• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

trouble deciding build

phool

Apr 27, 2005
uk
trouble deciding build

An amazon was always in my top 5 chars to make 1st after the ladder reset, but got delayed while I first did a kicksin and, based on the items I happened to find, an ikbarb... Anyway my plans to make one were accelerated by finding a near-perfect buriza. The first build that comes to mind is an FA/LFzon, but I did one only a month or so before the reset. Also the javelin would need me to put points in pierce, while these would be wasted concerning the buriza... Does a buriza work well with immolation arrow? I've never used this attack heavily before and am wondering on the impact of only maxing one of the synergies, and which one it should be. Alternatively, I could get rid of the buriza and make harmony... Anyway, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance ;)

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
Me, as I am only PvM, if I found a buriza I would make a physical damage bow skill/lf hybrid. Multi if I didn't have a convenient source of KB, definitely strafe if I had KB and a source of monster flee like howl skull or such (Deliruim would be ideal, but alas I don't have near the runes). Go with tons of dex and 15 or 40 IAS (check the stickie for the break speeds - you wont hit an 9/2 strafe even, but again, the burrito just hits so hard).

Yes, FA is nice for the freeze, but so many monsters seem to be immune. Still, the idea of synergizing FA and adding a bunch of cold damage elsewhere (mainly to increase the length of freeze) like Ravens, maybe even M'av's gloves. Hmm, maybe after the multi/lf build...

Good luck,
DudSpud

phool

Apr 27, 2005
uk
thanks for the suggestion - I'll take your advice and make a strafezon, I've made a FA/strafezon before, but never a LF/strafezon. I've got an ist and an io, so it shouldn't be a problem making delirium, though I may save them and use a blackhorns. What rune should I put in buriza, considering ist is as high as I go.

btw, I found a second buriza 5 minutes later (2 in a row off nm bal!). PM me if you'd like it (I won't give it to anyone whose joined within a month of 1.11 or more recently). I'm Europe SCL. I'll also post this in the free items thread.

edit: or whisper me at my account phool1

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Nov 2, 2003
Chicago
phool said:
btw, I found a second buriza 5 minutes later (2 in a row off nm bal!). PM me if you'd like it (I won't give it to anyone whose joined within a month of 1.11 or more recently). I'm Europe SCL. I'll also post this in the free items thread.

edit: or whisper me at my account phool1

Post this in our giveaway thread.

EDIT: Oh, you did. Nevermind...

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
phool said:
Thanks for the offer, phool, but I am SP/USEast.

As for socketing the Buriza, I guess it all depends...

With 15 more IAS, you hit the next BP (14/4b), but it isn't a big improvement. The next best BP (IMHO) is at 40 total IAS, 12/3.5. This you could easily get with Shaeling the Buriza and using 20 IAS gloves like Laying of Hands. Another good option might be Nef, to get KB, or given the high damage of Buriza, even a 15-25% ED jewel could work too.

Good luck,
DudSpud