• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

thursday

sirpoopsalot

May 24, 2005
dranking tequila
thursday

heck, it's friday in many places, but i'll start the daily anyways since it's still 8:00 a.m. here in Colorado.

RL = same ol' BS at work. I wasn't feeling well earlier this week, but coming around fine now. Would like to do something fun this coming weekend, but i'm still staying on budget to help my bro out while he's recovering from his ruptured disk. He's pretty depressed at the moment, which is about what you'd expect when a go'er and a do'er has to lie in bed for a month.

Chain Smokin' finished A3 NM last night. Meph was a cakewalk. I ran him a few times to get the next level, and he dropped a Kelpie Snare and a couple of other moderately useful items. He got on an ethereal binge for while, but didn't provide anything really useful in that regard.

Crudesash68

Jun 25, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Visit site
Only one post...this thread seems so lonely. Last night, I helped Hendrixjr's Necro get through the Maggot Lair, but his IK barb (lvl 82) took my lvl ** Shaffers barb two out of three in duels, so kudos to him. I was cheated out of an ear on my win though, because a stray zombie wandered in as I was going for the kill. Oh well. Lost my sweet Hell Meph map, so now I have to run till I get a good one again, hopefully won't take too long. Cheers!

Steve

San

Jul 15, 2004
Finland
Meh, school started today.. but we just fooled around, today's all studying. Too bad, but it's good to have something to do, even if it's just schoolwork. I also had a meeting with the other swimming coaches, and it was sooooo boring, my dads a coach too, so I knew like 98% of what was told there..

Got my HC Blizzsorc started today, all the way till lvl 6 :p (at last..), and it was pretty slow, having practically nothing for twinking, since I've built a total of three HC chars. One till act 1, one till act 2, and one now sitting on the WSK lvl 2 WP, in Normal. Still, the Gemmed Hunters Bow shoul be pretty good, now if I happen to find a charm with dexterity. (I'm not going to invest in blocking, so no point in put any points in dexterity)

Uzziah

Feb 20, 2004
They haven't added my screenshot yet :(

Oh well, I have been toying around my new poison mancer, he is still using a poison based bow at clvl 16 hopefully he will start using his skills soon. but I only get 300 pdamage/6.x seconds from pdagger and 280 pdamage/3.x seconds from my bow so I will stay with the safer ranged weapon for now.

Porius

Jul 7, 2003
Des Moines, Ia
Visit site
My wife has been playing more than I have, but she took her Chargadin into NM (her first time) and was shocked by the increased difficulty. I've been playing Necundus, my Bone Mage remake, and trying to keep up with her pace (and failing)...

Porius

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
My newest Patriarch, a Frenzier dubbed Tommy Hawk, can finally rest after a relatively short career. Besides a run-in with two simultaneous Succubi boss packs and probably twenty deaths to the Ancients, this was pretty much a cake build. No, not cake.. this was a no-bake cookie build. War Cry is the cheapest, most abused skill I had for the last three acts, and I finally made use of Taunt effectively. Final look at him/his stats: (all from memory, kind of fuzzy)

Tommy Hawk, Frenzy Barbarian, lvl 81
Maxed Frenzy, Sword Mastery, Battle Orders
7 points in War Cry
4 points in Double Swing
1 point in prerequirements

Final Equipment:
Dual Lightsabres
Upped Duriel's Shell Greak Hauberk (def: 1375ish)
Arreat's Face
Laying of Hands
String of Ears
Gore Riders
Atma's Scarab
Frostburn
Manald Heal

Resists: (fire, cold, lit., poison) 67/56/-2/75 - add 7 to all after BC
Stats: (not sure of exact numbers, all w/ bonuses from equipment)
Str: 150
Dex: 155
Vit: unknown; max 975, w/BO 1895(!)
Energy: 10, w/BO mana's at 225
Unused points: 75(!!)

What all this shows me is that some of the cattle.netters are kind of right. Some say that an untwinked melee character is impossible; I don't wholly agree, but since I had such a high number of unused stat points I want to think it was the gear that got me through it all, especially with such a low HP count. Of course, if I had spent a ton of time MFing with Tommy Hawk, then I figure his equipment would been sufficient eventually... but there's no way I could have done this build untwinked in five days, that's for sure.

Nevertheless, this build has been the most fun I've had in D2 for a while. And it makes me wonder how in world I ever Patted my Concentrate barb since he's SO SLOW in comparison. In fact, I doubt I'll ever have an experience with a melee build that was as enjoyable as this has been. Guess it just means I'll be making more Frenziers in the near future! Try some different weapons, see which kill that much faster... maybe make a couple runewords for the fun of it.

So what's next?... I have no idea. I still have two classes I have yet to Pat/Mat, but neither seem that fun to me. Maybe I'll create a Werebear druid, or even get back on the horse w/ my Windy druid since my computer doesn't graphically slow down like it used to (hurricane probably dropped my fps to 10 or 12).

Hendrix Jr.

Aug 10, 2004
Hell
It's ok dad. So what if I Pwnd you? I got both your ears, without the zombies help:lol:

Oh well, Get an IKSC and we'll try again.

Anyway, my NovaMancer is going for duriel later/ tomorrow, and hopefully i'll get to meph by nightfall tomorrow.

RL... Busting my hindquarters trying to learn some of the new Steve Vai tunes, which is brutally hard, in between dying 8 times in the maggot lair... Thank god my dad was awake last night, or i might have just deleted him there on the spot...

Toodles-
-Jon-

w00t- finally reached 100:lol: funny seeing that i've been here since mid 03'... plus i used to have a different name.... Let's just say 450... Even?:thumbsup:

TrubbaNot

Jun 21, 2005
Midwest US
Had just about every known error trying repeatedly to install. The latest one claims I don't have enough room, even though the last install simply gave me the "bad data file" error. Copied the music and renamed it... Yes, I've run CleanSweep and DiskDoctor and defragged and all of it. Over and effing over and over. Deleted programs, and so on, and on and on. My friend's discs do the same things mine do, and they're practically new, so I have no idea. I'll be browsing Blizzzz's troubleshooting files again, and hope to have good news sometime soon. I am not going to try any more tonight. I know it's early (for me, anyway) but I barely slept last night and I am just about ready to hit the hay. Or hit the bottle. :lol:

sirpoopsalot

May 24, 2005
dranking tequila
TrubbaNot said:
Had just about every known error trying repeatedly to install. The latest one claims I don't have enough room, even though the last install simply gave me the "bad data file" error. Copied the music and renamed it... Yes, I've run CleanSweep and DiskDoctor and defragged and all of it. Over and effing over and over. Deleted programs, and so on, and on and on. My friend's discs do the same things mine do, and they're practically new, so I have no idea. I'll be browsing Blizzzz's troubleshooting files again, and hope to have good news sometime soon. I am not going to try any more tonight. I know it's early (for me, anyway) but I barely slept last night and I am just about ready to hit the hay. Or hit the bottle. :lol:

my only advice is to do a full uninstall, back up your registry and then search it for 'blizzard', 'diablo', and delete any entries you find before trying to install again. Of course, full reboots after uninstall, registry cleanup, and reinstall too.

After that, perform a second registry search on 'squid' and 'durf' - since they're probably hiding out in there tossing keys back and forth pretending it's version 1.11 and they're going after Lilith (they're also shouting "ONEone111!111!" - if you listen close you can hear them :lol: ).

... did you mention bottle? Hmm, mine's empty, I wonder how that happened. later.

martinkingss

Apr 12, 2005
Sweden
Gonna play sp whole day. all my family is gone, there fetching (right word?) my sister from horse camp. lol. all day = ramones, pizza, and díablo 2. envy me.

corax

Jan 11, 2004
australia
martinkingss said:
Gonna play sp whole day. all my family is gone, there fetching (right word?) my sister from horse camp. lol. all day = ramones, pizza, and díablo 2. envy me.

meh its what i do everyday minus the ramones and change d2 with sometyhing else

TrubbaNot

Jun 21, 2005
Midwest US
sirpoopsalot said:
After that, perform a second registry search on 'squid' and 'durf' - since they're probably hiding out in there tossing keys back and forth pretending it's version 1.11 and they're going after Lilith (they're also shouting "ONEone111!111!" - if you listen close you can hear them :lol: ).

... did you mention bottle? Hmm, mine's empty, I wonder how that happened. later.
hahaha! Durf and the squid were doing that in my CDR! Before changing the registry, I decided to do just one more search, not limiting it to Blizzard, and found someone with the same problem but on a German site. Luckily, the person who replied provided a link, and the linked forum was in English so I could read it, and the solution......
God, I could have saved myself days ...
Diablo just didn't like my CD-Rom player! Used the Philips and it installed in about 5 minutes, without a hitch. Now I'm off to patch.

Oh. The squid drank your bottle. Head over to the EMB and Durf will buy you a new one. Then I will buy you another.