• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

The green ornate plate

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
The green ornate plate

Hey everyone, Griswold's Heart dropped when I was in Hell act III, it is pretty rare isn't it?

randy

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
It is for me, I don't think I've ever even seen one. A screen shot would be nice if you have the time.

Nice find btw.

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
It's actually not that rare for being a part of an elite set, looking at the hell mephisto runs I've done it's about as rare as the IK maul. I found ~10 IK mauls and ~10 green ornate plates/1000 hell mephisto runs but maybe I'm just lucky with those ;)

Hey, still a nice find :thumbsup:

Indemaijinj

Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
Well, in my career running Baal I've found quite a few of them. As far as I know it is the most common part of Griswold's set.

From the comments I've heard the rarity of the different parts should go somewhat like that.

Griz's Shield: The rarest. An extremely rare item.
Griz's Caddy: Also a very rare find.
Griz's Corona: A rather rare item, but not in the same league as the two aforementioned items.
Griz's Armor: If you run Hell Baal you are probably going to end up with one of these sooner or later.

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
In concurrence, I found one in A3 Hell, too. Popped a mother lode chest in the Bazaar, and there she was.

Adversely, when I went to stash it in ATMA I had to create a new Set mule, and wherever I told my computer to save the character didn't exist... so the character was never saved. Bye-bye, Gris' armor.

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
Congratulations on the find. (You should post in the item find thread next time so that all the nice finds in the forum receive equal attention.)

Practically speaking, though, the Gris armor isn't that useful.

Sleepless

Dec 17, 2004
Well, there are WAY more common than other griz part. I don't even pick them up anymore. Nice find though, I socketed my first one with 3x PAmethist to let my merc use bonehew.

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
Ahh, ok. I need to get my merc a new pole. Everyone he's used has a chance to cast a curse, which is really annoying, especially the Reaper's Toll 33% chance for decrepify. That is extremely annoying.

Dodgydave

Jul 16, 2003
New Zealand
abarlament said:
Ahh, ok. I need to get my merc a new pole. Everyone he's used has a chance to cast a curse, which is really annoying, especially the Reaper's Toll 33% chance for decrepify. That is extremely annoying.

Why's it annoying? It's the best thing about the weapon. (Unless you're playing a necro of course.)

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
essojay said:
Congratulations on the find. (You should post in the item find thread next time so that all the nice finds in the forum receive equal attention.)

Practically speaking, though, the Gris armor isn't that useful.

Where is the item find thread, I'm guessing it's not a sticky?

Twoflower

Banned
May 22, 2004
about rarity, it aint rare at all, sorry. in the time you ll need to find one caddy or even the shield, you ll probably find 100 of these armors...

Thirty-Thirty

Dec 16, 2004
Germany
abarlament said:
Where is the item find thread, I'm guessing it's not a sticky?
At the moment, it is here. It restarts as a new thread every now and then, like when the thread goes over 30 pages or so, or a new month begins, or whatever. And no, its not a sticky.

skoolbus

Dec 31, 2004
The Moon
He wasn't discussing the fact that he found the item, he just wanted to know how rare it was, which belongs in this post. However, compared the the rest of the griz set, it's not rare at all.