• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

The PK renaissance~30 ears in one night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sip

Banned
Dec 21, 2003
da slumz
The PK renaissance~30 ears in one night

Yeah i'd wager this time right now is the best damn time for pking, period. No chicken, no maphack, just a bunch of fooles waiting for someone to hack off their ear.

I digress. When doing some run or another I found a bonesnap. Id'd it and it was 297%....Pking time. I upgraded that thing, slapped a 11%ed/req jewel in it and threw it on a level 30 paladin, Name-a "Fiscal_Advisor". I also gave him a 40 max damage great helm, 11 max/3x p ruby full plate mail, bladebuckle, bloodfists, sanders boots, angelics ring/amulet and a fine 75 mana ring. Dont let me forget the 3x ort great helm and nokazon relic i keep in the stash for lit or fire damage enemies!

The result is a Paladin with 771 life and a listed damage of just over 4.7k.

Eager to kick some arse, I joined a baal run game. I hostiled the party and said "woops". 10 seconds later i was charging down worldstone and sliced off my first level 33 sorc's ear. BOOM HEADSHOT (i can dance all day).

To make a long story short, I spent the rest of the evening killing 29 more characters of various levels. I headshotted a level 73 sorc, level 70 necro, level 65 amazon, a level 51 druid and my personal favorite~a drunk lvl 49 sorc(ask catbread about that one...it was a genius team effort of trickery).

So please post comments or similar stories in this thread, ty.

Some pictures:

A double whammy:

YouHaveMail

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
I'd have to say that double kill was hilarious sipster. :D
So was the drunk sorc, I kept announcing where he was as I was partied, and sip just figured to wait in canyon, the sorc scrolled through the a2 wps, once he hit canyon, dead.

"im too drunk to care" hah.

Sip

Banned
Dec 21, 2003
da slumz
I'd also like to add that I killed the necro of a little known 1.10 tppk sorc named "intarweb". She tppk'd me in the previous season so it felt good to get a little revenge.

rettet181

May 28, 2004
Still around eh Sip?

I was here pking a year ago, and I'm just barely getting back into the swing of things. Once I actually have an item base, i'm going to make my first ever telemerc sorc, and kill some very unexpecting people (who dies to a level 24 sorc anyway?).

I remember my favorite ever PK. Level 14 Chargadin. Ended up with a stash full of ears, including a level 45 sorc, 40 nec, and 37 pally. I loved that guy... He met an unfortunate demise to a level 85.

Congrats though. I love the 70's. ^_^

LuckyDwarf

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
Wow, 30 ears? I just finished paing you last night. :) Nice screenies, I love the one in arcane, hehe. Congrats and thanks for not even offering me to sign a release to put my /f msg on the internet! I r sue you.

Lucky

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
wow this is really impressive. I myself never pked one day in my life, but I am really starting to look into it. With the 10 seconds delay from wp I didn't thought it was still possible to legitly hunt down your prey old school. Whenever I see/hear the hostile on I always imediatly esc - exit. So I don't know if anyone's been killed.

I am really looking forward to my first pker, a Titan Kicksin pker once I get the right gear and charms, but that wont be for a while.At level 25 you get to have War Boots 39-80dmg. Build would look like this:
12 skill points from all diffulty quests + 24 skill points at character level 25
Martial Tree
18 DragonTalon(4 kicks, 5kicks is level 24)
2 pre
1 DragonFlight
Shadow Tree
1 pre
15 Burst of Speed (50% Faster Walk Run 58% Increase Attack Speed)
Basicaly get all the strenght and life charm I can get and maybe some more faster run charms.
:clap:

Sip

Banned
Dec 21, 2003
da slumz
I died.

going after my 35th ear (a level 83 trap assasin #16 on assn ladder). Even though i used my 90% lit res helm, it didnt help much. In the first duel, I smacked her a good 5-6 times only getting 2 real hits. She left at about 1/4 life.

When she rejoined she went to cold plains, I followed her. This time she had time to setup traps and got me real good when i came in for another couple of charges. Oh well. 34 ears and a good deal of fun.

Now ill be working on a level 31 Kicker, unless of course i find something Big, ethereal and upgradable ;)

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
Sip said:
I died.

going after my 35th ear (a level 83 trap assasin #16 on assn ladder). Even though i used my 90% lit res helm, it didnt help much. In the first duel, I smacked her a good 5-6 times only getting 2 real hits. She left at about 1/4 life.

When she rejoined she went to cold plains, I followed her. This time she had time to setup traps and got me real good when i came in for another couple of charges. Oh well. 34 ears and a good deal of fun.

Now ill be working on a level 31 Kicker, unless of course i find something Big, ethereal and upgradable ;)
oh well, how do you plan to build your kicker now?

Sip

Banned
Dec 21, 2003
da slumz
BatTheMan said:
oh well, how do you plan to build your kicker now?
I will need
"Strength" blade talons (2)
Whitsands shield eld'd
3 socket shield with 3 p saphire, 3 socket shield with 3 p topaz
artisans helm with 3 p rubies
4 socket gothic plate with 1 p emerald and 3 p rubies (for green color)
Ik Gloves, belt and boots
Angelic rings and amulet
Eth honor zwihander sword or partizan polearm for merc (and whatever other gear the merc will need to be able to equip it)

Max Dragon talon, 5 or so points in burst of speed and rest in Dragon flight

PhatTrumpet

Jul 18, 2003
South Portland, Maine
Visit site
Whitstan's instead of 'Rhyme'?

I'd think with all the dex from IK gloves and Angelic bling you could manage max block with a 'Rhyme' without putting hardly any points in dex. I don't think I have to mention the mods 'Rhyme' has over Whitstan's.

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
go figure
Total Blocking = [(Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)]

BladeTalon req 50 dex
IK glove bonus 20 dex
Angie bonus 10 dex

with rhyme assuming Tower shield 49%
75 = (49 + 20 ( dex - 15)) / ( 31 * 2)]
dex = 83

with eld whistan
75 = (92 + 7 ( dex - 15)) / ( 31 * 2)]
dex = 62

whistan no eld is 65-66

R-pArkx

Jul 11, 2003
USA
www.ruleonline.com
Yea i saw you in a sewer runs, You were like everyone scared of a level 30?

I just started my char yesterday, i got no more friends that play any more so i am looking for people to play with

I just left though when i saw you i didn't know you are a part of dii.net

maybe i will see you again sometime?

BTW i am a level 25 sorc atm named WRXone

Greex

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Warrensburg,Missouri
BatTheMan said:
go figure
Total Blocking = [(Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)]

BladeTalon req 50 dex
IK glove bonus 20 dex
Angie bonus 10 dex

with rhyme assuming Tower shield 49%
75 = (49 + 20 ( dex - 15)) / ( 31 * 2)]
dex = 83

with eld whistan
75 = (92 + 7 ( dex - 15)) / ( 31 * 2)]
dex = 62

whistan no eld is 65-66

I hate math =\

PawnOfChaos

Jul 21, 2003
New Orleans
Visit site
Thats too bad sip, I rebuilt a version of my usual 25 kicker, fluxed several chargers and beat a zealer, but no ears ><

I wanted your ear dueling your 12k charger last season and I wanted your ear this season. Ah well, do rebuild though :)

My noob kicker = Trapster-MF

Status
Not open for further replies.