• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Top ten berzerker axe droppers?

Penumbra

Aug 4, 2005
Planet Earth ^^
Top ten berzerker axe droppers?

I would appreciate it if someone could inform me... what are the 10 best monsters to constantly slaughter if I want to find a berzerker axe? I'd like to socket it/find it with three sockets to make my crescent moon.

Thanks =D

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
I don't know about the top ten monsters to find Berserker Axes from but I have found some from Pindle, Pits, and Throne Room, so maybe you should run those areas. Keep in mind that Berserker Axes are insanely rare so don't expect to find one the first day. Good luck :thumbsup: .

Aug 18, 2005
Greenland
I play in SP, so I dont know if that counts.
I found one in River of Flame in normal mode while I was lvling up.

But since I dont use axes, I sold it.
Is it really THAT rare?

XXVII

Jul 20, 2005
Top ten monsters to drop a regular Berserker Axe:
Super Unique:Frozenstein (Frozen River)
Super Unique:pindle (duh)
Super Unique:Snapchip Shatter (Icy Cellar)
Super Unique:Thresh Socket (Arreat Plateau)
Unique:Abominable (Drifter Cavern)
Unique:Abominable (Icy Cellar)
Unique:Abominable (Ancient's Way)
Unique:Abyss Knight (City of the Damned)
Unique:Abyss Knight (River of Flame)
Unique:Afflicted (Drifter Cavern)

Results from ATMA

The super uniques odds were something like 1:600? and the others were 1:3000

Hope this helps.

Denis

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Angel_Dusted said:
Anything that says "Moo".

IIRC cows aren't ideal for the upper tier uniques but they do have better drop odds for things like Dusk Shrouds and Sacred Targes.

Quietust

Apr 20, 2004
Somewhere
www.qmtpro.com
XXVII said:
Top ten monsters to drop a regular Berserker Axe:
Super Unique:Frozenstein (Frozen River)
Super Unique:pindle (duh)
Super Unique:Snapchip Shatter (Icy Cellar)
Super Unique:Thresh Socket (Arreat Plateau)
Unique:Abominable (Drifter Cavern)
Unique:Abominable (Icy Cellar)
Unique:Abominable (Ancient's Way)
Unique:Abyss Knight (City of the Damned)
Unique:Abyss Knight (River of Flame)
Unique:Afflicted (Drifter Cavern)

Actually, NONE of those monsters can possibly drop a regular Berserker Axe because the lowest possible quality they can drop is magical.

As of 1.10, item drops are no longer restricted specific monsters (other than superuniques) but are instead determined by the area in which they reside (in Hell difficulty, anyways). If you are looking for a regular (i.e. white/gray) Berserker Axe, head for an area with ALVL 85 - The Pit (Tamoe Highlands), Mausoleum (Burial Grounds), Ancient Tunnels (Lost City), River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary, Worldstone Keep (all 3 levels), and Throne of Destruction are great places to find any item in the game. Hell Cows are capable of dropping Berserker Axes, but with far lower chances.

XXVII

Jul 20, 2005
Quietust said:
Actually, NONE of those monsters can possibly drop a regular Berserker Axe because the lowest possible quality they can drop is magical.

As of 1.10, item drops are no longer restricted specific monsters (other than superuniques) but are instead determined by the area in which they reside (in Hell difficulty, anyways). If you are looking for a regular (i.e. white/gray) Berserker Axe, head for an area with ALVL 85 - The Pit (Tamoe Highlands), Mausoleum (Burial Grounds), Ancient Tunnels (Lost City), River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary, Worldstone Keep (all 3 levels), and Throne of Destruction are great places to find any item in the game. Hell Cows are capable of dropping Berserker Axes, but with far lower chances.

You sure? I thought they could drop regular zerkers. In ATMA, I picked base item and not magical or any other kind. Base means regular right?

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
I play in SP, so I dont know if that counts.
I found one in River of Flame in normal mode while I was lvling up.

But since I dont use axes, I sold it.
Is it really THAT rare?
You found a Berserker Axe in normal? We're talking about the Berserker Axe (elite version of War Axe), not the set Double Axe (Berserker's Hatchet).

Everything that drops from weap87 will do. Cows can drop weap87 as well. Taking into consideration their huge amounts, I think it's a very good place to look for Berserker axe. You'll also find on the way tons of gems, jewels, charms and (if you're lucky) some runes.

Nov 18, 2004
MD, USA
XXVII said:
You sure? I thought they could drop regular zerkers. In ATMA, I picked base item and not magical or any other kind. Base means regular right?

I believe base means unspecified quality. So you got the sum of regular, magical, rare, set, and unique.

Masas

Jun 27, 2004
Lithuania
Do not run cows for TC87s. They just don't drop them as often as you'd expect them to. Run alvl85 areas instead. A single Devilkin in the Pit drops weap87 around 10 times better than a single Cow does.