• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

The Imbue Reward

Cambylobacter

Nov 17, 2003
The Imbue Reward

Hi everyone

Been looking at this reward and thinking that the only things worth doing are:

1) If you desperately need an item then go for it
2) Otherwise, do a Diadem as I believe they get a good bonus on the mods possible.

Anyone got any other suggestions as to what you use the Imbue reward for?

Shade

Jun 24, 2003
Cornwall, UK
Visit site
Items that get a +skill automod (Orbs, high Claws, Barb/Druid helms, Necro heads, Staves, Wands, Sceptres) will always get at least one +skill automod, and possibly more, so have the potential to turn a useless item into a great one. Not a good chance but a chance nonetheless :)

Mr Evil

Nov 21, 2003
UK
come.to
Apart from a diadem or two I have been imbuing only ethereal crystal swords and dimensional blades. This is because it is then possible to upgrade those swords to indestructible phase blades, which is as good as a free zod! :xgift:

Best one I made so far was 280% ed or so, with some other semi-nice mods. I'm waiting for a 350%+ one, hopefully with some IAS or dual leech...

However, I recommend that you don't bother doing this because it may drive the price of ethereal crystal swords up.

Ryshenron

Jun 28, 2003
Serenity
s3.invisionfree.com
Mr Evil said:
Apart from a diadem or two I have been imbuing only ethereal crystal swords and dimensional blades. This is because it is then possible to upgrade those swords to indestructible phase blades, which is as good as a free zod! :xgift:

Best one I made so far was 280% ed or so, with some other semi-nice mods. I'm waiting for a 350%+ one, hopefully with some IAS or dual leech...

However, I recommend that you don't bother doing this because it may drive the price of ethereal crystal swords up.

doesnt matter ,they are common as a pebble, even if they do go up in price, they wont go up more than gems or crafting runes

Stormie

Jun 23, 2003
Shade said:
Items that get a +skill automod (Orbs, high Claws, Barb/Druid helms, Necro heads, Staves, Wands, Sceptres) will always get at least one +skill automod, and possibly more, so have the potential to turn a useless item into a great one. Not a good chance but a chance nonetheless :)
Well, not quite always.. the chances for +skills are normally:

10% chance of 3 skills
20% chance of 2 skills
40% chance of 1 skill
30% chance of nothing

Imbuing, the ilvl (clvl+4) gets added to the roll.. so if you are level 26+, then you are guaranteed to get at least 1 +skill. If you are level 86+ you are guaranteed to get 3! :)

Zenkat

Jul 9, 2003
Surprise, AZ
Ethereal Javelins and Throwing weapons are also a good bet, with the possibilty of a replenish mod. 400ed replenish javs would be quite nice.
So far ive imbued a set of ethereal stygian pilum that got 345ed+replenish.