• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Ten Chars...

TheWormishOne

May 10, 2005
Oslo, Norway
Posts have to contain a minimum of ten characters. When someone wants to post a short reply like "Yes." they just hang on the words "ten chars" to make the post long enough, rather than try to reformulate the word "yes" into something that's ten characters long.

... Or such is my understanding of it anyway...

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
When posting a reply you reply has to be 10 characters long

so when people reple yes or no etc most of them just write 10 chars

Edit : Dam beaten to it

Aman

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
Hendrix Jr. said:
Ok thanks, i was just goingmad wondering about this.. Sorry for teh n00bzorz question...

hehe i spent a while wondering as well but some one made a thread about it and i found out :clap:

Aman

Underdawg

Jul 4, 2005
W
Finally! I was just about to make a thread about this matter also :lol:

Whew got that off my mind :clap:

TheWormishOne

May 10, 2005
Oslo, Norway
:scratch: I'd be wondering about it too, but one of the first things I did after I registered was trying to post a reply of less than ten characters, so it always made sense to me.

bill_n_opus

Apr 10, 2004
GVRD baby!
Instead of "yes, upping ethereal armor in 1.10 is bugged ..." type of answer - it is an easy way of shortening the answer plus adds a bit of peckishness to it.

As in:

Yes.

10 Chars.

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
sweden
:pshould we declare this thread free for the taking?

;)perhaps we should do something with it as the threadmaker has had his answer:)

so lets discuss what char betwwen a fully synergized lightning sorc and a fully synergized javazon kills fastest in hell cows?

i for one think the javazon kills fastest with a good herder

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
sweden
i wonder if that is true with a great hearder though necrolemming but as of now i cant even try it. In my experience with blizz you cant really take down a large mob of monsters all at once as you can with LF but then few skills can.

Do you concentrate on the front of the mob with blizzard?

hum mayby we should make this into a thread about what chars are viable cow level runners and why.

dont the added danger with a runner using a element cow king is not immune against bother you at all?

Llathias

Banned
Mar 12, 2005
Turkey
Blizz sorcs would be very safe due to the chill effect and the huge size of cows, making blizz hit them for sure. LF, however, can affect a larger area, especially with Pierce, and don't carry the risk of killing the Cow King.

10 chars

:scratch: uh wait... :uhhuh:

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
sweden
necrolemming said:
By great do you mean like making a herd of 100+ cows?

When I kill cows, I usually aim blizzard at the merc. As long as he has 50% pdr and BO active, he usually stays alive long enough.

I've never killed the cow king yet, but it's not all that worrisome. It's just another couple of days to make another one.

i could heard about that amount of cows in 1.09 but i bet i have to train a bit to do it in 1.11. One thing i learned from 1.09 with a LF zon is that a merc only gets in the way. I want minimal risk in killing the king as i plan for my chars to do their work for months if not years.

Serdash

Jun 24, 2003
Evansville, Indiana, USA
I have problems with this all the time.

Reason being? I hate trying to make long drawn out posts, they're just hard to do most of the time. I mean sometimes I would like to post a simple question as my thread title, then say, "See Topic" in the actual thread so people can answer it. Can I do this? No, "See Topic" is a grand total of nine characters. Nine. NINE! One off. Sure I could toss punctuation in there, but it's really not needed.

I mean come on, sometimes it's just way too hard to make long posts, you guys feel this way, right?

It's especially easier to answer a lot of questions with a simple "yes" instead of "Yes" and then restating the question. If there was only one question, why would you want to restate it? A simple yes does fine, I mean come on. It's not that bad, and there's already a limit on how many times you can post which is like once every sixty seconds, I think, so it's not like someone is going to spam the forums with one smiley posts or something, if they do it would take them a long time. Ten character limit is senseless and pointless.

Making long posts is such a hassle and it's so hard to do.

(( :uhhuh: ))

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
Hendrix and omgwtfbbqpwned: "Not Bad. " (with the two line breaks) and "omg u nubs" are already ten characters, so there's no need to say "10 characters." :p

A blizzard sorc can make sure she doesn't kill the king by avoiding the fenced area altogether or just using teleport/telekinesis to open chests and loot corpses.