• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Tired of Temp Ban...

Iconoclast

Aug 2, 2005
Stanford University
Tired of Temp Ban...

With all the ban stuff going on, this seems to have been back-burnered.

I'm pretty tired of doing a *few* MF runs and getting tossed for an hour+. With the ladder reset, we don't have gear of course. As we all know, getting gear is paramount (my level 55 sorc is wearing CK armor, junk boots and gloves, etc...haha). So I decided to take a break and do some Eldrich runs.

Did about 10, bam--"temporarily suspended." WTF? I always use a random name (not sequential) and they take about a minute.

Then later last night, I was in a transfer game with a friend, sat and talked for about 5 minutes after transferring--so no multiple in/out things going on--, did about 5 runs, bam--tossed again and "temporailiy suspended" when I tried to log back in.

This truly sucks; I don't know if Blizz is trying to catch botters with a little check program that doesn't work very well or once again, they are trying to force certain types of game play (and discourage MFing). I have the feeling they think multiple MF runs is "cheating" and not "how the game was designed to be played" or something....

It's a lot easier to write something to check for 25+ games in 30 minutes than this idiotic 5+ games in 5 minutes = ban stuff.

OK, I feel better...rant mode off....

Arbedark

Jul 2, 2003
Redditch
Dude. Just take 3 seconds in between each step of your game. Leaving the game, Clicking create, typing the name, pressing enter etc.

And you wont have this problem.

You're just going too fast. So B.Net thinks your a bot.

Arb

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
Sorry to hear but everyone has to deal with it so you're not alone. :)

If you want, you can read my bnet connection guide for info on temp bans and stuff on how to get around it. It's in the final few posts but I haven't tried it so I dont know if it works or not.

Jun 2, 2004
France
You can also stay a bit longer in each game. Not just MFing Mephisto is a good idea. Try Andariel, Eldritch, Pindle, Shenk... That's what I usually do, and I have no problems at all :p.

Ismalia

Jul 18, 2005
East Coast, USA
I was going to say, your runs are just going to fast. When I do Countess runs, I make sure to do a Mephisto run at the same time, as well as a HellForge and any other good dropping places. By the time I'm done that, I'm onto the next game, but it's taking me anywhere from 10-15 min per run because I'm also crafting, selling, and upgrading during those runs.