• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

this sux

xxxoooxxx

Member
Aug 17, 2005
15
0
1
ohio
Help! Im Desperate! Cannot Connect To Bnet!

I have been trying for days to get my d2 to work, it says cannot connect to bnet and i thinks its a problem with my router im on cable by the way, can anyone help????? i get an error message that read: if you are using a modem you may want to connect to your service provider.
I'm on cable, just recently, with a router, and i have tried everything, please help!
xxx000xxx
 

zVp

Member
Jul 5, 2005
58
0
11
35
Canada
IF it worked before with your router/cable, then it should be fine afterwards. However, many reasons could attribute to this "downtime". Have you been using any maphacks? hacks? fast muling?
 

xxxoooxxx

Member
Aug 17, 2005
15
0
1
ohio
zVp said:
IF it worked before with your router/cable, then it should be fine afterwards. However, many reasons could attribute to this "downtime". Have you been using any maphacks? hacks? fast muling?


NO I'M NOT BANNED, JUST KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE: IF YOU ARE USING A MODEM, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONNECT TO YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER.
 

Freezing Rain

Member
May 25, 2005
1,613
0
346
xxxoooxxx said:
NO I'M NOT BANNED, JUST KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE: IF YOU ARE USING A MODEM, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONNECT TO YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER.
There's no need to talk in all caps, it's most likely just a realm down. I had one for 84 hours before, so just wait it out. Check if you can sign on to another realm though, so we know what's happening.
 

Orphan

Member
May 23, 2004
7,198
1
165
I take it that this has just been going on for a short amount of time? This happens to me every now and then as well, but after a short time it generally goes away.

If it hasn't yet been a day since you've started to receive this message, then I would recommend waiting abit, and then let us know.
 

xxxoooxxx

Member
Aug 17, 2005
15
0
1
ohio
Orphan said:
I take it that this has just been going on for a short amount of time? This happens to me every now and then as well, but after a short time it generally goes away.

If it hasn't yet been a day since you've started to receive this message, then I would recommend waiting abit, and then let us know.


Sorry for caps! its been 3 days with same message, and it doesn't matter which realm they all give same error message.
 

Orphan

Member
May 23, 2004
7,198
1
165
Hmm, unless the uswest realm still has an invalid entry, then I can't think of much else (besides this one actually being an time based).

Can you get onto Europe or Asia?
 

xxxoooxxx

Member
Aug 17, 2005
15
0
1
ohio
Orphan said:
Hmm, unless the uswest realm still has an invalid entry, then I can't think of much else (besides this one actually being an time based).

Can you get onto Europe or Asia?


Thats really odd, I can go on all realms except west.
 

Orphan

Member
May 23, 2004
7,198
1
165
Well, incase your wondering, there's nothing wrong with USWest, as I'm on it right now...
 

xxxoooxxx

Member
Aug 17, 2005
15
0
1
ohio
Orphan said:
Well, incase your wondering, there's nothing wrong with USWest, as I'm on it right now...


well its day 4 now, still can get into all realms except west on diablo2 lod, hope someone has some suggestions, as soon i will lose all my high level chars, I know my mules have expired by now, i just don't understand, I wrote battelnet, i'm not banned, coulden't think of why i would be anyways.
 

xxxoooxxx

Member
Aug 17, 2005
15
0
1
ohio
Aspeak said:
i have the same exact problem, all realms cept west


aspeak what error message do you get? I get if connected by modem you may want to connect to your internet service provider before you connect to b-net.

I'm on cable, with a router linksys, so my son can use his pc upstairs for school.
 

The Chemist

Member
Aug 18, 2005
33
0
20
pittsburgh
im having the same problem dude, for about 36 hours now....im at work, but when i get home ill try that registry reset thing....let you know how it works.
 

Orphan

Member
May 23, 2004
7,198
1
165
Try to connect to USWest manually, through telnet.

If your using Windows, then:

1. Click Start and then Run
2. Type telnet uswest.battle.net 6112. and press the Enter key.
3. A new screen will appear.
4. If your connection is successful, you will see a cursor in the top left corner of this screen. Type the letter C on your keyboard to connect to the Battle.net chat server.
5. If your connection is not successful, you will simply see an hourglass or the screen will automatically shut down indicating that you have not connected to Battle.net correctly.
 

MoonUnit

Member
Jul 21, 2004
923
0
165
Phoenix, AZ
Might be a temp ip ban from west. I've had the same crap happen to me a couple of times...no real work around other than waiting. :(
You can also try a tracert uswest.battle.net and post the results.

OT: awesome sig there Orphan :)
 

xxxoooxxx

Member
Aug 17, 2005
15
0
1
ohio
MoonUnit said:
Might be a temp ip ban from west. I've had the same crap happen to me a couple of times...no real work around other than waiting. :(
You can also try a tracert uswest.battle.net and post the results.

OT: awesome sig there Orphan :)


I thought that as well when i couldent get on, so I wrote bnet, wouldent they say had I been banned?