• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

The Fire Druid

Underdawg

Jul 4, 2005
W
The Fire Druid

Anyone here have any experiences playing one? If so can they share their experiences with playing it such as Skill Point Placement, Stat Point Placement, Equipment, Twinked, Untwinked and how was the difficulty playing it (mainly through late Nightmare and Hell? I am for sure going to make one but I want some input. :thumbsup:

For Current Setup:

20 Firestorm
20 Molten Boulder
20 Fissure
20 Volcano
20 Armageddon
1 Pre Reqs: Arctic Blast, Cyclone Armor, Twister, Tornado, Hurricane
1 Raven, Oak Sage, Spirit Wolf Dire Wolf, Grizzly Bear

Although this Skill Point Placement would be ideal it cannot be reached until the nigh-impossible-to-reach Level 99. I would probably get to level 90 though so that is 101 skill points I will have so one of the fire skills will only get 11 points and I have a hard time choose.

Blascid

Jan 7, 2005
Underdawg said:
Anyone here have any experiences playing one? If so can they share their experiences with playing it such as Skill Point Placement, Stat Point Placement, Equipment, Twinked, Untwinked and how was the difficulty playing it (mainly through late Nightmare and Hell? I am for sure going to make one but I want some input. :thumbsup:

For Current Setup:

20 Firestorm
20 Molten Boulder
20 Fissure
20 Volcano
20 Armageddon
1 Pre Reqs: Arctic Blast, Cyclone Armor, Twister, Tornado, Hurricane
1 Raven, Oak Sage, Spirit Wolf Dire Wolf, Grizzly Bear

Although this Skill Point Placement would be ideal it cannot be reached until the nigh-impossible-to-reach Level 99. I would probably get to level 90 though so that is 101 skill points I will have so one of the fire skills will only get 11 points and I have a hard time choose.

You'll be fine through Normal, first focus on boosting Firestorm, and Pre Req's, until you get Fissure-Then max that first IMO(While working on Pre Req's too).

Fissure will be your main Fire killer for the entire game, or at least that's how I played it.

Once Fissure is maxxed go back and finish off Firestorm for addition power. After that, you'll pretty much have non-FI owned until Hell.

After maxxing out Fissure, I started pumping up Molten Boulder/Volcano-For getting ready for FI's in Hell. But wait, FI's in Act 4 NIGHTMARE? So be sure to get it before then, to about 3-4 in each MB, and Volcano(Maybe Higher if you can), At that point it's doing about 45~Phyical Damage, which is enough to start to take them out with the help of you Merc(I got a Defensive one from Normal-They tend to stay alive forever with some okay eq/Life Leach)

Also: Up to this I was playing '/players 8' as I always do, if you don't think you're MB is doing enough, or your Merc doesn't have a good weapon by then, don't be afaird to turn it down.

I was finished maxxing out Firestrom+Fissure about Mid Act 3, by the time I reached the FI's in Act 4 in the second place, MB was level 4 and Volcano was 3.

After you finish Act 4 they'ren't anymore FI's till Act 1 Hell, so that'll give you plenty time switching off leveling between MB/Volcano until then.

Fissure everything that's not FI for almost instant death-Keep in mind that Volcano also gives 12% Fire Damage per level to Fissure-To keep it's killing power up till the end of the game.

It's great-Most of the Fire Spell's help out one-another so you're also boosting up your damage of at least two skills at a time, pretty much no matter what.

Through Hell you're going to be setting off Fissure(On non-FI's) and MBing everything else.(After you have Firestrom+MB+Fissure+Volcano maxxed you could go into 'geddon for more going on(Which does add a LOT more fun + looks really cool(Fissure going off, there MB's flying all over the place with Grizly tanking with a Merc, AND 'geddon going off). It will go for 50 seconds at that point which is nice, the only FAF spell in your bag, doing 250ish on contact with 30 more Fire damage per second. Which goes up tons with plus levels.

If you don't go into 'Geddon because you're fine with how you're character is playing already-put more points in Oak for more life for your Merc+Grizly and you.

You'll be doing fine..Don't forget to cast Grizly+Oak everytime they go down.

Only eq to really note is a little-I used what ever I found..Earthshaker+Lidless + rares, worked very well. To get you're Merc started off give him a Hwanin's Justice + Amn-And he'll be killing right along side you-very nicly.

Ask if they're are any more questions, or anything I left out-I hoped I helped :).

Ohh yeah Volcano is a great Boss killer, and this build is CRAZY fun.

EDIT: Magefists are the best possible gloves for this build. Also try to get Fast Cast Rate :)

Indemaijinj

Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
If you want another source of physical damage and a bit of security you can skimp a bit on Firestorm and put points into Grizzly. The build will then be called a shaman (the name for elemental/summon hybrids) and it is a darn solid build as well.