• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Trading Torch4Torch Made EZ (email,screenshot required) if

Jul 27, 2005
Trading Torch4Torch Made EZ (email,screenshot required)

sorry for double posting but i feel strongly about this..

heres how we will trade the torch for torch..

create a2player game passworded.

create a screenshot of the partyscreen while highlighting the torch.

press P for the party screen and hi light the torch in the inventory. then send it to email to see that it is the current screenshot because of the party screen and the chars name must be yours to prove that it is a current screenshot.

example the chars name in the party screen is thesmitersfury. and in your inventory hi-lighted the torch. then send it to thesmitersfury's email address.

i will do the same to you.

i will put the party screen and you will see your chars name and you will see the stats of my hellfire. send it to my email address. as a proof that it is current screen shot Not photoshopped.

you may even chat to prove that it is an authentic screen shot.

once proven its current then both will drop gcs and then we just pick up each others torch.. no harm done. no scam. both parties are happy. gg

and i feel so strongly about it that it should be a sticky.

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
You think it seems foolproof but it isn't. A good person with photoshop can change the image so that it is unnoticable. Also, supposing they didn't photoshop their pic of the LC that still doesn't stop them from people using all their sneaky ways of getting their LC and yours before you can.

Jul 27, 2005
in 5 seconds? can they do that photoshop trick?

that is why i windowed my d2 screen so that i can see what are they doing while im screenshotting while checking email

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
Easily. Lets say you're in act1 and at the blood moor we all know it has the fort walls where you can drop n trade. Well all the person has to do is use a tele ammy, be outside of town, when you leave your LC, they pick theirs up, tele to yours and pick it up.

On the photoshop deal, they can have their inventory with the lc highlited and edited as a template for trading in this way. Edit in the party screen real quick, done.

Jul 27, 2005
what i ment is that they will both be in town in act 2 one goes at the stairs near entrance of the sewers and one goes above...
and the thing is you can only hold 1 lc at the time so they cannot pick up both.. lc

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
Right, sorry forgot about that. There are still ways to do it, I.e. a thirdy party member. The member goes into harem lvl 1, waits for their friend's signal and run out and steal your LC, and the friend picks up his LC.

5Ws

Banned
Dec 2, 2004
FL
Is it really that complicated? Why not just trade on forum and never worry about the danger of drop trade?
Hell, I haven't used the trade window in months.

Jul 27, 2005
ActVTristPwnt said:
Right, sorry forgot about that. There are still ways to do it, I.e. a thirdy party member. The member goes into harem lvl 1, waits for their friend's signal and run out and steal your LC, and the friend picks up his LC.

2 player game only 2 maximum players

the game cannot exede 2

5Ws said:
Is it really that complicated? Why not just trade on forum and never worry about the danger of drop trade?
Hell, I haven't used the trade window in months.

its called believing with Proof not trusting the guy that will drop a certain lc and drops a different type

Oscuro

Oct 6, 2003
Visit site
IstinkTherefourIAM said:
its called believing with Proof not trusting the guy that will drop a certain lc and drops a different type
Have you heard of a moderated trade? It's much easier than your idea, but requires a mutually trusted party.

bowndancer

Jan 29, 2004
Would this work? Have each person go out into act one, melee something till the firestorm proc goes off, thus proving he has the charm(with no weapon or shield on because I think phoenix runeword has same proc). Then you should be able to legitly trade charms. Just have to trust they said the charm has the stats they said.

Jul 27, 2005
the thing is i dont know you well enough to trade...

and i am offering pstat assassin hfire ISO pala hfire.

considering its pstat p res (i become overprotective) ... i dont want a person saying its a pala hfire and they drop a druid with 10/10 stat...

go ahead and mock all you want ...

but my flist got jacked ... believing and trusting the other person to drop a certain hellfire. and instead of pala hellfire he got a druid hfire for his barb lc

bowndancer said:
Would this work? Have each person go out into act one, melee something till the firestorm proc goes off, thus proving he has the charm(with no weapon or shield on because I think phoenix runeword has same proc). Then you should be able to legitly trade charms. Just have to trust they said the charm has the stats they said.
since people are able to lie about stat.

Oscuro said:
Have you heard of a moderated trade? It's much easier than your idea, but requires a mutually trusted party.

give me a proof a screenshot then you will gain my trust. no mods required.
Trust is easily broken and screenshot sending trade is much safer than mod and believing a lie from a stranger.

Intolerance

Jul 4, 2003
Tampa, FL
www.trueachievements.com
Seriously though- why do you need to trade the charm? You can play through the entire game with vendor quality gear if you know how to play. This charm just makes godly characters more godly. Do you really need to do 20k damage instead of 18k damage to a monster with 2k life?

Jul 27, 2005
Intolerance said:
Seriously though- why do you need to trade the charm? You can play through the entire game with vendor quality gear if you know how to play. This charm just makes godly characters more godly. Do you really need to do 20k damage instead of 18k damage to a monster with 2k life?

who says i do 20k damage? lol

i do 3k smite+ phantom grief damage 4k foh with non pala lc

if i get a pala lc would it be better for having 3.3k and 4.5k foh?

and who says i have 2k life?

i have 4k life tyverymuch

i have yet to see a smiter pala with vendor quality studded leather of life crown of life kiteshield of deflection scepter of quality boots in pk games and kill a coa enigma hoz grief using smiter

Succexy

Jul 6, 2005
Canada
I rather just trade randomly until i got the torch i wanted. Minus out pally torches. No on trade those unless its 100% legit.

Jul 27, 2005
Succexy said:
I rather just trade randomly until i got the torch i wanted. Minus out pally torches. No on trade those unless its 100% legit.

no one trade those unless its 100% well i found a pstat assasin hfire and i am trading them away for compatiblity between my favorite char (V/T pala) and the Hfire.. considering my v/t friends already have hfire pala

well here i am trading away a pstat assassin for any pala lc.

Ãœber

Aug 12, 2005
Act 5
you cant trust pictures

all a person would have to do is simple zoom in, make a box around something you want(such as a number), copy, paste it in(after the rest of the number) and try to make it blend in with its background and make it have according pixel distance compared to the other numbers, if done correctly it would be almost impossible to tell its been changed because youre dealing with pixels... very tiny.

this can be done easily on MSpaint within about 5 minutes or less

5Ws

Banned
Dec 2, 2004
FL
IstinkTherefourIAM said:
who says i do 20k damage? lol

i do 3k smite+ phantom grief damage 4k foh with non pala lc

if i get a pala lc would it be better for having 3.3k and 4.5k foh?

and who says i have 2k life?

i have 4k life tyverymuch

i have yet to see a smiter pala with vendor quality studded leather of life crown of life kiteshield of deflection scepter of quality boots in pk games and kill a coa enigma hoz grief using smiter

OMGZ BRAG MORE PLZ KKTHX!
Hehe, Jump to Conclusion Mat, good one. :clap: