• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Three Questions

Phesto

Aug 2, 2005
Three Questions

1. If you have Summons and MF, is your MF added to your Summons?

2. Is +% always based on something's original attributes if it doesn't state otherwise (based on character level)?

Example: Golem Mastery looks at Clay Golem's original HP (100).

3. Will Werewolf and Oak Sage look at each other as well as the Druid, or will they ignore each other?

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
1. yes

I'm not exactly sure about what you mean for the last 2 questions. Can you rephrase them a bit?

Phesto

Aug 2, 2005
mhl12 said:
1. yes

I'm not exactly sure about what you mean for the last 2 questions. Can you rephrase them a bit?

Yes, sorry. I had a lot of trouble trying to articulate those last two. The third question was really only meant as clarity for the second, but I can see how they're confusing.

I cast Oak Sage, my life is bumped, then I cast Werewolf. When I cast Werewolf, does it increase my current life, which is higher due to OS, or my normal life?

I was over at the Arreat Summit and recalled reading about how Golem Mastery adds the +% of HPs to Clay Golem's base HPs (100), and not CG's current HPs. This was obvious to me because I've played a Necromancer, and, if GM added to CG's current HPs, CG's HPs would be insane. What isn't obvious to me is whether that can occur with other +% skills and items (like OS and Werewolf). So, I'm wondering if they (Blizzard) have made it so all +%s only look at base numbers to avoid these interactions.

Gorny

Banned
Sep 9, 2003
Phesto said:
3. Will Werewolf and Oak Sage look at each other as well as the Druid, or will they ignore each other?

Umm I Played a druid long enough...but your question makes no sense, can you be more specific ?

Maybe this helps :

Oak Sage grants it's bonus to the Druid, hid minions or pets and party members.

It works with werewolf form

I assume you speak of the were form Werewolf and not a dire wolf or spirit wolf ?

Phesto

Aug 2, 2005
aragorn_elessar said:
Umm I Played a druid long enough...but your question makes no sense, can you be more specific ?

Maybe this helps :

Oak Sage grants it's bonus to the Druid, hid minions or pets and party members.

It works with werewolf form

I assume you speak of the were form Werewolf and not a dire wolf or spirit wolf ?

It's confusing, I agree. I gave a much better example in my previous post.

carnivore

Aug 2, 2005
bremen, germany
the question is meant like:
how is life determined:

baselife + percentage of baselife due to werewolfskill + percentage of baselife from oak

or

(baselife + percentage of baselife from werewolf) + percentage of your current life (which already includes werewolf) from oak

?

i think it's the second and i'm also pretty sure that this isn't done the same way for all calculations (especially damage calcs are more complicated, i think).

1. It's been answered, but just to add on, Gold Find is carried onto your mercenary and summons as well.

2 & 3. As far as I know, the programmers of D2 set formulas to determine at which stage modifiers will take place, so there is no way of maximizing anything by changing the order of skill usage. The only way of maximizing life, damage, etc. is through the change of equipment.

To the best of my knowledge, modifiers will take place according to when they are set to occur, so your Druid's life will be the same regardless of whether Oake Sage or Werewolf is casted first.

So Golem Mastery will modify Clay Golem's life according to when it was programmed to modify, whether it is at the time of the summoning, or after factors have taken place as well.

^I may be wrong.

I prefer to leave complicated matters like these alone, and just accept them. However, if you do feel like digging further, I suggest you read through these threads:

Clicky.
Clicky.

Edit: @aragorn - Thanks for the unban. :lol:

There may be some rare exceptions, but the general rule is that percentage bonuses from different sources are added, and their sum is applied to base.
For life:
You have 500 base life, 25% bonus from Werewolf, 50% from Lycantropy, 140% bonus from Oak Sage and 110% bonus from barbarian Battle Orders. First you sum all the bonuses - 25%+50%+140%+110%=325%. And then apply this 325% bonus to your life.

Phesto

Aug 2, 2005
omgwtfbbqpwned said:
I prefer to leave complicated matters like these alone, and just accept them.

I'm not refusing to accept anything. You completely misunderstood my questions by reading too deeply into my posts.

This is not complicated.

Bullet-Tooth Tony said:
There may be some rare exceptions, but the general rule is that percentage bonuses from different sources are added, and their sum is applied to base.
For life:
You have 500 base life, 25% bonus from Werewolf, 50% from Lycantropy, 140% bonus from Oak Sage and 110% bonus from barbarian Battle Orders. First you sum all the bonuses - 25%+50%+140%+110%=325%. And then apply this 325% bonus to your life.

Thank you.

dang79

Feb 18, 2004
Summing sounds right.

If it were factored instead of summed, you would get really high life and people would cast BO and oak sage and .... get totally insane life.

Luca Rescigno

Jul 27, 2005
Minnesota
That can't be the case for everything, though. I have a Barbarian who's only at level 43 and I managed to get his attack rating to 53,000+ using two Angelic Halos (partial set bonus w/ Angelic Mantle), Concentrate, about 3-4 +skills, and a Combat Shrine. Normally his attack rating is around 5,000 or 6,000 but when I used the Combat Shrine it must have multiplied one of the multipliers rather than adding it to the other bonuses, so I ended up with an insane attack rating (and defense of over 2,000 too, thanks to Shout). Remember this guy is level 43, in Act II Nightmare.