• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

summoner/boner idea

JustChrono

Aug 9, 2005
Maryland, USA
summoner/boner idea

Ok so its a new ladder and i want to make a Necro and take him through hell, never been past nightmare in this game before and i figure i'll do it with this guy. I've been going over the numbers for skill points and such and i think i have a summoner (with a cool golem) with a little boning thrown in for extra dmg and so i can do something if there aren't any corpses to blow or my army gets trashed or something, any way heres how i added it up in a rough draft sort of way on paper

Summoning
20 Skeleton Mastery
18 Raise Skeletons
5 Skeletal Mages
5 Golem Mastery
5 Summon Resist
20 Fire Golem
2 Revive
Total 75 + 3 Prereq(clay, blood,iron golem)=78 Points

Poison + Bone
3 Corpse Explosion
20 Bone Spirit
Total 23 + 2 Prereq(Teeth and Bone spear)= 25 points

Curses
1 point in all except Dim Vision, Confuse, Attract
Total 7 points

total points spent= all 110

i haven't thought of what to focus on first or anything like that this is just my rought draft, the actual char is only lvl 13 so far in the new ladder, i just want general thoughts or opinions (esp on hell survivability having never been there) I appreciate and thank anyone who bothers reading or commenting in advance and any feedback shall be well considered. BTW is Fire golem useable in hell PvM or are there too many fire immunes that the skells wouldn't be able to deal with with physical damage and amp dmg? If the general consensus is that i should see how it works out i'll do this build i just feel the need to get some advice from my more experienced comrades.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
1) You aren't going to get 110 points
2) A lvl 20 spirit without marrows and no synergies = no damage
3) Fire golem = waste of points. Lvl 20 fire golem = big waste of points

There are PIs that skeleton warriors can't handle --- possessed PIs and some bosses.

JustChrono

Aug 9, 2005
Maryland, USA
ok but the Marrowwalks bug got fixed in the new patch anyway, to say the least and the bone spirit is so i have an offensive spell to fall back on that doesn't rely on the presense of a corpse right nearby, so i would have physical skellies, backed up by a fire golem and some pure magic damage

and how come i won't get 110 points?

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
JustChrono said:
ok but the Marrowwalks bug got fixed in the new patch anyway, to say the least and the bone spirit is so i have an offensive spell to fall back on that doesn't rely on the presense of a corpse right nearby, so i would have physical skellies, backed up by a fire golem and some pure magic damage

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Both attacks won't do damage. The monsters will just point at you and laugh. Even with top gear you won't put the hurting on anything.

JustChrono said:
and how come i won't get 110 points?

Because it is a pain in the *** to level all the way to 99. You’ll probably reach level 85-90 depending on how much you want to do runs.

JustChrono

Aug 9, 2005
Maryland, USA
ugg well thats discouraging, so maybe part with the fire golem :( and put the points into bone prison to strengthen the B Spirits and make bone armor useful :scratch:

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
All good ideas except for the fire golem. Aside from being pretty to look at the FG is a waste of points. Bone is not going to be very powerful in a hybrid build anymore but as a supplement to drop that first corpse sooner, it should work somewhat "meh" okay. You can probably still get it to do more damage than a ton of mages if you get FCR high enough.

Don't need 20 in fire golem, since all you get is the extra damage. Don't need mages either since they won't really tie fit in since the mages damage won't be affected by amp.

You only need 1 point in summon resist, since +skill items boost it.

You don't really need the golem mastery either, and lower resist doesn't lower magic damage so you won't need that. Max skellies. So if you really want bone skills do this:

Summoning
20 skellies
20 skell mastery
1 resist
1+ revive
3 pre reqs

Curses
1 attract (Depends if you want it) (1 pre req)
1 amp
1 decrep
1 dim vision (Useful for nm and hell)
1 pre req

Bone and poison
20 spear
20 spirit
1 teeth
1 CE
1 B armor
rest in wall or prison

pashonic

Jun 30, 2003
summmoning Tree
20 - RS
20 - SM
1 - summon resist
1 - Revive

curses
1 - point into all except for left side of tree

Bone Skills
1 - bone prison
20 - bone Spirit
20 - bone spear
rest of the points into Corpse Explosion

Stats
-110 str
-everthing else into vit,
-NO ENERGY!!!!!!!!

No blocking needed, you have enough vit and skeletons block for you.

Thats all noobs, this is my first build for the new ladder season.

pashonic

Jun 30, 2003
PoweredDeath said:
Don't need 20 in fire golem, since all you get is the extra damage. Don't need mages either since they won't really tie fit in since the mages damage won't be affected by amp.

You only need 1 point in summon resist, since +skill items boost it.

You don't really need the golem mastery either, and lower resist doesn't lower magic damage so you won't need that. Max skellies. So if you really want bone skills do this:

Summoning
20 skellies
20 skell mastery
1 resist
1+ revive
3 pre reqs

Curses
1 attract (Depends if you want it) (1 pre req)
1 amp
1 decrep
1 dim vision (Useful for nm and hell)
1 pre req

Bone and poison
20 spear
20 spirit
1 teeth
1 CE
1 B armor
rest in wall or prison

rofl same build as me, but I llike to put the rest into CE, becuase this build is for MFing, helps to kill faster.

mannyfresh

Aug 11, 2005
canada
Personally, I prefer to put more points into revive, at least ten, because even with the lame time limit, it still is a good skill if you are facing a giant pack of monsters. I just put the points i would normally put in skeleton mages into revives.