• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Summoner Build

w-igor

Oct 9, 2004
Poland
Summoner Build

Hi, heres the build:

Summoning:
20 Raise Skeleton (RS)
20 Skeleton Mastery (SM)
1 Raise Mage
1 Clay Golem
1 Blood Golem
1 Iron Golem
1 Revive
1 Golem Mastery
1 Summon Resist (SR)

Poison & Bone:
1 Teeth
20 Corpse Explosion (CE)

Curses:
1 Amplify Damage (Amp)
1 Dim Vison (DV)
1 Attract
1 Decrepify (Decrep)

And we have about 40 points to use. But where should i put those? Heres some of MY (noob) suggestions...
-max mages, revive (is that any sense fo max those?)
-max clay/fire golem, golem mastery (clay or fire? Is that good idea to max golem + mastery?)
-max armor, wall/prison (any sense?)

What you suggest? Pls reply, cause i have finished that build and i have 5 points to invest somewhere :) And that number is getteng bigger :)

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Well, I max mages, and I also get Lower Resist.

Back on the last ladder I had a few points left at the end (I was lvl 91, and had something like 5 or 6 points left), which I would have put into the curse tree somewhere.

Maxing Revives isn't a good idea, IMHO --- one point there and +skills should be enough. Actually, more than 1 point probably only makes sense if you have Enigma.

w-igor

Oct 9, 2004
Poland
and what do you think about max FireGolem + GolemMastery? I think that can be good... Then ill have easier way to get skellies

GotFriana

Jul 13, 2005
Argentina
Personally once I finished maxing RS, SM and CE, 1 point into GM, I started to add points into those skills I was using more. I went almost all the way to act 5 hell summoning only 12 squeletons and clay golem (1 point), not cos I didnt have more, simply cos I felt confortable with the number. I only casted more when I needed mages they are very good to help with PIs, so I added points into mages (10 points), revives can be usefull but I used them only in act4 and in act5 open areas like Frozen Tundra where there are lots of enemies coming from all direcctions, so I gave them another 10 points.
Also I put 3 points into summon resist, and invested generously in Amplify to cover a huge area of the screen. Oh and 1 point bone armor, 1 point bonewall and 1 all the other golems for synergies to the clay golem, and 1 all the other curses I use Attract a lot too.

As far as I know it is best to invest into GM than a particular type of Golem then all become more usefull. However you really dont need more than 1 point in Clay and GM to have a good Clay golem, it will not die often.

Edit: I didnt see your question about Fire Golem while I was typing this, but with clay and a merc you shouldn t have problems getting the first skellies anyways.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
None of your minions will ever be as powerful as a merc with good gear and the FG is pretty much nerfed. Now that there are these new superbosses with insane healing regen rates I highly recommend mages. One hit from a poison mage will put a stop to their HP regeneration for a very long time as long as nobody else is using poison attacks. Even if your mages don't last, one shot from a poison mage could last up to and over ten minutes. Also, fire and lightning mages can do 2-3K damage per second or so depending on how many skillers you have, which definitely isn't negligible for only 20 points invested (you got the mastery for warriors anyway). You might as well fill out the curse tree with any remaining points and get a point in revives for getting Urdars to help out with bosses. Urdars have crushing blow and a pack of them can take down boss HP in a hurry. Kind of a hassle for regular bosses but I suspect they'll be worth the effort for these new guys.

w-igor

Oct 9, 2004
Poland
i have 2 ways:
max mages and get lower resist
max FireGolem and GolemMastery

Wich one is better and why? And why that worst opcion is the worst opcion?

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
The fire golem stinks. With 20/20 and +20 skills it does a whopping 708-776 damage. If Fallen in Hell weren't fire immune, it would take it 2-3 hits for it to kill one. However, they are fire immune, so it won't even scratch them. Stick with the Clay Golem for it's slow ability. It's much more useful, cheaper to recast, and only requires 2 points and a handful of +skill items to tank things in Hell. It's slow ability kicks in 100% of the time when it lands a hit or when something hits it and that slow effect stacks with decrepify. A 2 point clay golem which is prereq for the essential Summon Resist anyway is far more effective than if you invested 100 points into the fire golem. Fire Golems are useful for annoying fire sorcs and damage return builds that don't use skeletons or revives. That's about it.

With only 20 more points into mages you could have 15 fire mages doing an average of 393 points of damage with those +skills (more are possible). That's 5,895 points of fire damage. You would want to mix it up with lightning mages a poison mage and an ice mage or two so it's probably more like 4,500-5,000 points or so but these are magical ranged attacks that have variety and useful chilling and regeneration preventing mods. Mages are much more useful than a fire golem.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
You missed a use of fire golem.

Killing players after your poison brought their hp down to 1. :lol: Anyways, the golem attacks too slow to be of any real use, If only it attacks 5 times as fast......

cassurai

Oct 18, 2003
First of all you don't have 40 points to spare. You only have about 35 as curse and golem pereqs are real heavy. And that's at level 99. So if you plan on completing your Nec at say level 85-90 like I usually do. You only have about 20-25 spare points after maxing the main 3 skills.

I would go for maybe 10 points into Revives. Having an army of Frenzy Lords or Claw Vipers helping out your Skellies is really fun to watch. Besides, that 20 points you put into Skeleton Mastery will help. A lot. Just make sure you choose Revives carefully that's all. Go for Frenzy Lords and, well, Claw Vipers. :thumbsup:

As for the remaining points you should either put into Amp if you play untwinked, as having a low level Amp means you have to cast amp more than once every standard battle. Or even more points into Revive if you can manage them. I wouldn't cast mages as they don't benefit from Amp at all. And for some reason tend to die rather quickly on me. :(

mannyfresh

Aug 11, 2005
canada
It's up to you i guess, whether you want a fire golem with mediocre damage or a clay golem with very useful slowing of enemies. And i really dont think you need more than 1 point into amplify damage with skill boosts because 4 mana is a very small price to pay. As for mages, yeah i'd get em to level 20 fo'sure but that's just me. I also like to get Revive at least level 8 not including skill boosters because its fun to see allies beating the snot out of each other :D

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Mages are more important now, since with the synergy bug fixed you can't just dump those 20 points into bone spirit and boost it with the boots.

And while corpse explosion is nice, it's not a useful "secondary" attack since you can't just cast CE when you need it --- you need to have corpses in range.

Firewalls work nice as a secondary attack, but Trangs needs 5 gear slots --- so gear choices are limited. It still leaves the dual-immunes issue, but I tend to accept this.

Other than that, as pure skelemancer you have 20+ points left to spend --- without Marrows, bonespells won't get you anywhere, and neither will poison.

cassurai

Oct 18, 2003
mannyfresh said:
And i really dont think you need more than 1 point into amplify damage with skill boosts because 4 mana is a very small price to pay.

But with the new ladder season, it's difficult to get that many skill boosts, especially for the Curses tree. My summoner is level 50 now and is using pure magical gear. +3 to summoning skills from ammy and mojo wand. Level 1 Amp is really frustrating sometimes when you have 9 skeletons. You'll want to cast Amp as little times as possible to get more time for Corpse Explosion. But like I said earlier if you have +12 to the curses tree from gear you won't need any points into Amp at all.

Knight Terror

Jun 23, 2005
USEast
I consider a character to be "done" at lvl 81. Which gives you 92 points to spend. You've spent 72, so you have 20 to spare between where you are now and up to level 81. I would put a point in LR and max mages. With the new patch, they are indescribably useful. It's not that the mages got beefed up, it's just that all your other options got nerfed down. FG blows. Revives = Retards. Spirit/Spear won't get enough synergies to be effective nor will poison. But MAGES... YEAH! You've already maxed their only synergy, and a mere point in LR +skills can double their damage. You want to go mages, my friend. You want to go mages....

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
LR is still useful to summoners though. When corpse exploding physical immunes that aren't fire immune, LR is the better option. It also gives mages a nice boost against hard physical immunes.

Don't sweat the amp damage issue Cassurai. You'll get some plus all gear eventually and it only takes a couple more points to give amp damage the boost it needs to cover small groups of monsters. You can shop and gamble for +all wands, circlets, and amulets. Amp is so cheap that recasting isn't a major issue. Trang's gloves aren't that impossible to find and they usually do the trick. Once you get up to 5 or 6 +skills You'll rarely need to cast it more than twice on a group.

w-igor

Oct 9, 2004
Poland
My necro is lv80 now. He is big n weak. His stuff sucks. I have 1 summon skiller and no good items on me. lv24 mastery/skellies/epxlosion and 23 mages now. How many str and dex should have necro? I want to use homun (the best for nec, right?).

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
w-igor said:
How many str and dex should have necro? I want to use homun (the best for nec, right?).

It depends a bit on your equipment and if you want to go with block or not. Homun requires a Strength of 58. The amount of points you need to put in Strength is 43 - Strength from your gear.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Knight Terror said:
I consider a character to be "done" at lvl 81.

Iinteresting level choice.

My bonemancer on the previous ladder didn't get "finished" --- he never even bothered to go to Act 5 (never rushed him past hell diablo, that is), but he's still lvl 84 (or 85, don't remember).

It's extremely easy to level in early acts; I usually plan for lvl 90 since that's a nice number and levelling is quite slow there already (my Skelemancer on the previous ladder started on the first day of that ladder, and was lvl 91 when the ladder was killed off).

JoJeck

Nov 4, 2003
I don't think anyone has suggested investing heavily in Dim Vision yet. That is a suprisingly effective way to completely change tough battle situations like working through the Worldstone Keep in Hell if you do real Baal runs (rather than wait for a Sorceress to make a portal :rolleyes: ). The monsters affected by DV just stand around waiting for your guys to deal with them and Burning Souls are not much of a threat at all.

Dim Vision needs a lot of points invested to be really effective in Hell as the duration drops off sharply. Also the diameter of the ares affected by one cast increases with level of DV. It is a very party friendly curse in tough areas. Also it is the best way to deal with shamans reviving their annoying little devilkins :D

So I would keep your original plan and invest in DV and some in mages to give a very flexible Summoner able to deal with most situations (not sure about the Uber guys yet).

Happy Hunting.