour superior knout, to name but a few, he had been using four Angelic parts (armour, amulet and two rings), and now, apart from the aforementioned armour change he's using Raven Frost, Dwarf Star, and a chromatic amulet of revivication to get close to the maximum resists. Since he's using Venom Grip as well since starting nightmare (before he was using Death's gloves and belt for poison length reduction and cannot be frozen), he gets 95% resist to poison, 90 to lightning and the other two are just 89, since I couldn't bother to put more chamrs in with the absorbs from rings. Most of the crushing blow is coming from Guillaume's Face, an item I'd never found until some weeks ago, and now have already three of. His gear is completed by the String Of Ears, for some damage reduction. The merc (defiance) is still using the same weapon as in normal, an ethereal honour halberd, but has upgraded to Duriel's Shell and Guillaume's Face as well. Chance to hit is about 95%, chance to be hit about 5% with 75% chance to block. Overpowered?

You can bet that hes overpowered. A decently twinked Zealot is IMHO, the absolute best melee character in the game. The massive AR/Damage he gets while still retaining a shield (and 75block/MaxRes) is awesome. But then again its my favorite build, so I could just be biased........
 

ricrestoni

Member
Jul 29, 2003
1,648
0
255
45
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hey all!

Really slow here. I've been mfing here and there. I recently found out what Blizzsorcs are about. Godalmighty, those are powerful!

I am also killing NM cows here and there to see if I get those cow king set pieces.

Tonight I will probably get my ranged enchantress on with her party of RL friends. She is level 21 and just shopped a 2o +3 Enchant +2 FB staff.

That's it, see you, and may your drops be better than keys! :teeth:
 
Jun 3, 2004
457
0
143
Bangor, Maine
No car news today... which is fine, 'cause that means I can have a positive post!!

Now, let me just say... FRENZYFRENZYFRENZYFRENZYFRENZYFRENZY!!!!!!!!

This guy's been fun. I've never progressed with a character this quickly and easily in three or four years of playing. In the past 24 hours I leveled him from 56 - 75, progressed from Kurast Bazaar NM to Arcane Sanctuary H. He's keepin' on with his dual lightsabres, but his kill-per-minute ratio had dropped considerably lately. Most unleechables have been handled well, except for the ghost-type enemies; horrible boss packs in Arcane, thank my Barbarian gods for Atma's Scarab.

Only aspects I fear are semi-lack of AR (about 78%...), a lack of resists, and FEs (finally felt the pain of the FE bug for the first time ever, convinced me I need 1.11 soon). I upped a Duriel's Shell and have a couple high-20 single resist charms, but I'd like to have more. My worst is Lit, at -12/-5 after BO; it's half the reason I still have at least one Lightsabre equipped for the 25% absorb. Also want to find a mad ring to replace my RavenFrost, preferrably w/ resists and an incredible AR boost, but I keep RF for its +235AR.

This may be an impossible feat, but I'd love to have this character complete Hell tonight. If I could pull it off, I'd have done it in about 96 hours RL time. Crazy for me. I mean, sometimes I play a LOT, but this was just dang fast. :clap:
 

parawizard

Member
Jul 10, 2004
589
0
120
GodofWar said:
You can bet that hes overpowered. A decently twinked Zealot is IMHO, the absolute best melee character in the game. The massive AR/Damage he gets while still retaining a shield (and 75block/MaxRes) is awesome. But then again its my favorite build, so I could just be biased........

Hehe its my favorite build right now also! Im gonna post a thread up soon with all his details once I have finished pimping him out! its getting close I might work hard do some HF rush and lots of LK/Flayer runs and try to make a exile for him :D Then he'll be uber pimp! Also Im gonna uprade his GA I think. He doesnt have any DR but 95 90 95 95 resists :) Seems to do fine on p8 wsk! Except for those nasty hell witchs!
 

Underdawg

Member
Jul 4, 2005
190
0
41
32
W
Oh Lawdy!

I got on the newly resetted ladders and guess what? First game I joined already had one person who kept telling everyone a n00b and telling them to suck his [expletive] for the whole game which was about an hour. I just quit the game after 30 minutes. I should've just pressed the almight squelch button which I had forgotten about ever since I converted to Single Player.

On a side note, is there anyone here that plays basketball and/or on a competitive team (High School/College/Pro)?