• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Temp Ban... No Reason?

barbowns

Dec 9, 2003
Temp Ban... No Reason?

I just finished with a trade (did change chars like 2-3 times, mules) and when I exited the game I got logged of bnet and it says "Your connection has temp been restricted on this realm. Please try to log in again later"

No hacks, etc... here

Any reason why it won't let me log on? Could it be from changing out chars too quickly?

I've also been mfin Meph all day long, would that be a problem?

Thanks guys, just confused as to why I can't play right now.

Painman

Jun 22, 2003
Massachusetts
Visit site
I keep a mule in a game for at least 30 seconds now and slowed the char switching down a little, I haven't got kicked off since the first couple days of the patch.

*knocks wood*

muzyk

Aug 13, 2005
Toronto Canada
its because you were going into too many games too quickly, blizz does this in order to stop botters from botting. if they notice you going into too many games very quickly you'll have a temp ban for around 10-20 mins and sometimes up to hours if you keep trying to log into account

bladesyz

Jul 8, 2005
Bloodraven's Tomb
muzyk said:
its because you were going into too many games too quickly, blizz does this in order to stop botters from botting. if they notice you going into too many games very quickly you'll have a temp ban for around 10-20 mins and sometimes up to hours if you keep trying to log into account

It's a completely inane and retarded way to stop botting, if you ask me. When it inconveniences legitimate players a lot more than botters, you know there's something wrong with the method.

Ismalia

Jul 18, 2005
East Coast, USA
bladesyz said:
It's a completely inane and retarded way to stop botting, if you ask me. When it inconveniences legitimate players a lot more than botters, you know there's something wrong with the method.

All it really means is that you spend a few more minutes in a game. Do a Countess or Meph run while you're waiting. It's not really a very big deal.

If it keeps bots out for a little bit, I'm all for it.

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Ryhan said:
I got a temp ban a couple of days ago for scrolling the mouse wheel to fast.
:(
Yeah, I had that problem happen once too. Of course, it also happened after I spammed Holyshield about 40 times in a row. So it couldbe the strain of changing skills so quickly and having to load the info for them off of the server, that would kick you off. It was kinda weird.

Aug 1, 2005
Ryhan said:
I got a temp ban a couple of days ago for scrolling the mouse wheel to fast.
:(

HAHAHAH i got that too!! I was cleaning my mouse and changed my pally's auras too many times too fast and poof.. i got booted out lol

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
blizzard's server does random stuff sometimes. The only way to get around it is wait it out or use a different IP. Take a look at my bnet connection guide for more info.

Swerdlow

Jun 28, 2005
Sure...ok, so assuming you have a high speed modem and router, running windows XP:

Click Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection OR Wireless Network Connection (whichever you use).

Open up your connection, go to Support Tab > Details

Copy down the "Physical Address"

Close that window, then go to General Tab > Properties > Configure > Advanced Tab

In the property box highlight "Network Address".

Take the physical address that you copied down, enter it in (change the value from "not present").

Change the last two digits to anything you like.

Don't hit "OK" yet. Go to your modem/router, and unplug them both. Hit "OK" on your computer, turn the computer off, then reboot the network.

All done!