• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

The timing of this whole thing..

Sh4dovv

Banned
May 19, 2004
Australia!
The timing of this whole thing..

Just been reading this on another forum;

Anyone who thinks all of this wasn't carefully orchestrated by blizz is a bit naive. New patch takes care of all the bots and adds a little excitement to the game, and places 3 keys in spots where people would DIE to have maphack to find. Then they start the brand new ladder without bots so people have to work, again people would DIE to have maphack to find that first shako. Someone releases a "clean" maphack which actually sends packets to blizz and walaa, only legit 4 lyfe kids are the ones left playing ladder. The game can be played how it was meant for them to be played, and ladder will be a truely fair ladder.

Also, besides that fact, they dont want people to play d2 it doesn't make money, they want people to move to WoW and WC3 for the tournaments and SC for the same reason.

While Diablo may be the greatest game of all time IMO, Blizzard could care less because it doesn't make them money. If they really cared instead of banning everyone, they should rollback the servers a few days and let everyone have their accounts back and restart ladder to keep interest. Any company konws that losing 20,000 accounts wont make a game last too long. And for every 5 accounts that are banned, 1 person just quits freely because their close friends were banned. This attempt to close down diablo has probably caused 20,000+ accounts//people to cease playing.

The bright side? Since they will need less diablo servers running, when you get an SOJ count you wont have to search very long to find the right server...

yes....coincidence? i think not :mad:

Orphan

May 23, 2004
So basically, Blizzard outmaneuvered, out-smarted and out-played a vast majority of you.

Arutha

May 20, 2004
rev129 said:
The tribe has spoken. Bring me your torch.

You can have it, all I seem to find are sorc torchs, I hate sorc's why can't I just find 1 pally torch.

Nilaripper

Aug 5, 2005
Vienna,Austria
I simply cannot understand how some players play this game...
I did key runs with my HC-Ladder Lightnin sorc (WITHOUT ANY HACKS)
and I didnt die. The countess and summoner were easy.
The difficult part on HC Ladder is the Destruction key,which
is dropped by Nihlatakh. A Natures Peace ring equipped on
my sorc prevents him using corps explosion.
Many Peolpe never learned to play this game right. :D

Sh4dovv

Banned
May 19, 2004
Australia!
OMFG i believe it now...

ive just been reading about how easymap originated from d2legit.com [a selling site]

it has been rumoured that this site is run by blizzard [i heard this a week ago, while talking to some friends i know who run similar sites]

and now...with todays events...i believe this

gg bliz u have been exploited

Fluffballer

May 4, 2005
Sh4dovv said:
Just been reading this on another forum;

yes....coincidence? i think not :mad:

Don't let the door hitcha on the way out. Seeya!
Seriously. Stop posting all this crap whining that you broke the ToU. :yawn:

SeDnA

Dec 16, 2004
Singapore
Lol the way they say 'Legit 4 lyfe kids' make it sound like all who don't use hacks are immature little 10 year old kids. I don't think there's anything wrong with using no hacks at all...

Jun 2, 2004
France
Nilaripper said:
I simply cannot understand how some players play this game...
I did key runs with my HC-Ladder Lightnin sorc (WITHOUT ANY HACKS)
and I didnt die. The countess and summoner were easy.
The difficult part on HC Ladder is the Destruction key,which
is dropped by Nihlatakh. A Natures Peace ring equipped on
my sorc prevents him using corps explosion.
Many Peolpe never learned to play this game right. :D
It pleases me to read such a true post :p. Don't forget though, that some people don't have time/don't want to learn about the very mechanics of the game. They just play the game the best they can, making mistakes, dying a lot, finding the game hard, seeing a lot of people (playing for years) that seem to fly through the game so easily... And there comes the idea of cheating :p...